What's under your lip/in your nose right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttermouth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Tn
www.guttermouthelectronics.com
Victor -
I had no idea you had 9 old marshalls. if i would have know i would have offered my "storage" services sooner.I'll gladly get those pesky amps out of your way to make the wife happy...

:)
seriously though - you'll have to get us some pics of them.i'd love to see 'em.

Hitt - the bad playing is all relative. Just tell the neighbors you're a "performance artist" and they'll think you a genius!!

I've been trying to stay away from the gas discussion but it looks like they're gonna make me buy a bike.sigh...

On the upside - my second shot this morning was so amazing i had to share :
0412shot.jpg

General white
Cappa
H20

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Good morning. Axl must have been exhausted after she got back from her trip. It's been a few years but I remember that when we went to Disney. Eight days was about too much.

I don't remember the last time I had a portion break open on me and then yesterday had two break open in one day. One was a general mint and the other was a thunder berry. I usually roll a portion between my thumb and finger to even out the portion before placing it and when I did that the backs opened on those. Kinda weird.

Thunder berry
    coffee

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Good evening. Gutter I hope you're having a good b-day.

We took my wife's car in Monday to have the timing belt changed and also got an oil leak fixed. Last night I went to wipe the bottom of the car off since there was a couple drips of oil and found that the splash guard was gone. I called and then had her run the car up there this morning but they can't find the splash guard and the mechanic that did the job was off today and supposed to be back tomorrow. Well he's gonna get a surprise when he sees our car sitting in the lot again. I came in from mowing the lawn tonight and my wife called from the store and said that she started the car and it made a grinding noise and was making some kind of clicking noise as she was driving. I met her at the garage and we dropped the keys in the night box. I was already agitated about the splash guard. I hope the manager wears his metal underwear tomorrow because I'm really gonna give him hell in the morning. You would think that they could do a better job. It's a goodyear service center and they're supposed to be certified. If I did a crap job like that for one of my customers it would be my ... and it's gonna be there's in the morning. I'm sure I'll calm down a little by morning but hopefully not too much.

general mint
    diet mt. dew

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Evening all and :bday::bday::bday: although if it weren't for Hitt I wouldn't have known.

My mother managed to change out family's schedules since last Tuesday. We've had a system. My sister calls her a couple times a day, normally around noon and in the evening. If she doesn't get an answer, I make the half hour run to check on her. We had one too many false alarms about a month ago. She didn't get her around 8 at night and called me and I was playing poker so we agreed that it was probably nothing and left it go till the morning. Sure enough, she had fooled with the phone cords and the phone wasn't ringing.

It bothered me so I went to HD and had some extra keys made and stopped by next door to see if they wouldn't mind checking on her if we had the problem again. Nobody was home. I tried again the next time I was over but again nobody home. Then I forgot about it until Tuesday.

Monday night my sister got no answer but wrote it off as that she probably went to bed early. She called her the next morning on break with the same result and called me. I went over and found her laying on the kitchen floor. Actually sitting up when I opened the door, but still on the floor. I asked her if anything hurt and got a negative. Got her up and it hurt, but her shoulders have been hurting so I thought that was what caused the discomfort. I asked a couple more times but the same answer. I stayed with her for about three hours and she seemed fine other than constantly getting up and moving around.

My sister was due within the hour to take her to a hairdresser appointment so I left to get home to grab a bite to eat and get the dogs out. She managed to fall again before my sister got there and she couldn't get her up by herself so called emergency service in.

Thus is the start of too long a journey. Apparently she bruised her shoulder when she went down. They said with her down for so long the muscle started breaking down which if not flushed could lead to dialysis so the kept her overnight. Then it was going to be one more night. Then they started talking about an operation which we thought was to repair something in the shoulder but it turns out she now had a staph infection. How, Who knows but she's on IV antibiotics now and we moved her to a rehab facility tonight for what they say will be four weeks. She doesn't know how long right now and we're hoping something can be worked out to get the IVs done at home after she is strong enough and capable enough to get around on her own. She's not good at not being on her own so this will be a challenge.

We re-did the way things are set up in her house and are looking at Myhalo to monitor her so if she falls we'll know about it, plus she tells us she'll use a walker which she refused to use until now. I also have everything worked out with the neighbor who happens to be a nurse. If we get her through this, she may outlive me. :unsure: After all, she is only 92.

Guttermouth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Tn
    I'm glad you said something Gutter. I didn't know. Well :bday::party: . We could do the snus dance, :banana::banana::banana: for your b-day. Do you remember it? Here it goes, put your right foot in ...........

Thanks Hitt and roth.
    I did the snus dance most of the day - i worked on a couple of my guitars,made some pizza and drank a bunch of coffee inbetween.i'm a party animal!!!!
    :)
    Here's hoping Hitt's wife's car issues get sorted out with minimal issues.leaking oil and clicking doesn't sound like a good combination - maybe they will get it taken care of.

roth - i hope everything works out with your mom.My parents aren't at that age yet but, i'm sure when they do get there, it will improve my patience, to say the least.

offroad frosted
    H20

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Good morning. Roth it has to be a difficult position that you are in. I hope everything goes as well as possible with your mom. We had to put my mother into a full time care facility a few years ago but she was no where near as old as your mother. Unfortunately I live about 650 miles from home so my sister ends up doing pretty much everything. My brother is totally unreliable and can't be counted on for anything.

I called the garage this morning about my wife's car. They said they are going to get us a used splash guard to replace the missing one and were going to see what made the noises last night as soon as the mechanic got there at 8:00. He was guessing but said that he knows someone that has the same car and they have had problems with the fan blade shroud so the hope is that the fan was just tapping the shroud and they can fix it pretty quick. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed for that scenario. Last night my wife said that it would suck if we had to buy another car right after spending the money to get the timing belt replaced. All I could say was "yeah it would". She's itching for a new car but we have to get a couple bills paid off first and won't be ready to trade until next spring. I wanted to tell her that if she went back to work part time that she could go get a new one after her first pay day but I know that would have been a stupid thing to do so didn't. Not that I haven't done and said many stupid things in the past, it's just that this time I caught myself before saying it out loud.

Thunder berry
    coffee

W Axl Rose

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 27, 2009
    Iowa
    How can they just lose a splash guard?? I would be ...... off!

Sorry about your mom, Roth, that is tough. Hopefully she has a speedy recovery.

Yes, Disney was exhausting, but WELL worth it. We had a great time. It was so nice to be away from all my allergens for a week. I didn't realize how allergic I was until I came back home. I hated the flying. Is it REALLY normal for planes to bounce around like that?? Good lord!

We came home to no running water and a silt covered basement floor. Apparently the excavating guys decided to work on the '3 day' job they started last november. They tried to blame the basement mess on rain (ya, probably NOTHING AT ALL to do with the huge hole next to our house that they've left open for no apparent reason. He said the rain must've run off the roof. Um...ya, but we've always had the roof and never had water in our basement ever. After some 'discussion' they said they'd clean the mess in the basement. I don't know when they'll get the water running again but for now we are spliced in to our neighbor's water supply.

I did get a run in last night. I did 4 miles in just under 38 min. Not a great time, but considering I was still tired from the trip, not too bad. I'm skipping tonight as apparently I am out of shape from taking 10 days off and I am SORE.

Also, Titus (my competition dog) is sick. Just has kennel cough but what a pain. He is sooooo high maintenance.

I used stonewalls for the first time in a long time on my trip. Although I am used to extra stark portions, I find that the stonewalls hit me hard. I actually get shaking hands and a buzzy head feeling from them. And, I only put half a stonewall at a time in. Weird.

Lab 02
    nothing

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Welcome back Axl. I had the same experience when I first tried the stonewalls. I haven't used any in a while but still have a few boxes left. I'm skipping the workout tonight too. I've been having knee and leg pain all day. I think its supposed to rain tonight.

W Axl Rose

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 27, 2009
    Iowa
    No we are NOT old! I need to see my chiro too! I threw out my back holding the airplane in the sky. man I am sore from my run yesterday! My legs are moving all weird and clumbsy. Not old...not old.

I think I will only use the stonewalls when I need to be extra stealthy. My hands were even shaking from them!

Any of you watch survivor or amazing race?

Coola
    keystone light

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I think my knee pain was from standing too long at the workbench this week. I had fourteen of these little machines come in for repair and spent several hours each day standing at the workbench while working on them. Either that or pushing myself on the treadmill. I bumped up my speed a week or so ago.

General mint
    Tonic menthol

Guttermouth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Tn
    It seems like going to the chiro on a semi regular basis keeps me in a lot better shape day to day as things don't have a chance to get too far out of whack.I'm lucky enough that my insurance pays for most of it so it only costs me like 3 bucks a visit and the whole thing only takes 10 minutes or so.
    Jeez...
    You can just about smell the old man coming out of those last couple of sentences....

not old... not old...

On the upside - the wife starts her vacation tomorrow so as soon as i wrap things up with customers we're gonna put up some new privacy fence panels facing the street and hopefully get a door put in going out to the deck we started last year.
    i boiled up some chai on the stove earlier and now i'm bouncing off the walls.shoulda known better than black tea at 11 pm ...durrrr....

H20
    thinking about general smooth?

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 14, 2009
    The edge of Mayhem
    Well, it seems you old folks are posting fine. Everything's wonky here. Gutter, I see you saw my last post (or 2??), but I haven't :confused:. This is the first time I've been able to get on since then and for some reason I skip right over that part. Hard telling how many good posts I've missed. Dang, I hate missing all the action :(. Oh well, at least we got some girly action back on the thread...Hi W, welcome home (waving) :). Other than that, I think I missed everything else. At this point I'll just ramble since this will probably end up in forum purgatory anyway.......If anyone finds this bottle floating in the internet ocean, let it be known I'll be on a stranding island in the sea of discontent after a 3 day hiatus on the Twisted Ranch. At which time I'll resume a course for E-Cig forum.

Babbling on with:

T-Bomb
    Folgers ES

:?:

So....just where the hell am I??? I heard echo's......it's dark in here.....help, I can't feel my legs 8-o....oh, there they are......what are they doing over there?????

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Good morning. TV, I saw somewhere on the forum that since they were messing with things that one of the code monkeys said that you might need to clear your internet cache and maybe clear cookies too.

I don't know if it's just me or what but any more by the end of the work week I am just exhausted. I had a difficult time getting up yesterday and today. My motivation level this morning is at a minimum. By the way, who moved the bottle of geritol and where's my icy hot?

Thunder berry
    coffee

Skrymr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 5, 2009
    Gutter, Happy belated birthday!!

Roth, I hope you're Mom recovers quickly.

Hitt, you're post about the ECF troubles would have helped me two days ago. I finally ran Ccleaner to see if that would help. Great program by the way, and free. I use it on all my computers to keep things running smooth.

W, if I remember right, the trip was a surprise for your kids? How did they take the news?

Thunder O
    Coffee

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread