Whats up with the i30s tanks? Highly possible user error issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyRetro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Acton, Maine, United States
So I'm new to the world of Mod's and I've been vaping on my iTaste VTR since Monday...Should I already have to replace the i30s? I cleaned the clearomizer by disassembling it, soaking it in 100 proof vodka for 30 minutes, then rinsing it with hot water. After that I completely dried everything, reassembled and filled with a new flavor I just got.

Now I am getting gurgling, and weak vapes. Im cranking the watts up to 12 and the volts are at 4. These settings worked great for the Root Beer e-juice I used when I first got the VTR. Now Im trying Peppermint Chill and Im having all sorts of issues. Both juices are 100% VG 12mg nic from Virgin Vapors.

I ordered 5 coil head packs and two more complete tanks. They havent arrived yet so Im stuck with just the original i30s that came with the VTR. Ive only used it 3-4 days now and I feel like it needs to be replaced. Shouldnt it last longer?

Thanks in advance..

Requiem33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2011
Inwood, WV
Unfortunately it's a hit or miss with the heads. Sometimes they last for a weeks and sometimes only a day. After soaking it you might try a dry burn and then rinse and dry. Also how long did you let it dry? I find I get very weak vapes if I don't let the atty's completely dry because the water or vodka or whatever is still present and it needs to be fully dried as it doesn't evaporate/boil as quickly as ejuice does.

It's good to have lots of spares on hand. I have several iclear 30 tanks and heads a 30b and heads a protank 3 and heads a carto tank and I just got an aerotank. Of all of the tanks in order I prefer the iclear 30, aerotank, carto tank and then the others. The PT3 and 30B both leak from the atty from time to time which is just annoying.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
So I'm new to the world of Mod's and I've been vaping on my iTaste VTR since Monday...Should I already have to replace the i30s? I cleaned the clearomizer by disassembling it, soaking it in 100 proof vodka for 30 minutes, then rinsing it with hot water. After that I completely dried everything, reassembled and filled with a new flavor I just got.

Now I am getting gurgling, and weak vapes. Im cranking the watts up to 12 and the volts are at 4. These settings worked great for the Root Beer e-juice I used when I first got the VTR. Now Im trying Peppermint Chill and Im having all sorts of issues. Both juices are 100% VG 12mg nic from Virgin Vapors.

I ordered 5 coil head packs and two more complete tanks. They havent arrived yet so Im stuck with just the original i30s that came with the VTR. Ive only used it 3-4 days now and I feel like it needs to be replaced. Shouldnt it last longer?

Thanks in advance..

Unless you allowed the head/wicks to dry for SEVERAL hours, its quite likely the wicks still have some water in them, if so it will GREATLY reduce the vapor/performance (as mentioned above) until you burn it out of the wicks and get the juice wicking properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread