What's up with the mini-T3's leaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moze229

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2011
Central NC, USA
I hate this. I'm wasting juice and I can't figure out why. The first T3 I used seemed to leak when it got to be about 1/3 full. I'd fill it back up and it started working again. Today, it wont stop leaking. I've only refilled it like 4 times. I take the thing apart, set it mouthpiece down and while I was examining the head, I realize the top of my desk is now juice ridden. The outer portion had a lot of juice in it. I cleaned that up, and in the process managed to brush up against the head with the towel and the wick came out. I just brushed it, and the wick came completely out.

So, I get a new one out thinking that this one was just bad. Get it all together, fill it up, start vaping and I'm sucking juice. I tried on another X2 battery I just bought - same thing. I'm not over-tightening these or anything - I'm super-careful about that.

Do these just leak and you have to buy a few to get one good one? I'm I doing something wrong? A $7 a pop, this is getting rather annoying. It's a shame too, because the first one I used offered a great delivery. I just can't keep juicing these things up if they're going to leak everywhere.

I have some regular X2 clearos too, but they don't offer the same delivery of vapor. I like the T3's when they work. Any fixes or alternatives?

moze229

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2011
Central NC, USA
I suggest that you check back a few pages in the SI forum thread and you will find a thread that addresses these problems with the T3.

Ok, first of all, it was stupid of me to start a new thread on this. Apparently, this is already a known issue. The worst thing is that I've already posted inside the thread that you are talking about. Duh. I'll beat myself up about that one later.

So what I learned from the thread that you mention is that the solution is that I need to go somewhere else to buy a different clearo? That seems to be the general consensus, unless I read the thread incorrectly. Some people are overfilling or getting liquid in the airtube somehow while filling. I'm not having that happen. When mine start leaking, they continue to leak no matter how many times I clear the liquid from the air tube - it just keeps coming out. I've checked to make sure the orings are in place. I'm also not over-tightening it. In fact, at times I had to tighten a little to get a connection because I'm so careful about that. With it happening on two in a row, I feel pretty confident I'm not doing something wrong. There's not really a whole lot that can go wrong.

I'll just try and use up the ones that I have if I can make them work somehow and then follow the thread's advice and go with the evods the next time I need some I guess.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
I had a regular T3 and it leaked like a sieve. In fact one time it pretty much drained all over my battery while driving. I have been using the mini for a bit now and have never experienced a leak. Except the occasional times I fill it a little too much. Then it is just a few drops and I wipe them away.

moze229

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2011
Central NC, USA
Maybe I just got two bad ones in a row. I pulled out my replacement head that I picked up a long time ago and it seems to have fixed the problem for now. I'll see what happens. I love this thing when it's working because it keeps the cigarettes out of my mouth.

I understand that this will vary depending on user, juice used, etc. - but what is the typical refill times that one could expect from the T3's? I have only been using unflavored 50/50 so far in these.

Garemlin - I saw a post before where you had contemplated rebuilding these. I have one that the wick pulled out of. Did you ever figure out a way to replace/rebuild the wick?

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
Maybe I just got two bad ones in a row. I pulled out my replacement head that I picked up a long time ago and it seems to have fixed the problem for now. I'll see what happens. I love this thing when it's working because it keeps the cigarettes out of my mouth.

I understand that this will vary depending on user, juice used, etc. - but what is the typical refill times that one could expect from the T3's? I have only been using unflavored 50/50 so far in these.

Garemlin - I saw a post before where you had contemplated rebuilding these. I have one that the wick pulled out of. Did you ever figure out a way to replace/rebuild the wick?

Goggle "T3 coil rebuild", and watch the videos.

J.R.

djezewski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Wayland, New York, United States
Before you bother to recoil if you have any silica wick just pull off the little grommet and add a bit more silica..or replace that top flavor which with a thick piece, trim, put the cap back on and you should be good to go. I have had this same thing happen to me too and that is how I have fixed them. I couldn't see recoiling the whole thing if there wasn't a need to..the stuff is cheap enough. Seems those coils whether they are the old ones or new ones can still be inconsistent. Also make sure that stem is in tight..they sometimes can come a bit loose. If you do decide to recoil which I do on the spent ones it is really easy. Granted I did get myself a good magnifier and have a really good portable daylight..my 55 yo eyes aren't what they used to be.

moze229

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2011
Central NC, USA
Thanks for the info all. I watched the video on the entire rebuild and I'm not really interested in going through all of that. But I would be willing to get some of the silica material to try and rewick. I too believe that's all that I need. These may just not have enough material in them from the start. When I get a chance I'll pick up some wicking material and give that a shot.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist

I saw many tutorials but in all honesty I just don't have the time or patience to do rebuilds. These last long enough to not constitute the added time and effort. I'm putting all of my weak ones that will not draw even after cleaning aside and will offer them up for trade to someone that knows what they are doing and has no issues doing it on a regular basis.

B I L

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2013
Hemet, CA
Garemlin, do you still like the T3 minis and you don't have a problem with leaking? I ordered 2 a few weeks ago and they both leaked. I really want to try them again cause I'm so used to bottom coils now. I've never had an X2 clearo leak but prefer bottom coils.

I really like the nano with my 78's. Wish there were something bigger like the nano for my volt spinners.

I ordered 4 mini T3s during the Labor Day sale, so far 3 of the 4 leaked, 2 leaked really bad. The 4th I am afraid to try. I had a few older heads laying around so I cleaned those and after letting them dry I put those on the same new mini T3 tanks neither of those leaked. I was going to trash the older heads, glad I didn't. They don't hit as good as a new head but at least I don't have juice leaking all over my hands, battery and in my mouth. Now I don't know if I will be ordering more replacement heads when there back in stock. I have 3 new X2 clearos I got a few months ago, but top coil isn't for me. I also used to the bottom coil.

I went and ordered a 808D-1 to eGo thread adapter now I am looking for other options.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
Garemlin, do you still like the T3 minis and you don't have a problem with leaking? I ordered 2 a few weeks ago and they both leaked. I really want to try them again cause I'm so used to bottom coils now. I've never had an X2 clearo leak but prefer bottom coils.

I really like the nano with my 78's. Wish there were something bigger like the nano for my volt spinners.

Still running strong and no leaking at all.

djezewski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Wayland, New York, United States
I ordered 4 mini T3s during the Labor Day sale, so far 3 of the 4 leaked, 2 leaked really bad. The 4th I am afraid to try. I had a few older heads laying around so I cleaned those and after letting them dry I put those on the same new mini T3 tanks neither of those leaked. I was going to trash the older heads, glad I didn't. They don't hit as good as a new head but at least I don't have juice leaking all over my hands, battery and in my mouth. Now I don't know if I will be ordering more replacement heads when there back in stock. I have 3 new X2 clearos I got a few months ago, but top coil isn't for me. I also used to the bottom coil.

I went and ordered a 808D-1 to eGo thread adapter now I am looking for other options.
Let me know how that 808D-1adapter works for you..what was the make of your 808d?
The T3's had quite a few issues. The T3s coils work good.

Let me know how that 808D-1adapter works for you..what was the make of your 808d?

I have 2 Volt X2 Batteries 650mAh they work great love them. I will let you know when I receive the adapter plus I ordered a Kanger eVod Bottom Coil Clearomizer and 5 extra heads. I came real close to getting the Kanger T3S eGo Bottom Coil Clearomizer, but I decided on the eVod.

The mini T3's I started using them back in June and up till now never had a problem. But now 3 in a row. The 3rd one really leaked bad. The only juice I been using in the mini T3 is RY4 from Smokeless Image.

I was looking at the 3rd head that leaked on me last night real close. It seems one side at the bottom of the head where the wicks stick out there's not much wick sticking out on one side. That may be why it leaked so bad.

I received the kr808 to ego adapter and the eVod BBC yesterday in the mail. I tried it on the X2 battery, it works very well. So far I am really enjoying it. No problems so far, but there is always a chance of the same thing happening with any clearomizer.

It's nice to try out another bottom coil clearomizer without having to buy awhole new kit. I really do love the X2 Batteries. They have worked very well for me since day one. Plus I still see SI is still out of replacement heads.

Even with the problems I had with 3 out of the 4 mini T3's leaking like they did I will most likely try them again later on. Maybe it was just a fluke thing. Since up till now I never had a problem with them.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
I received the kr808 to ego adapter and the eVod BBC yesterday in the mail. I tried it on the X2 battery, it works very well. So far I am really enjoying it. No problems so far, but there is always a chance of the same thing happening with any clearomizer.

Just out of curiosity, are you using automatic or manual batteries?

J.R.

ktazz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
brooklyn ny
Bought some of the new t3s base and coils and a 808 to ego adapter because the regular t3 base is always out of stock and it works surprisingly well too! No leaks and the draw isn't as airy as the t3! Now just waiting for my ego cones to come so it can hide the threads on my spinners

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
Imagine has said a couple of times recently that they’re getting some new clearos. Hopefully their factory starts making something like the eVod or T3S that fits the X2 battery. Vision already makes the V-Tox(terrible name) that is the same as an eVod except that it has four windows instead of two. If they get an eVod clone, the only thing stopping me from using SI gear all the time will be that eGo batteries let you know when the charge level is getting low.

J.R.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread