Whats with all the Provari hate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFBrianT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2013
San Francisco
It all comes down to people's opinions. Some love Provari, some hate them and some ( Like me ) are indifferent. Same with RBAs and what constitutes a great vape. For me, I get a great vape from my Vamo with a ProTank and 100%VG RY4. And you're right I don't know what I am missing by not using a Provari with some Genesis rba. You know what? I'm ok with that :thumb:

skyztheLynnit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
Don't get me wrong, I buy things from China all the time. It's almost impossible not to. My point is that when you look at the original versus the knock off, think about what goes into that price difference.

Probaby not dog food?

Ignorance abounds...

OT but..What does your screename mean?

pokerplayer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Provari? Nope, I dont hate em (but I dont love em either).
Do I own one? Nope, probably never will to be honest. Call me more of a mech minded vaper.
What about those that do own one? Thats cool. It's what they decided to buy. Who am I to dictate what he/she should or should not buy? Whatever keeps you off the analogs is only what really matters.

xan13x

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
USA
Probaby not dog food?

Ignorance abounds...

OT but..What does your screename mean?

Have you ever been to Chinese factories? They are about the worst working conditions you can imagine, aside from Bangladesh.

Almost daily there are horrendous human rights violations reported on, and I'd wager the only reason 50% of their factories haven't been caught is because they do a better job of keeping people out.

xan13x

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
USA
Is the reasonable price for repair more than for example a brand new Vamo (~$30)?

Never had mine repaired, but I've heard 40 bucks. Now 40 bucks every 2 years is probably less than the vamo count you'd need to make it that long...

No one has brought up the mechanical superiority of the provari either. 33 hertz vs 800 hertz. Many have broken the advantage down that says why that is a better vape. I'm sure a quick Google would find them.

Worzel

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Lakeland, Florida
Provape is there when you need them. You CAN get a Provari, processing time, 1-3 days if you want one. You can't hit BUY NOW and get an IHybrid, GGTS, and check out the Billet Box website right now.http://http://www.billetboxvapor.com/ They are constantly changing the way you can order! You have to either stalk their sites or the forum to get any idea of when to order, or you have to order one second hand. I have heard of people having a one minute window at 7am to put in their order for a BB. This is my take on high end companies.

Last edited:

xan13x

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
USA
Also, I baby my toys. I've never dropped my provari, and probably wouldn't a vamo or whatever else. I'm sure they would last a good bit of time if they were treated well. I'm not trying to say any of them are terrible or worthless. It just grinds my gears when statements about "better" pop up.

Let's be real, if they were all say 100 bucks, every single mod, I would be very surprised if anyone said they would take a vamo over a provari.

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
Don't get me wrong, I buy things from China all the time. It's almost impossible not to. My point is that when you look at the original versus the knock off, think about what goes into that price difference.

it's called capitalism-you know, that thing everybody is in favor of. it's why one tablet costs a lot less than another one. or a phone, tv , car...... well you get the picture. EVERYTHING is a "clone" of something else and if it is truly original it will be made cheaper by someone else soon enough. I think that's great- I want something that gets the job done at a price I am willing to pay. in e-cigs and everything else.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
It's not Provari hate. What's hated is how the Provari owners act. That is the only "hate" I see.

Ask for something cheap. Provari owners push Provari.
Ask for something specific. Provari owners push Provari.
Ask about your cat. Provari owners push Provari.

I don't really care if you own an Apple. But when I ask a PC question and you start pushing Apple to inflate your own ego because you know you spent too much money, then I start to care. Answer the question or move on.

I'll probably get a Provari some day. What I won't do is tell someone asking for an eGo battery or a low cost mod to spend $200 on a Provari.

Glen Snyder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Also, I baby my toys. I've never dropped my provari, and probably wouldn't a vamo or whatever else. I'm sure they would last a good bit of time if they were treated well. I'm not trying to say any of them are terrible or worthless. It just grinds my gears when statements about "better" pop up.

Let's be real, if they were all say 100 bucks, every single mod, I would be very surprised if anyone said they would take a vamo over a provari.

I think that's pretty accurate. Sorta like IF all cars were $30k not many would choose a Kia over a Ferrari.

xan13x

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
USA
it's called capitalism-you know, that thing everybody is in favor of. it's why one tablet costs a lot less than another one. or a phone, tv , car...... well you get the picture. EVERYTHING is a "clone" of something else and if it is truly original it will be made cheaper by someone else soon enough. I think that's great- I want something that gets the job done at a price I am willing to pay. in e-cigs and everything else.

Actually, it isn't capitalism when you rig the game. Currency fixing and violating internationally recognized human rights laws are not part of "capitalism." Also, there is a reason we have copyright, trademark, patent laws. If we allow people to grab your work that took time, effort, and money to develop the day it comes out and rip it off the next day, no one would take the time to make new things.

"everything is a clone of something else" are you kidding? While certain attributes of a class of products may be common, there have been hundreds of new things in vaping alone in the past few years.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
It is not the Device that is at issue in most cases and this has been hashed and re-hashed.

See ya Later :)

LOL - Told ya

Why is it so important to Force people to accept (X) build quality (X)Warranty factor (X) country of manufacture (X) operating Frequency, etc.?
Are others rights to decide for themselves non-inclusive?
Must specific information posted in a thread be re-posted Dozens of times?
Must everyone be told their purchase not only has no warranty.......But will be junk in no time? Total BS by the way.

Like I said, it is not the Provari at issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread