Whats with all the Provari hate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyVsGirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Walks in after making a new wick and wrapping some coils. Do I like my Provari? Yes, Do I like my Z-Atty? Yes

Would I suggest it to friends starting out? Heck no, I'll get them set up with an Ego unit like I did a year ago and let them decide where to go from there. Do I regret buying a Provari? No, it's reliable and solid. Is it light? About the same heft as my 3 year old daughter. I only pick it up for extended sessions when needed.

Should everyone buy a Provari? Nah, unless you know you're going to be burning through more batteries than the average bear and it will become your only device with exception of replacing batteries every so often.

Is my Z-Atty as good as a carto tank, vivi nova or other atomizer? It remains to be seen but I waste less juice and don't have to worry about DOA's as a way of life. Now I just live with an occasional E1 or E8 error. Or as dsylexic Johnny V might say...13 or 83 error.

I'm not a fan girl but I like my devices and my Provari and Z-Atty have been going strong for months without problems. That's what I like...no problems.

Last edited:

seahawkin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Rochelle, VA
ProvariShark.jpg

Ahhhhhhhhhh... I love my Provari.

xan13x

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
USA
But you haven't touched a Vamo so how can you "educate" someone

My only vaping friend has an evic and a vamo. They are fine for what they are, but they are not a provari. To be fair, I don't expect them to be for their price points. If you can't or don't care to spend provari money, there are completely legitimate options out there. Just don't expect to get ithaka performance or quality out of a vivi nova, know what I mean?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Everyone knows the kr808 battery has a higher fully charged voltage and output than the eGo....

But I hate those kr808 fanbois.....

Yeah... KR808 Fanboys are the Worst. I think they are Descendants of Hitler.

They make RN4081 Lovers look Tame by Comparison.

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
What's a Pro whatsit?
(only joking - i think they're better than marmalade on toast).
As a relative nooby (9 months and counting) i have to say that i decided on a ProVari through reading threads on here.
90% of the posts i read were well thought out,well written and subjective. Money wasn't an issue for me, i HAD to stop smoking and wanted a robust, reliable VV device. It's kinda nice that in 9 months the options for people have opened up massively, when i was looking (in the UK) the options were pretty much Ego, Lavatube and ProVari. The choice was a no-brainer.
Any posts that i have read that have flamed the ProVari i have pretty much thought were funny. I agree it's not the PV for everyone and given the choice now available i probably wouldn't buy one (purely on cost).
Most people who have the sense to look on this site, and use it for information and advice, are not going to be influenced too much by 'i hate it/ i love it threads'.
Sorry for rambling but there's nowt on the tele...........

littlewierdo

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX - USA
The point of this thread was not to say the Vamo is better than the Provari or that people specifically here are flaming provari owners, although that does exist here, I saw a post written TODAY with just that. But Ive seen it in MANY other forums.

The point was in the last paragraph or two, which one poster actually noticed.

I dont know what is out there that is better than the Vamo or Provari, nor am I promoting one over the other. I just know that I have one sitting on my desk waiting to be used when I get my coil for my Ithaka. The ONLY thing I did with my Vamo was put a battery in it and run through the menu settings. Feature wise, its what Im looking for, namely, variable wattage. And I also know that my Provari and Zatty have served me tremendously well, 2 years for the Provari as my main device, the Zatty for a year+. I dont use anything else.

The Vamo with the Ithaka is probably the prettiest device combination Ive owned. Honestly, the Provari is rather ugly.

Im interested in this itaste you speak of tho, going to look into that one right now.

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
You got that Right My Friend.

And we have Both seen about 2 Gazillion of these Provari vs. ________ Threads.

Remember all those Provari vs Darwin Showdowns?

Yup... was enough to make my head explode. And the VV Vs. VW debate still rages on... with VW being the new "standard".

That's the funny thing. Everyone becomes a little "religious" about what equipment/liquid they use since they like it, and feel they are saving their life.

xan13x

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
USA
Just wait until the futuristic looking iTaste 134 comes out at $150 a piece...that'll get some folks riled up.

Actually I can't wait to watch PB's review when I get home! The thing looks crazy, and hopefully(at that price point) it will offer a viable addition with similar quality. Hate the idea of a second provari... Seems like buying two of the same ferrari, there's got to be something else cool that is a bit different but still goes 200 mph!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread