What's Your Best DIY Recipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleTa2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Since I tried one of the recipes posted here...(Irish cream/cappuccino) which is in a hot UC bath right now, I thought I would post one of my favorite creations.

vaping EAGLE'S RIPE RED MONKEY

TFA Strawberry ripe. 11%
TFA banana cream. 4%
Ethyl Maltol. 2%
1 drop lemon juice per 5ml

Shake and vape...

Hope you like it :D

Geo

mtdewfreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2013
Texas
ok, i have finally tweaked my DIY Mountain Dew to where it is spot on (at least on my taste buds). would really like some others to give me their opinion

my recipe has no nicotine, you can add what cha need.

Mountain Dew - 0mg nicotine (27.00 ml) (percentages are rounded)
10 ml PG - 200 drops - 33%
10 ml VG - 200 drops - 33%
5 ml TPA Mtn Dew Type - 100 drops - 17%
1 ml VapingZone Lemon - 20 drops - 3%
1 ml VapingZone Key Lime - 20 drops - 3%
.3 ml TPA Strawberry - 6 drops - 1%
.3 ml TPA Sweetner - 6 drops - 1%
.2 ml TPA Champagne - 4 drops - 1%
2.2 ml your favorite dillution liquid - 44 drops - 7%

this is really close imo, hope you mountain lovers like it. ;)

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Quick question. All of Flavor West's flavors recommend - "Usage Rate .25 to .50" -, I can't find out what this means. Anyone?

Thanks,
Dana

My question to Jason at DIY Juice...
Jason, can you help me here a bit on your flavoring rates. On your site it states a usage rate of .25 to .50. Surely this is not ¼ to ½%. What is it? Is it ¼ to ½ ml for 10ml? That don’t sound right either. Can you clue me in as to what is meant by .25 to .50?

Jason's response...
For E-Juice I would mix the flavoring in around 15%.

The rates they list on the site are for flavoring foods. Hope this straightens that out for you Moses.

Thanks Wally! I'm sure I searched a lot for this answer.

Dana

You are quite welcome Moses. I usually end up between 12 and 16% depending on the flavors. If this is your first time trying Flavor West try it at 10% and creep up if that doesn't suit you. Some folks end up near 20%, it's all up to your taste buds.

Wally, I only have 1 FW flavor, Virginia Fire Cured. About 4 months ago I started with 4 drops into 4ml. Steeping about 2 weeks and adding 4 drops. I'm at 24 drops into 4ml and I think thats close to 20%. Not really tobacco-ey flavor yet. Somewhat but not strong. I starting thinking I went too far but at 4 drops every 2-4 weeks I couldn't have.

Dana

Flavor West Tobacco's are one thing I never purchased. Have tons of other flavors though.
Very Strange that you are that high and still nothing. Maybe you got a bad bottle. Happens occasionally. Seems to me most all tobacco's from various vendors are all at in the 2 to 5% range. It's hard to believe theirs would be this far off that mark. Hopefully someone who has tried the Flavor West Virginia Fire Cured, or any of their tobacco's, can enlighten you.

I started this at 2% and tasted it immediately. Tastes smokey, flavor develops with steeping. Right now it's at 13 days. The smokiness has mellowed a bit. It's ok. To me, it's more of a mixer flavor for tobaccos than something I'd use alone. Not sure what 4 drops per ML translates to... but maybe it's too much?? What blend of base PG/VG are you using?

What blend of base PG/VG are you using?

Basically 70/30

Great avatar Moses. The perfect live hard rock album. So many blown speakers from Space Truckin'...

Same here on ratio - 18mg 70/30
I haven't tried VFC but FW/MBV's USA Blend, RY4 & East Coast Tobacco all work good at 12.5%
All my FW/MBV flavors mix best in that range. That's over 50 FW/MBV flavors now, all best at 12%-12.5% for me.
I aim for matching MBV's premixed juice +1 and 12%-12.5% works best for all 50 or so.
Again, I haven't tried VFC but you might want to try 12%-12.5% and see how that treats you :)

Last edited:

Moses195

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2013
New Mexico
Great avatar Moses. The perfect live hard rock album. So many blown speakers from Space Truckin'...

Same here on ratio - 18mg 70/30
I haven't tried VFC but FW/MBV's USA Blend, RY4 & East Coast Tobacco all work good at 12.5%
All my FW/MBV flavors mix best in that range. That's over 50 FW/MBV flavors now, all best at 12%-12.5% for me.
I aim for matching MBV's premixed juice +1 and 12%-12.5% works best for all 50 or so.
Again, I haven't tried VFC but you might want to try 12%-12.5% and see how that treats you :)

Thanks Mowgli, have you heard the re-mastered copy? Very good.
Thanks for the info, I'm slowly learning. I just got some TA from TFA and its supposed to be mixed at <1%.

Dana

mtdewfreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2013
Texas
ok, i have finally tweaked my DIY Mountain Dew to where it is spot on (at least on my taste buds). would really like some others to give me their opinion

ha, ha, this recipe has already been changed....

i removed the vapingzone lemon and lime flavors and substituted those with essential OILS... loranns lemon oil and lime oil. not safe for poly tanks and clearos, but delicious when it comes to taste.

i got a little feedback from a fellow forum member here who tried out this mix. he really liked it but thought it lacked slightly in sweetness. as i thought about his comment and remembered the 3 or 4 mountain dews i have drank in the last week, he's right. i need to bump the sweetness a little bit.

my bad on a new recipe but i would rather tweak it and get it right than just leave everyone with the original (which is good) but is already improving ;)

btw, i am closing in on some nice dreamsicle and some skittles and some bourbon vanilla cohiba ;) (think CAO Moontrance Cigars/Cigarillos)

i've also got a chocolate covered cherries that is almost ready for prime time too !@!!

:vapor:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
After my BB clone experiments, I decided to play with other flavours, and by accident (like most cool things) this came about:

Vipod's Luau

9.5% Organic Kona Cream (Nature's Flavors)
7.6% Black & Mild Regular (extracted)
1.9% Keoke Coffee (Lorann)

**pinch of EM or Cotton Candy for added sweetness

Looks very delicious, but could I use soething other than the NF kona cream? I don't like anything from NF....where is the black and mild from? Thanks!

VIPOD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
NB,Canada
Looks very delicious, but could I use soething other than the NF kona cream? I don't like anything from NF....where is the black and mild from? Thanks!

The NF Kona Cream is excellent, it's perhaps the only flavour I've enjoyed from NF other than cotton candy. The B&M is from an actual cigarillo, extracted using the shot glass/microwave method.

BikerBob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
VA
Thanks Mowgli, have you heard the re-mastered copy? Very good.
Thanks for the info, I'm slowly learning. I just got some TA from TFA and its supposed to be mixed at <1%.

Dana

Did you get the pure TA or one of the PG/PGA blends? I use the pure TA, which is very thick, and hard to get a consistent drop size. I took an empty vial, and put in 1ml water (carefully measured) and marked a line on the vial, and emptied it. Then I put drops on TA in, one by one, until I reached the line. Added 1ml (carefully measured) of PGA, to thin the TA out, and let me get a more consistent drop size. Using the tiny pipettes that TPA included, I use 8 drops of my thinned TA to 50ml of 60/40 PG/VG. My All-Day-Vape (ADV). I used to add 1/4 teaspoon EM crystals, but forgot one time, and found I liked it better without.

Wally, I only have 1 FW flavor, Virginia Fire Cured. About 4 months ago I started with 4 drops into 4ml. Steeping about 2 weeks and adding 4 drops. I'm at 24 drops into 4ml and I think thats close to 20%. Not really tobacco-ey flavor yet. Somewhat but not strong. I starting thinking I went too far but at 4 drops every 2-4 weeks I couldn't have.

Dana

I use the above TA as a base for other tobacco flavors. Currently trying 10ml of the above mix with 7 drops VA Fire Cured added. Plain, the VA Fire Cured seemed to be lacking something, even up to 20%.
I still have several other FW tobacco flavors, around 20% now, steeping for several months. They do get better with steeping, but seem to be missing the TA base. The one I liked straight was 'Tobacco', which is very dark brown in color. Flavor reminds me of those tiny sweet cigars. The rest will be used for 'accent' flavors for my TA mix.

mtdewfreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2013
Texas

the new OIL's poly tank cracking formula... i like this one better... all flavors are TPA, except the oils, they are LorAnns...

Mountain Dew - 0mg (18.80 ml)
6 ml PG - 120 drops - 33%
6 ml VG - 120 drops - 33%
3 ml Mt Dew - 60 drops - 17%
.5 ml Lemon Oil - 10 drops - 3%
.5 ml Lime Oil - 10 drops - 3%
.3 ml Strawberry - 6 drops - 1%
.4 ml Sweetner - 8 drops - 1%
.2 ml Champagne - 4 drops - 1%
2 ml your favorite dillution liquid - 40 drops - 7%

akim80

Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
Mission Viejo
Here ya go Glassmanoak :)

Strawberry shortcake

Approx 30ML's @ 12 ish mg

100MG Nic @ 3.6ml-3.8mls

PG 5.1ML
VG 16.2ML
Capellas sweet Strawberry 2.7ml-3ml
Toasted Marshmallow 1.2ml
Yelloow cake .03ml
Capella Vanilla cupcake .9ml
Capella Graham Cracker/popcorn .6ml 1/2 & 1/2
3 drops of butter
Flavor Apprentice Sour agent 4 drops
Mr's T's Sweetener 3-4 drops
Pie Crust 4 drops

I make em and tuck em away for a week Min :) then use em

Are you using Capella flavoring for all flavors listed above?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread