Status
Not open for further replies.

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
I have an EHPRO clone veritas. It's my only dripper but I can't even say it's my favorite. I can't get it working great.

My favorite too. It's designed to produce flavor more than clouds. Its greatest strength, in my opinion, is that it is virtually leak proof making it a pocketable all-day driver capable of replacing expensive tank systems. It's a bit confusing at first but you can build a simple horizontal coil across the airflow or vertical dual coils if you prefer more volume. I've ordered from this seller on ebay who offers great pricing and service:

Veritas RDA Stainless Steel Rebuildable Atomizer by Ehpro 1 Top Quality | eBay

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
For an RDA and not an RTA, the Magma. I've only tried three, though.

Same here; I've got a Caterpillar, an Igo-S, and now a Magma. The Caterpillar is wayyyyyyyyyy too airy, and no flavor; the Igo-S is tiny, more like a 510 dripper than an actual RDA; it's just for quick taste-testing. The Magma though... that's awesome. The airflow is still a little more airy than I've preferred, but I got used to it pretty quickly, yes for mouth-to-lung hits; but the flavor, just terrific -- as good as my Kayfuns, if not better.

A Kayfun is not an RDA, it's an RTA or RBA.

Right now in my Magma I've got a coil which measures either 1.3 or 1.4, depending on where I test it; 6 wraps 29ga, 3/32; I'm running it on my Sigelei at 10.5w. Amazing vape! Now if they could just fix it so it doesn't leak, that would be nirvana.

No, I'm definitely NOT a cloud chaser. :D

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
My favorite too. It's designed to produce flavor more than clouds. Its greatest strength, in my opinion, is that it is virtually leak proof making it a pocketable all-day driver capable of replacing expensive tank systems. It's a bit confusing at first but you can build a simple horizontal coil across the airflow or vertical dual coils if you prefer more volume. I've ordered from this seller on ebay who offers great pricing and service:

Veritas RDA Stainless Steel Rebuildable Atomizer by Ehpro 1 Top Quality | eBay

That one interests me, though I dislike dual coils; got any pics of it with a single coil in place? I can't even visualize how a single coil would be mounted in that, which is mainly why I haven't gotten one yet.

Andria

EDIT: Nevermind, I found some pics on google -- I came across one with a single *vertical* coil -- have you tried that?

veritas-single-vertical.jpg

How would that be wicked? The bottom of the wick in the well, naturally, but what about the top? Just cut it off short, or let it dangle over really long, down into the well?

Last edited:

porkchopbun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Northern CALI, USA
Flavor, the magma. Flavor with tons of airflow, the freakshow. Freakshow doesn't get a lot of press, but it's pretty awesome. Authentic out of China it's less than $30.

Got the EHPRO Veritas in the mail, so we'll see about that little doosey.

I was surprised how well the Freakshow work also, I just wish it had deeper juice well.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I'm an A7 fan. With air flow through the 510 connector & a screw on top section it's as pocket friendly as a RDA can get.
    It's also only 11mm in diameter inside so the flavor is intense with a higher resistance coil (2 ohm) than what you would use in most other RDAs. That makes so that I can use them on any PV that I want with no amp or wattage worries. (2 ohm at 4v = 2a at 8 watts)

P1010474_zpse9f50e6e.jpg

While not a cloud chaser, they do OK

P1000665_zps1b903de5.jpg

Last edited:

Tagi

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 26, 2014
    Dallas Texas
    That one interests me, though I dislike dual coils; got any pics of it with a single coil in place? I can't even visualize how a single coil would be mounted in that, which is mainly why I haven't gotten one yet.

Andria

EDIT: Nevermind, I found some pics on google -- I came across one with a single *vertical* coil -- have you tried that?

View attachment 411682

How would that be wicked? The bottom of the wick in the well, naturally, but what about the top? Just cut it off short, or let it dangle over really long, down into the well?
    On some buils just one tail at the bottom with just some fluff at the top works But on the hotter builds i wick like this. I get better performance with the Veritas single coil.

94d48f6f74830a2bb7eb8b3e5a790d8f.jpg

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 17, 2012
    Edinburg, TX

Andria

View attachment 411682

Same deal, just build it horizontally and then snuggle it right up to the airflow hole. Wicking goes into the well on either side with a small gap under the coil, be generous.

With the vertical I trim the top but it's hard to get enough wicking in the well. Dual verticals provide plenty of wicking.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    Same deal, just build it horizontally and then snuggle it right up to the airflow hole. Wicking goes into the well on either side with a small gap under the coil, be generous.

With the vertical I trim the top but it's hard to get enough wicking in the well. Dual verticals provide plenty of wicking.

I just don't like duals; they usually require so much airflow, for the increased heat, that it feels like trying to "smoke a straw" -- not a good substitute for smoking at all.

But I kinda like how the Veritas has the airhole side-mounted, instead of right under the coil; I wonder if that airhole under the coil isn't the prime cause of all the leakage from the Magma.

But here's a very pertinent question: how tightly can the airflow be closed, in a Veritas? As tightly as a Magma with just one of the tiny holes in use? I use just one of the very tiny holes in my Magma, and it's a still a bit airier than I've preferred, though I've gotten accustomed. But if the Veritas can't be closed at least that much, then it would do me no good. "Lung hitting" is not a substitute for smoking cigarettes -- might work as a substitute for *that other stuff*, but not cigarettes.

Andria

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread