Whats your favourite 510 cartomizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I just started using cartomizers and I really prefer the vaping experience with them. I'm just wondering what your favourite cartomizers are. I am using a smok Dual Coil and it works great. It does seem prone to leaking though. Also when the e-liquid runs low it becomes very harsh on the throat. I hear you can buy ones without the wad of filling which I thought might help that. Any suggestions?

Hopefully I can learn something from the veterans.

fieldh0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
South Central Mississippi
I've tried a few but I keep going back to my Eliq carts that I got in my eGo-W/F1 starter kit. They are somewhere in the 2.4-2.6 ohm range and hold about 1 1/2 to 2 ml. For around 11 bucks you can get a rig that fits on your eGo batt. that consists of the cart., sleeve, tip and a tip cover or cap that has a pen clip built in. When assembled, the whole unit looks like a fancy sharpy or marker. I've had my kit for 2 1/2 months now and they are still going strong. Now and then I inject a ml of brandy, shake, and let dry if I want to change flavors or clean them out. You can take the filler cap out and clean but I don't like to go to that much trouble (lazy). The Eliq carts, by themselves, are $5.99 each from Vapor Alley.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Try the new Vivi Nova! One word: amazing.

Which vivi nova are you using, I just ordered the vivi nova V2.5 with the short wicks. After I bought it I found a thread about a few months old, and they keep mentioning the V2 but they all mention bad, tastes, or muted taste, some say they dont get too much vape and having to mod them by cutting the wicks etc. The one I just ordered has a real short wicks. I hope I like it, bought it last night out of frustration over my boges. Plus I keep looking for the aluminum tank replacements that come in various colors. Of course Im looking for black, but no one seems to have them except Hoosiers, but they dont have the black one.

Last edited:

Ratman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Tulsa OK
Which vivi nova are you using, I just ordered the vivi nova V2.5 with the short wicks. After I bought it I found a thread about a few months old, and they keep mentioning the V2 but they all mention bad, tastes, or muted taste, some say they dont get too much vape and having to mod them by cutting the wicks etc. The one I just ordered has a real short wicks. I hope I like it, bought it last night out of frustration over my boges. Plus I keep looking for the aluminum tank replacements that come in various colors. Of course Im looking for black, but no one seems to have them except Hoosiers, but they dont have the black one.

I got my black metal tank for the vivi from gotvapes a few days ago.

daniele25

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
phoenix
I think i can officially say the SmokeTech 1.7 ohm "Resurrectors" are my favorite. I've tried the Boges, and some clearos like the Stardust and Phoenix, etc...but got frustrated with the incosistency. I decided to grab some of these Resurrectors and couldnt be happier. Throat hit & vapor are awesome....and flavor is great too. I don't get that muted taste or filler taste like I did with most of the other filler cartos I've tried. really happy with these so far

KForrester86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2012
Columbia, PA
VaporAlley has like all the colors in the anodized aluminium.. just depends on the stock left. That's where I got mine with the short wicks and aluminum body. It's not bad with the short wicks, just have to tip the PV around a lot more to keep the wicks wet. Only crappy thing about the aluminum bodies for the nova is It's real hard to see how much liquid is left precisely. That's the only plus the plastic shell has over the anodized imo.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
My faves are CE2's v.5 with the fat wick, except I run them in a tank. There is a learning curve to using them to their best, nevertheless, a great vape.
hello, I was wondering where you were getting them, most people seem to carry only the clear ones or black, Im looking for the stainless ones because I heard from people in the phiniac thread that punch them and put them in their tanks.
I really want to give them a try.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Just got my vivi nova 2.5 about 20 mins ago, set it up in minutes, did a dry burn with juice on wicks and a tiny drop on the coil and filled it and wow, its nice. I left the wick that came with it on, just in case I messed up. It give lots of dense vapor, a good taste. I hear they get even better and better. This is nice, so quiet, I keep thinking the battery is not working, no sizzle or pops. I like it alot, I wish someone would do something like this that would fit in a phiniac tank. Now that would be amazing. Oh I did find the black aluminum tank at the vapor valley

Last edited:

Cowboy Cru

Moved On
Mar 24, 2012
I have been satisfied with my Boge 3ohm carto's until recently. I think there are some QC issue's lately as you may have noticed threads on. I was getting them dirt cheap, but am to the point of getting ready to pay almost double to try out the Kanger's. I started out with Kanger 808's, and truthfully, they have always been my best vape. So, I am hoping the 510's will be just as good!

Cowboy Cru

Moved On
Mar 24, 2012
Boges are good, and usually cheaper than smoktechs, Im trying out some Kangers, but i dont care much for them.

I am getting ready to try them too, for my Boge's are not up to snuff lately. I have always liked my Kanger 808's. But never tried their 510's. What is it you do not like about them? Also, where did you get yours? Kinda hard to find.

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
hello, I was wondering where you were getting them, most people seem to carry only the clear ones or black, Im looking for the stainless ones because I heard from people in the phiniac thread that punch them and put them in their tanks.
I really want to give them a try.

I use MAP tanks, never tried using them in a regular carto tank. I would think the juice flows better when the steel tube is taken away, but hey, if it works it works. Here's a couple places to get steel ce2's.
Royal Smoker CE2 Cartomizers Steel R5 - $10.49 : Stormys Vapor Cellar, Electronic Cigarettes & More
510 CE2 Cartomizer XL Revision 5
510 CE2 Cartomizer XL

If you ever get stuck with the black ones put them in the freezer for a day, then the paper and most of the glue peels off pretty easily.

angel755

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Sarasota, FL
I think i can officially say the SmokeTech 1.7 ohm "Resurrectors" are my favorite. I've tried the Boges, and some clearos like the Stardust and Phoenix, etc...but got frustrated with the incosistency. I decided to grab some of these Resurrectors and couldnt be happier. Throat hit & vapor are awesome....and flavor is great too. I don't get that muted taste or filler taste like I did with most of the other filler cartos I've tried. really happy with these so far

Where are you ordering the resurrectors? Are you using on Ego battery? I'm interested to try them. I'm having problems with my favorite juices which are coffee (60pg/40vg is the highest pg the vendor sells it in) and a vanilla cake icing. Both are ending up black and too thick pretty quickly for emdcc or vision clearomizers which is what I've been alternating with. I'm wonder if higher or lower ohms would get better performance out of the juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread