What's your opinion on vape safe fuses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

datawog

Aug 12, 2014
Canada
I've heard some people say they're great and vital to safe vaping, and others say they're not worth crap. I want to have the safest vaping experience possible, but are these worth the extra money?

I haven't ventured into mods just yet, still waiting on the delivery of my Nemesis, but I have read all the basics of safety. I've already got an ohmmeter, am getting a multimeter, know ohm's law, and plan on staying well within the limits of my battery. But should a short occur, I want to be as safe as humanly possible, and if a fuse will help ensure that then I'll probably want to stock up on them. Any opinions, especially stories of personal experience, would be greatly appreciated.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
IMO if you will vape within the amp limitation of these fuses, use one. They add a layer of safety for shorts that you can't get any other way with a mechanical mod and they do it for very little money :)

I wouldn't stock up on them though. I've been vaping mechanical mods for a couple of years now and have not had a short yet. If you take reasonable care of your hardware, figure out what is wrong when you do experience a short and fix it before continuing, you should not be burning one of these out too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread