What's your small victory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a juul on an impulse buy and ended up not touching any of my subohm setups or an as of yet still unopened pack of cigarettes all day. For as many years as I've been a dual user, today marks an absolute first of no cigarettes at all. And unlike before, I haven't actually missed them at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
I bought a juul on an impulse buy and ended up not touching any of my subohm setups or an as of yet still unopened pack of cigarettes all day. For as many years as I've been a dual user, today marks an absolute first of no cigarettes at all. And unlike before, I haven't actually missed them at all.

Congratulations!!!

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I bought a JUUL on an impulse buy and ended up not touching any of my subohm setups or an as of yet still unopened pack of cigarettes all day. For as many years as I've been a dual user, today marks an absolute first of no cigarettes at all. And unlike before, I haven't actually missed them at all.

Yay, good for you![emoji122]

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
I bought a JUUL on an impulse buy and ended up not touching any of my subohm setups or an as of yet still unopened pack of cigarettes all day. For as many years as I've been a dual user, today marks an absolute first of no cigarettes at all. And unlike before, I haven't actually missed them at all.

what mg did you get for it?

Reactions: Eskie
what mg did you get for it?

It doesn't come in anything other than Pax'z proprietary 50mg salt-based strength. I've always struggled with first thing in the morning cigarette cravings, no matter what mg. or setup I used. This thing WORKS. It feels very close to smoking a real actual cigarette, and unlike all my subohm setups, I'm not stuck chain vaping all day long. A couple of puffs every hour or two and I'm good.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
It doesn't come in anything other than Pax'z proprietary 50mg salt-based strength. I've always struggled with first thing in the morning cigarette cravings, no matter what mg. or setup I used. This thing WORKS. It feels very close to smoking a real actual cigarette, and unlike all my subohm setups, I'm not stuck chain vaping all day long. A couple of puffs every hour or two and I'm good.

Do you vape that high of a strength in your other devices?

Heck no. I can't do more than a 6mg on a subohm coil, or a 12mg on non-subohm coils without choking up a lung. It's more about the way this thing hits and feels though. It's so convincing as a cig-substitute. Is it a great vape? No. But it is an excellent cigarette replacement in my opinion

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
Heck no. I can't do more than a 6mg on a subohm coil, or a 12mg on non-subohm coils without choking up a lung. It's more about the way this thing hits and feels though. It's so convincing as a cig-substitute. Is it a great vape? No. But it is an excellent cigarette replacement in my opinion

That's good! I still crave smoking and I wonder if I need to have 1 tank filled up with a higher mg

That's good! I still crave smoking and I wonder if I need to have 1 tank filled up with a higher mg

That didn't work for me. I've tried it all. Due to cost, I don't intend for the Juul to be my primary setup. But for first thing in the morning and after meals when vaping has never really worked to actually curb the cravings (and I have NO willpower lol) for a real smoke, I see Juul being a very viable alternative and useful. Used in that manner, the refill cartridges actually cost me less than the cigarettes I would buy on top of all my juice and coils too. That's not even counting my obsession with new mods or tanks lol. With that said, keeping two strengths of liquid on hand has worked well for many people.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
That didn't work for me. I've tried it all. Due to cost, I don't intend for the Juul to be my primary setup. But for first thing in the morning and after meals when vaping has never really worked to actually curb the cravings (and I have NO willpower lol) for a real smoke, I see Juul being a very viable alternative and useful. Used in that manner, the refill cartridges actually cost me less than the cigarettes I would buy on top of all my juice and coils too. That's not even counting my obsession with new mods or tanks lol.

I'm glad it's helping you!:)

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

I started on Vuse, another one of these very high nic cigalike (doesn't even rank as high end as a pod mod). That did the trick and held me for months before exploring other vape stuff. I know it was a matter of enough nic at the beginning that kept me away from the smokes. As much as I enjoy my vape stuff today, there's no way any of it would have really worked for me coming right off cigarettes.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I started on Vuse, another one of these very high nic cigalike (doesn't even rank as high end as a pod mod). That did the trick and held me for months before exploring other vape stuff. I know it was a matter of enough nic at the beginning that kept me away from the smokes. As much as I enjoy my vape stuff today, there's no way any of it would have really worked for me coming right off cigarettes.

Maybe that's what my hub needs. 18 mg pen style with a cartomizer is obviously not working as he only uses it in the car. I wish he'd listen to his wife and use some of my fabulous tanks and devices! If I can switch to vaping, anyone can!
But I just vent here. I know nagging him will achieve nothing!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Maybe that's what my hub needs. 18 mg pen style with a cartomizer is obviously not working as he only uses it in the car. I wish he'd listen to his wife and use some of my fabulous tanks and devices! If I can switch to vaping, anyone can!
But I just vent here. I know nagging him will achieve nothing!

So try him out on something like a Juul. It's worth the crazy prices for those pods if they work. Then you can transition him over to a more traditional vape down the road if he's interested. The thing is different options work for different folks, I really do not believe there's a one size fits all with this stuff.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
So try him out on something like a Juul. It's worth the crazy prices for those pods if they work. Then you can transition him over to a more traditional vape down the road if he's interested. The thing is different options work for different folks, I really do not believe there's a one size fits all with this stuff.

I wholeheartedly agree. Some like one style of vaping and others, like myself are all over the map! No one method is correct as long as you stay off cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread