Not open for further replies.

*ASH*

لــــونــــــا
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Germany
I will tell my Story .

I love smoke and I’ve never thought that I will leave it for any reason ! Even that I knew about e-cig for like 1 year and half or 2 years now . But I've never thought I will like it or that one day I will be mad about it and I will leave my Red Marlboro witch I consider it as my soul mate for almost 12 years lol As I've never changed me smoke since I started it.

Suddenly after am marred an like most my wife told me that in 9 month's will have baby :| . in the beginning I didn’t think about smoke at all , but day after day and month after month I start to think like I don’t want him to smell smoke specially that we live in room I love to have everything in one room , and I don’t want to keep move out and in just for smoke !!
So I remembered e-cig again and I said why don’t try it I will not loss anything .
So I start with Green Smoke I found it's really like Regular smoke but much better now smell of the smoke air is always fresh on my room now , and no harm on health I feel better. so I start to discover with you guys the new way for e-cig witch make it more interest for me .

The funny thing that my dad had a fight and almost a war with me for nearly 13 years of smoke he tried everything to let me just stop it and it's never worked with him lol. and now a baby " That I've never SEE yet " changed My life in everything and his bigger change was to let me stop smoke.

And now am sure when my baby will arrive he will not smell or live in smoking atmosphere. I even change my family from smoking in everywhere at home to just smoke out of home or on them room.

So what your story ???

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Treasure Coast, FL
Ok. Now it's my turn.
I started smoking @ age 14.
Quit thru a program called "SmokeEnders" @ age 30-31.
Basically quit for 25 years.
Then when I had a bad work/employment stress situation, I picked up again...yes, after 25 years!
Smoked some more for about 10 years. Then couldn't quit again. Tried nic gum. Tried cold turkey. Tried hypnosis. Still couldn't stay quit.
Picked up Blu. Good for a few days. Found ECF. Thank you Higher Power for finding ECF for me. Bought a Kgo & the other day I plumb forgot to smoke! Didn't smoke yesterday either. Haven't smoked yet today.
One day at a time.
That's my story.
Bullette the Cowdog says woof.

HDCowboy

Mar 26, 2012
Santa Fe, Texas
Started smoking when I was about 14 and smoked steady for about 35 years a pack to 2 packs a day. First few times I tried electronic cigarettes (used the little skinny ones with the LED light on the end) I didn't care for them too much and then found the Ego and aint hardly as much as had a cigarettes in the past 2 months. Still constantly swapping around with the tanks, cartomisers and atomizers to find the perfect combo but as of late have stuck with the bifg fat dual coil ego cartimizers. Like I said I aint had a smoke in over two moths now and I'm also down to zero nicotine e-juice also in the process of gearing up to start making my own juice. I've been kinda hung on Butter Rum & Cinnamon flavored juices of late.

genelman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2012
Fairfax, Virginia
Alright, my turn, I smoked since I was 17 years old, basically in my first year on college, I smoked around 10 cigies a day and of course I loved it, quit three times, each try was for three years, so I quit for 9 years but not constantly, in 2009 I was diagnosed with Cancer (melanoma) and I was in chemical therapy and quit instantly, however I discovered the hookah and I was hocked for about five months, then I was back to analogs again for about a couple of months.

My friend which is also my car mechanic quit smoking after chain smoking for about 20 years, he told me about the Blu and I went to the Walgreens (the pharmacy) and I bough the Blu, I was so happy with the flavor but of course i hated the battery, I tried the volt ,the mistic and the green smoke, the kGo and finally the Provari, will never go back to analog again , don't have time to waist anyway.

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
First, congratulations on your baby!

My story is very similar to others here. I'd been smoking since I was about 14 years old, varying between half a PAD to 2 PAD at different times. During the 30+ years I smoked, I managed to "pause" for months or years at a time, but always went back during stressful or festive (drinking) occasions.

Back in February of this year, a family member was diagnosed with COPD and as fate would have it, they came across a vape shop on the way home from the doctor's office. About a day later, I got an email from them basically telling me that I had to try this "new" technology and I ordered a 901t kit that day. I've been hooked ever since, and the few times I've tested analogs again I've found that I really don't like them anymore.

joe98200

Jan 1, 2012
Temecula, CA
Smoked since 15 (am 21 now) but figured I should quit sometime from the filtered Camels and Newports. Fast forward to college summer classes and I saw someone puff on their Blu in the middle of class. I really loved the concept and health benefits so I got a Blu kit myself a few years later. Not satisfied (and feeling ripped off), I bought an Ego battery. Yet still not satisfied, I got an Icon and have been happily dripping on it.

geogeeekgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2012
Glasgow, Scotland
Hi :)

Well i started smoking when i was 12 and by the time i was 16 i was on a pack a day, before i started vaping i had gone up to 2 packs a day. The only times i managed to stop smoking were during pregnancy, even the diganosis of adult onset intrinsic asthma didn't stop me. I had concluded that i would probably be a smoker for the rest of my life.

Then i came across vaping, i thought it looked like a fun gadget with some interesting flavours plus the price of analogues here in the uk is ridiculous, with taxes going up on them every year it is now ~£7 per packet (~$11) and two packs a day well you can see the expense was getting rather large, especially on a phd stipend. So i figured i would give it a go and borrowed a friends standard 510 kit a couple of weeks ago. From the very first day i was off analogues which i never thought would happen, i figured i would get bored of it and go back to 'the real thing'. I have had no real cravings although i have started on 24mg juice

It's over two weeks now, i have my own kit on order (some 280 mah 510's with smokemisers for out and about and an ego 900 with vision ego clearomisers for in the house) plus lots of fun juices to try. Oh and the money i have saved so far and for the next months has menat i can also bribe myself with an ipad..............thank you vaping :D

Iruel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2012
Atlantis
Surrounded by smokers since young, tried my first cig, a Kent when I was 9.
Became a regular smoker at the age of 12+. Attempted to quit cold turkey once when I was almost 16, lasted a couple of months.
Smoke 2-4 Packs a day from 16-18 till I enlisted into the army.
Became a regular 1-2 packs a day smoker ever since till I was 24.
Cold turkey again and quit for 2 years.
Decided that I actually love to smoke and picked it up again.
Till now, turning 32 and just became a father last month.
New found respect for life itself.
Was introduced to ecig by a friend last year and decided to give it a go.
Over 24 hours without an analog and I'm not missing it!
vaping is a real life saver! ECF FTW!!

Vape on!

Ben

bodrell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
Michigan
I'm 54 and have been a ryo (hand-rolled smokes) smoker since I was 17. Tried everything to quit, have quit (briefly) too many times to count! I become psychotic and depressed when I quit. No fun for me, nor anyone around me!

So about a year ago I heard about vaping somewhere but never followed through. Then a couple of months ago I had a thankfully false alarm lung-cancer-something scare after a routine chest x-ray. So I rediscovered this site, smoked disposables for a little while then got my first real PG and couldn't be happier.

It absolutely astonishes me that it's this easy to quit smoking. I've tried gum and patches and all that and they didn't do diddly-squat for me.

Good story ASHeS and congratulations on the incoming baby!

cool breeze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
Boston
I'm 53 and have been a smoker off and on (mainly on) for over 35 years. In recent years I was smoking a pack to a pack and a half a day. I have quit dozens of times, but always gone back to smoking tobacco sooner or later. I had a mild heart attack 5 years ago, resulting in two stents, but I still couldn't quit.

A week ago I was shopping at an unfamiliar hardware store and stumbled across a smoke shop in the same shopping plaza. They sold rebranded 510 kits and a wide selection of cartomizer flavors. I tried some in the store and was impressed with the experience, so I bought the kit and 7 cartos. Almost immediately I cut down my analog consumption to 2 or 3 a day. It would have probably been none, but for my inexperience with making sure to have charged batteries and plenty of cartos handy.

A few days and a bit of research later I bought a KR808 kit from a different brick and mortar retailer which had a wider selection of products. My last analog cigarette was over two days ago and I don't miss them at all. I have one unopened pack of analogs left and I am not even tempted.

E-cigarettes made quitting analogs so easy! I really think that I am done with analogs for good this time!

Hello everyone. I have been smoking regular cigs for about 20 years. My hubby and I stopped smoking in the house because of the smell would be in everything. Then we started making our own with the loose tobacco and tubes and had the mechanical machine. It was cheaper then buying packs of cigs but that of course was the only benefit lol. A few weeks ago my hubby started doing some research on the e cigs and suggested that we try them. Our first set up was bought from the smoke shop that we always went to for tobacco. Cig2o was our first then the shop closed down and we could not find anywhere else to get new tips. Needless to say they did not last long enough, always charging them, but they are what lead us to our new Joyetech Ego C and we love it. We are still greenhorns to the vaping, only been doing it for about 3 weeks total. I wish we started this sooner lol. Happy vaping everyone!

Drostarn

Apr 8, 2012
Germany
Hi all. I was smoking for 22 years. 3 years ago i stopped smoking for 2 years then on Holidays I startet again...:(
Before Christmas last Year my neighbour showed me a eGo-T... my first thought "thats not mine", but my wife startet vaping the eGo-T and I tried more and more. In January I bought my first eGo-T. In the following weeks I smoked less and less and was vaping more and more. Now i don´t smoke since en d of February and I´m always looking for new Had and software :laugh:

so long Drostarn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread