Status
Not open for further replies.

Sin69

Mar 20, 2012
Philadelphia
I have been smoking for close to 20 years and my gf was for about 30. I wanted to quit but knew it would be hard if she didnt and she did not want to quit at all no matter what. She actually liked smoking.
Well after her best friend tried an ecig for a week she finally wanted to give it a chance. ( I tried convincing her before that we should try them) So i did some research and ended up ordering us the Halo G6 and the tribeca flavor. It worked so well that we actually fell in love with ecigs and try convincing everyone we know or see smoking to try one lol. It has only been close to a month and we dont ever have an urge for a real one. Our only real urge is to get the Provari and tasting all the delicious flavors.

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
E-Cigs had peaked my curiosity when they first came out, but I never really had any funds for them nor did anybody I know have one that I could test out. Time passed, a buddy finally did get one of the super cheap Chinese ones, had a few puffs off it at a party and knew that I would eventually get one. More time passed...

Eventually I tapered my analogue smoking down considerably until I just couldn't be arsed to go buy a pack one day. After a week or so of "bumming" them I just stopped all together with the exception of a few pulls from a cigar here and there (almost two months ago now).

About 2-3 weeks ago on another forum a member started a topic about E-Cigs and was recommending the SDK to anybody who wanted to try vaping. Ordered one from CoV and anxiously awaited its arrival.

Once it was charged up upon my first puff I knew this was something I was going to enjoy. I've always enjoyed smoking and vaping, cigarettes were the main one but I've got a hookah and I still absolutely love using it. I think my immediate attraction to PVs was the similarities shared with hookahs and shisha...tons of interchangeable parts, insane flavors abound, real nice thick clouds.

Since then I've ordered another e-cig and have plans for more already in the works. I always looked doubtfully at the comments where people would say "I can't believe anybody still smokes analogues." I am in full agreement now, PVs are epic.

TarFreeMe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2012
Bellevue, NE
I'll throw my story on the stack.

I started smoking about 30 years ago and smoked 1.5 to 5 PAD depending on what my situation was at the time. Been through combat and several long deployments (the 5 PAD days), divorce, re-marriage, kids, and finally my first grandchild 232 days ago. Tried the gum once or twice but wasn't real serious about it and it never did anything but taste REALLY bad. Even tried one method involving eating a carrot each time I wanted a cigarette at the recommendation of an ex smoker. You'd be amazed what a couple pounds of carrots in a day can do to the human body! I don't recommend that.

17 days ago my friend walked into work with this really strange looking contraption that looked less than legal at first glance. He put a fresh tip on it and said, "Here, try it."

After he explained what it was and convinced me it was perfectly legal, I gave it a try. After a couple puffs when I was able to do it without coughing, it was like a light just flipped on. "I can do this at my desk when I don't have time to go outside! I want one!!"

He hooked me up with a friend of his who met us for lunch that day. I got the same kit he had. After the quick tour over how it works and everything, he convinced me to put out my after lunch cigarette and try vaping. That was the last time I've had so much as a puff of a cigarette.

The next day I bought a backup kit to ensure that a dead battery or carto wouldn't tempt me to stop by a gas station.

I've paid it forward sending several friends and relatives to my friend who sells the e-cigs, including my father in law who is now well on his way to becoming a former 2-3 PAD non filter smoker.

I'm very thankful to have been led to vaping. It feels like a new lease on life already. Going through the various physical symptoms of detoxing was a bit rough (possible new thread there?), but more than worth it already.

If you've stumbled upon this thread and are wondering if vaping is a good idea to help you quit smoking, PLEASE do yourself and your loved ones a favour and give it a shot.

*ASH*

لــــونــــــا
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Germany
Thanks for your Stores guys and still see we are al just like a pages in a book really this thread allways give me a 1000 reasons to keep move on and on Vaping . All what I wish that i will get my orders to start be a part of this world , as they said maybe will not allow it in the country I live in so am just waiting and ask god that I will get it .

And TarFreeMan I want to have chance to say Welcome to ECF and hope you will fined what ever you want here , and be sure that all will help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread