When are they going to open?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnotGillty

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2012
Sacramento CA
From the order site:

"As a first step towards expansion of Ms T's Bakery, Ms T must go take a look at a new place outside of Maine, and will be gone for a few days. During this time, the website will be closed to keep the rate of new order delays down. Some current orders will be delayed as well, a bit more than expected. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. The most affected will be emailed separately with more details.

We are sorry for this sudden unexpected website closure, but this necessary first step towards expansion is paving the way for future improvements in Ms T's system. Bear with us, the benefits will be worth it!"

Tempus Fugit

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2009
Mos Eisley, Tatooine, Outer Rim
Hi guys, well, on the good side, Ms T likes what she sees. On the bad side, she has to be there until Friday. She will of course jump back on the orders that remain in queue, and we will see how things go. I have no idea yet when the site will reopen. Please bear in mind that we will have to give her a little space soon for part 2, "the move". We are still unsure about how to proceed through that time period, but we are working on it.

T is super excited about things, and this seems to fit perfectly into our plan. Ms T hopes everyone can understand how moving to a new place (far away) is a life-changing experience, and how someone who typically works every day of the week has to fit that into the normal schedule of things. Of course part 3 will be the beginning of "upping the game", where plans start coming together for expansion and faster order processing. We look forward to that part ourselves, and we know everyone else does too. Please be patient with us, it's all for good and it had to happen sometime. That sometime is just now.

Brandon
Ms T's Bakery

phxemt

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2012
Pennsylvania
I understand. I hope that with "part 2" she can give notice in advance so that maybe people can time their orders better. Maybe she can have a cut off date where no orders placed after then will be filled until after the move.

This is only my second Ms. T's order. My first one was delayed when she ran out of snickerdoodle. And now this. Just bad luck on my part, I guess. I will place another order for larger sized bottles after this, just in case. But it would be nice to know that if I get it in by a certain date, it won't be affected by her move.

Also, what state are you currently based out of? And the move is to Maine right?

Thanks

nicosnack

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA USA
I understand. I hope that with "part 2" she can give notice in advance so that maybe people can time their orders better. Maybe she can have a cut off date where no orders placed after then will be filled until after the move.

I have to agree. I must say, as a long time customer, I'm a bit shocked by the dearth of explanation. The note on the website isn't even dated, so who knows when "a few days" even began? Have I missed something about some move? Because I see no details or forewarning until two comments ago. There is nothing on the website's own forum about any of this. Given we are dealing with, after all, addicts... seems really out of character for the Bakery.

Tempus Fugit

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2009
Mos Eisley, Tatooine, Outer Rim
Sorry for the confusion. This is all something Ms T has been considering for months. The demand for her products keeps her busy all week long. The simple response most have is, "Hire more people." As correct and easy as that sounds, there are many factors involved. One primary factor (for several reasons) is to relocate. The current trip she is on was for a perfect place, in the area she wants to be, and would probably end up unavailable pretty quickly. She had to jump, and as far as I know, it was worth the trip. She actually had no way of knowing when it would come up, nor how long it would take to respond to it. I guess you could say we are sort of winging it here! She is well aware of the orders waiting, and is even losing sleep over it. Those orders will be her primary concern when she gets back. We have yet to decide when the website is coming back up. Of course we want to minimize downtime, but she and I need to have more discussion about it.

It has been difficult to supply updates since my contact with T has been touch-and-go, and some details were vague. We thought she would have been back a couple of days ago, but it ended up that she got stuck there until today due to someone else. At least, that is the last I heard. I am hoping to hear from her tonight, so I will let her know you guys are asking about her. We know something of this scale is out of character, but it is also true that Ms T is too busy all the time and needs help to speed up overall processing. Since this is the initial part of that whole idea, we are excited that things are looking positive. We hope everyone is able to understand that positivity. We wish we could have given more notice, but we didn't have it to give.

Oh, and Ms T's currently operates from Boothbay Harbor, ME. I'm not yet going to mention where she is going, I don't want to spoil her fun of telling you herself.

Brandon
Ms T's Bakery

freeall

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Canada
I don't like to be " that guy" , but whether It be bad luck or just a coincidence, this isn't the first time this has happened to me with miss ts. For one, shipping costs arent exactly cheap. Also, the wait time from time of ordering, to when it's actually shipped out, is frustrating at times. I understand that she makes her own juice, takes emails, etc etc and it can get pretty hectic. The last few orders I've made have taken more than a month to get to me. Thats too long. I love miss ts juice more than any other vendor I've tried, but this waiting stuff is getting frustrating. She's on the top of my list as far as quality juices go, but having to wait this long for a few bottles of juice, won't work. Juice hunting I go, I guess..

Cheers.

radicalfrog

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Boothbay Harbor Maine
www.mstsbakery.com
HELLO EVERYONE!!!! Today is the first time I was actually able to get to a computer!

Yes this was totally last minute! The place that I went to see just came up and I had to GO QUICK before someone took it and it is over 700 miles away and I drove there myself! Boy was that boring!! So that is the reason for the sudden shut down of the store! It broke my heart knowing that I couldn't finish the waiting orders before I left. But I really tried! I Promise! I really tried! But I just didn't have enough time in the day to get them done!

Yes I know it is taking WAY longer than I expected! This was totally out of my control!! Some things happened that extended my stay here. The short story: One was Sears telling me that my truck needed new brake lines saying that they were so bad that I may not have made it to my destination! Well turns out that was WRONG!! They just wanted $1000! My brake lines are almost new! Second was the STUPID agent that was giving me a hard time! I was here for a whole 2 ½ days before I actually started the process of actually getting in to see the place!! I spent those days looking in the windows and trying to get a feel if it was the right fit or not!

As my business got bigger VERY FAST the shipping times were getting slower! So what should I do? Obviously I needed to expand and hire more staff! Where we currently reside (Maine) I am SO far away from everything that I was unable to hire people and get a bigger place there. To get to the nearest Walmart was over an hour away. So I have made the decision to move out of the state of Maine to a place where I am able to expand and hire more people! Closer to Family!! And Walmart is 10 minutes away now LMAOOO!!

I know this isn't the first time I was shut down! But please remember I am just one person here! The last time this shut down happened was because my son was VERY sick in the hospital! That was out of my control!

So here we are customers yelling because we can't get there orders to them fast enough! And that is because I AM ONLY ONE PERSON!! Now I am trying to fix that problem! Yes this is going to be hard because at this moment it is just me that has to pack up my house and open the store to get people their orders! While taking care of my sons because yet again I am moving them to a place where they know nobody!

Now for some GOOD NEWS! I GOT THE PLACE!!! We are Moving!! Where? I am keeping this a little secret till I actually get there! This place is perfect for me to be able to expand the business! My lab is HUGE! And I am able to hire 2 people right off the bat! They are waiting for me to get there so we can get started!! The house is ABSOULUTELY BEAUTIFUL! It resides on 32 acres! Way out in the middle of NO WHERE!! But close enough to get supplies fast...not like it was in Maine. My family is going to LOVE it there!! As for the lab it is HUGE nothing in there I can start from scratch to make it the perfect lab for me and the lab is totally separate from the house! Only issue is heating at the moment but I am sure I will think of something LOL!! I need something that is able to keep at a constant degree. Going to have to go electric for sure! But anyway that is small compared to making sure my kids are ok!

I expect to be back in Maine Sunday morning. After I get a little sleep I will start the waiting orders on Monday. I am back on day time so I may be able to create all day to get the waiting orders out! As far as opening the site while going through the move. Brandon and I will have to talk about how we are going to do that. I will have an answer for that shortly. I know that I will be packing the business last so I can open a few times before I move but probably only taking a set amount of orders at a time so I can do packing and creating at the same time without having people wait until I get there.

We expect to be at our destination by the week of December 3rd nothing like moving right before Christmas huh? Oh well has to be done!

I am SORRY for taking so long to let everyone know what was going on! I AM BEGGING for everyone to hang in there! I PROMISE YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!!!! Recipes and all will still be the same I will just have help to make it faster!!

Smooches to Ya'll
Ms T

radicalfrog

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Boothbay Harbor Maine
www.mstsbakery.com
I don't like to be " that guy" , but whether It be bad luck or just a coincidence, this isn't the first time this has happened to me with miss ts. For one, shipping costs arent exactly cheap. Also, the wait time from time of ordering, to when it's actually shipped out, is frustrating at times. I understand that she makes her own juice, takes emails, etc etc and it can get pretty hectic. The last few orders I've made have taken more than a month to get to me. Thats too long. I love miss ts juice more than any other vendor I've tried, but this waiting stuff is getting frustrating. She's on the top of my list as far as quality juices go, but having to wait this long for a few bottles of juice, won't work. Juice hunting I go, I guess..

Cheers.

I charge what the post office charges for shipping. I do not pocket ANY money for the shipping cost

Smooches
Ms T

radicalfrog

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Boothbay Harbor Maine
www.mstsbakery.com
I have to agree. I must say, as a long time customer, I'm a bit shocked by the dearth of explanation. The note on the website isn't even dated, so who knows when "a few days" even began? Have I missed something about some move? Because I see no details or forewarning until two comments ago. There is nothing on the website's own forum about any of this. Given we are dealing with, after all, addicts... seems really out of character for the Bakery.

Yeppers you are Totally right about the "out of character" I am SOOO SORRY!! But hang in there I Promise it will only get better!! I just need a minute LMAOOO I Promise!!

Smooches
Ms T

radicalfrog

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Boothbay Harbor Maine
www.mstsbakery.com

This is only my second Ms. T's order. My first one was delayed when she ran out of snickerdoodle. And now this. Just bad luck on my part, I guess. I will place another order for larger sized bottles after this, just in case. But it would be nice to know that if I get it in by a certain date, it won't be affected by her move.

Also, what state are you currently based out of? And the move is to Maine right?

Thanks

Not bad luck at all. The snickerdoodle issue was because the flavor companies couldn't get me what I needed fast enough. I say ship OVER NIGHT and they ship Ground via UPS and that takes like a week and a half to get to me.

And I am currently in Maine and moving to another state but that is a secret right now

Sorry for the Snickerdoodle issue!

Smooches
Ms T

radicalfrog

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Boothbay Harbor Maine
www.mstsbakery.com
Sounds like you're moving closer to me! Get out of Maine before a big snow hits! Good luck with the move and I'll keep an eye on the website.

Actually I Love the Snow so we are moving where the snow is sorta just like Maine! ...Until I get there and it doesn't snow. That seems to happen to me a lot LMAOOO!!

Smooches
Ms T

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread