Status
Not open for further replies.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Just curious as to what amount of nic, number of mods, tanks and related supplies is enough in your opinion.

Personally, I have over 4l of nic which is enough for my wife and I for 15-20 years. I also have way too many mods (almost 50) but they are almost all Provaris and mech mods which will stand the test of time long after I am likely gone. Most of my mechs are very inexpensive, so I don't sweat it.

I also have lots of my favorite tanks (Kayfuns, Subtank Minis, Crowns, etc.) and many replacement glasses, o-rings and RBAs. Rayon and wire? Yup. Tons.

No regrets as I will still use everything regardless of what happens to the vaping industry.

What about you? When is enough enough?

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
I definitely am not done yet.

8 liters of nic. Want 3 more

8 regulated and 5 mechs. Want a few more of both. Just one really nice 18650 & 26650 mech. And 3 or 4 more regulated. Have my eye on a Triade and a dual 26650 box.

Lots of Rda's probably 15 or so. One ridiculously$ nice low production$ RDA should round out my stash.

I just am pretty selective about what I purchase from here. I know what I like and will get the things I can. There is always something. But I have already spent my stupid money on a really expensive mod. I am stocking for three with hopes of a little PIF action here and there.

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
When one realizes they're buying out of sheer gluttony and the voracious appetite can never be quelled. At this point one is too far down the rabbit hole to turn back, falsely convincing themselves that one more $35 stabilized wood drip tip will be the last item.

I fear I've said too much.......

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
I have just under 2 liters of nic, a bunch of flavors, I think 15 mechanical mods and 10 regulated mods. Spare parts, lots of wire, a lifetime of wicking material. I do need to stock up more on VG and PG, but I think that will always be available. I wouldn't mind having another couple regulated and mechanical mods, but I can do well with what I have already if need be. I also have 40-50 atties and a dozen tanks.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I had enough nicotine for 20 years (assuming it keeps that long) when I was vaping 12mg.
But since I went zero nicotine in January I now have basically an infinite supply.
:laugh:

I use an Ego Twist and drip on 510 atomizers.
I have nearly 200 510 atomizers and I don't even go through one per month.

I also have a Vapepocalypse Stash Box...
(12) EHPro Kayfun Lite Plus clones
(6) A7 rebuildable atomizers
(8) ZMax V3 mods

I hope I never open the Stash Box.
Ever.

Either way, I have reached the point of satiation.
:)

Last edited:

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Just curious as to what amount of nic, number of mods, tanks and related supplies is enough in your opinion.

Personally, I have over 4l of nic which is enough for my wife and I for 15-20 years. I also have way too many mods (almost 50) but they are almost all Provaris and mech mods which will stand the test of time long after I am likely gone. Most of my mechs are very inexpensive, so I don't sweat it.

I also have lots of my favorite tanks (Kayfuns, Subtank Minis, Crowns, etc.) and many replacement glasses, o-rings and RBAs. Rayon and wire? Yup. Tons.

No regrets as I will still use everything regardless of what happens to the vaping industry.

What about you? When is enough enough?

Its like i said. This is prepping not hoarding.

My left hand us wrecked and almost legally blind.

I looked at my age, and limitations in eyesight and my left left hand and guessed i could build for 5-7 years so i prepped for 7 years.

Someone that is 25-30 years old may determine he needs to prep for 50 years.

Take your age and subtract from 75 or 80;/and you have a close guess how much to stockpile.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
When is enough of a stockpile enough? When you are comfortable... And you will have no regrets on what you spent. Balance... Balance...
I am there :D I must be because I am not even tempted while reading the enablers threads :lol::lol::lol:

I admit to clicking a few of the links posted just to see if I can be tempted but so far it isn't happening.

phonedude

DIY Enthusiast
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2011
Kansas
I decided I must have enough when I switched from buying lots of things I felt I needed to just a few occasional things I want. Like it was before all this madness. I think I'm pretty happy with my stockpile.

pondering-and-thinking-smiley-emoticon.gif

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I would have to agree, I'm there, at that "comfortable" place.
Barring the unforeseen household, or natural weather disaster, I planned for, and should be good for 15 - 20 years.
If I halve my nic, (I vape at around 18mg), I could even go a lot longer, as long as my eyes, hands, brain, etc. holds out.

20 years from now I'll be 70. I don't know what vaping might look like by then, but I suspect things will have changed considerably, surely something will be available if my stash runs out...then, I'll just make do with whatever's out there. :)

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
As a DIY er have more than enough of lifetime supply of everything using calculators for nic , super concentrated flavoring, etc etc for the wife and i.

One exception have 2 mods that i really really like with the evolv boards and would like some more of those same ones but if not i have more than enough mods already.

Not young anymore and feel for the younger folks who may not be Diy ers .
Retired and fortunate.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I'm trying hard to keep it simple, realisitic and low cost. I think 10 years is realistic with carful preparation. After that it comes down to things like how long frozen nic can last, how many presses of the fire button and can it be replaced and the life of electronics even on the shelf. I figured out a barebones 10 year stockpile of nic, mods and atomizers then stocked a redundant supply of nic and mods from different companies incase there is some problem with the batches or the durability of the primary mods. So I'll probably make it 10 years, might make it 20 with 2 10 year supplies of nic, and two ten year supplies of atomizers and mods. I'm estimating a mod will last 2 years of continuous use so 10 of those. I use only the SV rda, they cost only $7 each and 10 of those will probably last several life times with spare orings. The cost for all that is $650--for me.

The stockpile is an addition to what ever I use day to day or buy along the way. A stockpile is supposed to be for hard times, not normal times. I hate buying mods that are immediately going into storage so I'm buying them slowly (Picos and VTwo minis.

I'm going to have some other mods for fun. An Evic Basic is in the mail. May be I'll get a DNA 75 device. I'm not a collector. I vape to live, not live to vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread