Not open for further replies.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Officer "May I see your licence to operate that mech." :blink:
maybe there will be a mech registration database, and you'll need a special permit if you want to carry it in your pocket. Holding it in your hand will be okay, as long as it's properly registered, in most states.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Maybe Mech mods will Only be sold on the Black Market once Deeming is Finalized?

And then, there will be No More questions about the Responsibilities of the OEM or the Seller?
In my heart, I'm hopeful that the OMB recognizes that the deeming will have significant economic impacts without any real gains, and send it back. In my head, I will be surprised to see anything other than cigalikes available in retail outlets once the hammer falls.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
In my heart, I'm hopeful that the OMB recognizes that the deeming will have significant economic impacts without any real gains, and send it back. In my head, I will be surprised to see anything other than cigalikes available in retail outlets once the hammer falls.

I think there will be VW Regulated Mods with TC (at some point). But the Upper End that the TC can be set to might Not make some Vapers happy. Same with VW.

But I would say that the Chances of there being Mech Mods sold as an e-Cigarette is about the same as Winning the Lotto every week for 6 Weeks in a Row.

LOL

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I think there will be VW Regulated Mods with TC (at some point). But the Upper End that the TC can be set to might Not make some Vapers happy. Same with VW.

But I would say that the Chances of there being Mech Mods sold as an e-Cigarette is about the same as Winning the Lotto every week for 6 Weeks in a Row.

LOL
You are much more optimistic about vw and TC than I am, unless you consider VUSE's "perfect puff" TC.

It's funny about mech mods though, you're probably right that they will attempt to remove them from the market, but they are the simplest thing that can actually be DIY, and they'll never be able to control that. So by regulating them out of the open market, they will force them into the black/grey market, most likely making them even less "safe."

Reactions: Woofer

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Maybe Mech Mods will Only be sold on the Black Market once Deeming is Finalized?

And then, there will be No More questions about the Responsibilities of the OEM or the Seller?

As long as there's a Home Depot or Lowe's I will always have a mechanical mod.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
You are much more optimistic about vw and TC than I am, unless you consider VUSE's "perfect puff" TC.

It's funny about mech mods though, you're probably right that they will attempt to remove them from the market, but they are the simplest thing that can actually be DIY, and they'll never be able to control that. So by regulating them out of the open market, they will force them into the black/grey market, most likely making them even less "safe."

I think if you Look at it from the FDA's perspective, TC would be what they would Consider a Good Thing.

Not so the cotton Doesn't burn, but to keep Wire Temperature below the Thermal Breakdown temperatures of PG, VG and whatever Flavors are approved for use.

Like I said, I Don't think Some Vapers are going to like the Implementation of TC that the FDA might approve. Because it might be more of a Fixed Temp Limit. And Not User Adjustable.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
As long as there's a Home Depot or Lowe's I will always have a mechanical mod.
Exactly. A piece of 3/4" copper pipe makes a dandy battery holder for an 18560 battery. Just don't forget to drill some vent holes.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I think if you Look at it from the FDA's perspective, TC would be what they would Consider a Good Thing.

Not so the cotton Doesn't burn, but to keep Wire Temperature below the Thermal Breakdown temperatures of PG, VG and whatever Flavors are approved for use.

Like I said, I Don't think Some Vapers are going to like the Implementation of TC that the FDA might approve. Because it might be more of a Fixed Temp Limit. And Not User Adjustable.

The FDA protects the corporations that pay them the most.
If Big Tobacco wants to pay to give us TC we will get it. If not, we won't.

Reactions: Lessifer

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Exactly. A piece of 3/4" copper pipe makes a dandy battery holder for an 18560 battery. Just don't forget to drill some vent holes.
Right on!
I wouldn't stop there.
Atomizer would be pretty simple too.
Remember the old "U-can" hybrid mods made from a SS Innokin e juice bottle?.
That's why we call them "mods".

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The FDA protects the corporations that pay them the most.
If Big Tobacco wants to pay to give us TC we will get it. If not, we won't.

In a FDA Regulated Market, if One Company can get a PMTA Approved for an e-Cigarette that gives Vapers a Better Hit, won't that Company take market share Away from any Other companies selling FDA Approved e-Cigarettes?

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California

That is making a very large assumption that there will be a change in TC policy from "keep the status quo" to "let's make things 'safer.'" I have not seen any evidence of this paradigm shift, in fact, the tale of swedish match is evidence against it.

Reactions: Woofer

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That is making a very large assumption that there will be a change in TC policy from "keep the status quo" to "let's make things 'safer.'" I have not seen any evidence of this paradigm shift, in fact, the tale of swedish match is evidence against it.

I think if you can Demonstrate Any Technology that would make your e-Cigarette "Safer" than without said Technology, that you just got One Step Closer to an Approved PMTA.

The Opposite I also believe is True.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I believe the FDA is fully corrupt and does not have the best interest of the public at heart.

I believe this stems from a systematic lack of government oversight of their own institutions.

Not a Whole Lot of Disagreement here.

I guess I just have a Different Outlook and what will happen After Deeming is Finalized though.

Reactions: Bad Ninja

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Not a Whole Lot of Disagreement here.

I guess I just have a Different Outlook and what will happen After Deeming is Finalized though.

Unless we see a huge change in the way the FDA operates from the top down starting with ethics oversight, I foresee more corruption, business as usual.
The people that run the FDA are former executives.
Huge conflict of interest. Corrupt to the core.

Reactions: Lessifer

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Unless we see a huge change in the way the FDA operates from the top down starting with ethics oversight, I foresee more corruption, business as usual.
The people that run the FDA are former executives.
Huge conflict of interest. Corrupt to the core.

Once again. Not seeing much to Disagree with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread