When the B&M kid just won't give you the right thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Three times now I have asked for the regular 1.8ohm BVC Nautilus coils with the white rings on.

Last two times they handed over the 1.8 BVC CLAPTON ones with the orange coloured rings on and they were too harsh on my CF4 with 50PG50VG.

They have now mistakenly sold me the 1.2ohm Triton Mini KANTHAL coils 15-20w.

I have to push them all the way to 24W and still the vape is rubbish compared to the regular 1.8 original BVC coils at 15W. It really struggles to get vaping at any lower than 20W. I'm only vaping 50VG50PG mixed with Hangsen RY4 20VG80PG juice which vapes great on the regular coils - when I can blimmin well get them - at 15W.

Oh well, just use this one and then make sure I check my next purchase really are the originals before walking out store rather than trusting I got what I asked for. This is the 3rd time I've asked for '2 Nautilus Mini 1.8ohm regular BVC coils' and gotten either the ones with the orange rings on, which give way too much TH - or now the 1.2ohm Triton mini coil....

I do not recommend anything but the standard 1.8 original BVC's with the nautilus mini, on a non temp control, normal VV/VW device like the coolfire 4, just doesn't work well...

How hard is it for him to just check what he's handing over...?

Grrrrrr!

Last edited:

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
It's not uncommon to have a negative experience with a vape shop. If you know what you want, it's cheaper to order it online. If you don't know what you want, ask all the questions you want here. I've heard plenty of stories of people getting not what they asked for, but entirely inappropriate or even dangerous equipment.

Think of a vape shop like McWhatsits, sometimes you've just got to eat, and it's convenient. You could try asking the kid serving you for dietary advice, but you wouldn't expect anything coherent. And sometimes you get a Big Whatsit, when you ordered a Mcroadsweepings.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Yeah I order online when it's a big order. The local B&M do have the coils I need for my subtank nano and nautilus mini (they just seem to not be able to sell me the latter) and 3 of the premium liquids I like so I use them as can get it same day. For liquids that I have to mix down to 1.5mg for my subtank nano, I often have to buy online and get a zero and a 3mg and mix them, as not many of the B&M shops sell zero nic.

It's just this one kid in the B&M, he can never just produce a 1.8 Nautilus BVC regular coil even when asked for, it's like he has some sort of brain block over it. He once tried to sell me an knager evod head for the same price as a kanger subtank nano head probably because they are both Kanger, he figures they all cost the same price....

I'll have to just have words with him next time and check the coil before leaving the store....

B&M's are great for trying liquids, and most of them use subtank nano's for their testers which is great for me as that is mostly what I vape on, so....

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
That damn kid at the B&M gave me the wrong coils again!!!!

Did you look at them before you left, knowing the kids propensity to hand out the wrong ones?

No! But its still his friggin fault. He has something wrong with his brain.

He does have something wrong with his brain, quality assurance is his responsibility. I have over 300K cartons leave my facility every week and it is mine and my teams responsibility to ensure that product the customer asked for is what they are given. On that 300K 99.97 ship correctly, that kid has 100% defect.

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
He does have something wrong with his brain, quality assurance is his responsibility. I have over 300K cartons leave my facility every week and it is mine and my teams responsibility to ensure that product the customer asked for is what they are given. On that 300K 99.97 ship correctly, that kid has 100% defect.

I would take a small guess that you might also be making more than a minimum wage kid working during school or their way through college. :)

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I would take a small guess that you might also be making more than a minimum wage kid working during school or their way through college. :)

We need to stop making excuses for poor performance. When you take a job regardless of the wage you are making a commitment to offering quality service. Poor quality and service impact revenue and repeat sales. This person has a direct impact on that businesses revenue stream, he better give the customer what they ask for at least 99.98% of the time.

Our forklift operators start at a reduced wage, have a quality and performance metric they need to hit in order to go regular full time. I make no exceptions because performance to the customer needs to be your guiding principle in a service related business. I can't believe how often we make excuses for incompetence.

Last edited:

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
We need to stop making excuses for poor performance. When you take a job regardless of the wage you are making a commitment to offering quality service. Poor quality and service impact revenue and repeat sales, this person has impact on that businesses revenue stream, he better give the customer what they ask for at least 99.98% of the time.

Our forklift operators start at a reduced wage, have a quality and performance metric they need to hit in order to go regular full time. I make no exceptions because performance to the customer needs to be your guiding principle in a service related business. I can't believe how often we make excuses for incompetence.

No you're completely right the best course of action is to not take the 2 secs it takes to look at the coils while paying, then make a long winded post about incompetence. And all of this after letting the kid give out the wrong ones three times in a row but keep returning. Seems legit.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Yeah rather than trust the employees are smart enough that I am getting what I ask and pay for when I have 5 minutes before the shop .... after work, I should get out a magnifying glass and try and read the small print on the coil while it's still in a foil wrapper.

OR the kid - whose job is not exactly hard - I work in sales and have to order check and QC check rigorously - could just pick up the right bloody coil.

This never happened to me

'I want to buy a Pack of 20 Malborough Lights please.'

I walk out with a pack of Silk Cut.

It ain't rocket science.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
No you're completely right the best course of action is to not take the 2 secs it takes to look at the coils while paying, then make a long winded post about incompetence. And all of this after letting the kid give out the wrong ones three times in a row but keep returning. Seems legit.

Well instead of insulting someone for expecting quality maybe you should look in the mirror. Most time's I don't engage in threads you post in because you are frequently the one defending incompetence. I prefer having a standard of quality which is what makes the US great over being someone that consistently is defending poor quality and using the rate of pay as the excuse. They knew that rate when they took the job. It's this type of thinking and behavior that has destroyed quality in the States. But some people are more suited to make long winded excuses for poor performance, I will not be one of them but it seems to suit you just fine.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Product knowledge is a fundamental part of sales.
There is no excuse for a salesperson to not know their inventory.
Just poor work ethic.
It also places the store in a bad light.

I would ask the owner if they were aware that their point of sale representative was displaying a lack of product knowledge, and if there was another employee that actually cared enough about their business, that they actually knew the inventory they are tasked to sell.

No one expects a minimum wage clerk to be an expert, but knowing the difference in the inventory on your shelf is kinda the entire point of having the them there in the first place.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Yeah, I have a work ethic. Even at age 16 working at Burger King. I ran the closing shift because I gave 100% to doing my job. I worked part time as a waitress for 11 years. I gave 100% to that job, too, and had customers write to corporate headquarters about giving them such good service. I didn't stick my nose in the air and say, "ugh, I'm a college graduate, and this job is beneath me! Its not important like my 'real' job.". I chose to work there and earn extra money. I also cleaned stalls to pay for my time with my riding coach. Again, I did it and did it well, and didn't act like a snob, or that it wasn't important.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
It's not the kid's fault. Whatever happened to proper training? Where is
that kid's supervisor? The OP surely can't be the only one that has had problems.
You would think someone would have complained. Where is the owner in all this?
Consistently bad service is a sign of a consistently bad owner.
:2c:
Regards
Mike

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
And yet, people get screwed at the drive through Daily.

Either pick it up yourself, or if handed to you, look at it before paying and leaving.

I'll trust MY Competence over theirs any day.

People are supposed to?......... someone forgot to tell them.

Boom, there goes another mod :facepalm:

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
It's not the kid's fault. Whatever happened to proper training? Where is
that kid's supervisor? The OP surely can't be the only one that has had problems.
You would think someone would have complained. Where is the owner in all this?
Consistently bad service is a sign of a consistently bad owner.
:2c:
Regards
Mike

So are you assuming the employee wasn't trained. Can we also assume the employee can't read because it's written on the box.

We give our new team members 5 days of training and still release associates for poor performance, poor quality and not following best practices. It's turning into a world with no individual accountability and excuses for poor performance. What ever happened to doing the job you got hired and paid for, his job was behind the counter sales, servicing the customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread