When the B&M kid just won't give you the right thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I would take a small guess that you might also be making more than a minimum wage kid working during school or their way through college. :)

He better not be a kid working in a vape shop, he took the job for the wage he was offered so he made a commitment to do the job correctly. My associates start at $13.00 hr and get a $0.50 raise every 3 months (up to 24 and than COLA) if they take pride in their work. Much like Mike already noted, it's my job to mentor them and help them to become successful.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I expect the employee AND the customer to be competent enough that...

Between the two...

They can figure out how to get the customer what they need the first time.

This is a fail/fail, fail/fail, fail/fail...

If it were me, I'd have kept it to myself. I'd be too embarrassed.

Tapatyped

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I always wondered what happened to all those young, dedicated, perfect employees after they got older. Turns out they are right here on ECF, lol. Not to worry though, because it appears that they have traded youth for self-righteousness. :w00t:

I know that whenever an employee in a retail establishment that I visit screws up, especially more than once, my first thought isn't to speak with the employee or management about it, it is to get on the internet and bash the employee, or the shop where they work. I don't mind doing this, because when I was younger, I worked much harder than everyone else, and I never made dumb mistakes....ever. ;)
You just became awesome.[emoji38]

Tapatyped

Reactions: Toronnah

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
But isn't that part of the bigger problem? And as someone mentioned in the thread people are looking to get paid $15 an hour to work in fast food restaurant's.
As the consumer, I wish they would.

Pay the vape clerk minimum wage.

But the guy preparing my food? I want him to care about his performance.

Tapatyped

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
100% is unrealistic but if the same adult person at McDs got your order wrong 3 times wouldn't you think maybe they should stick to the fry station instead of the register?
To stretch that analogy further:

Would you want that person advising a new vaper on say toppers for a SMPL?
Battery CDR?

A happy meal won't vent and turn into a pipe bomb.
I'll take my chances with the pipe bomb. When I leave, I have a choice to educate myself or not.

The happy meal your minimum wage employee spat into the fry cooker for 8 hours... well... there's no way for me to know I shouldn't feed that to my kid at this time.

Tapatyped

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
5guys ain't got nuthin on Ninja bacon burger Sunday.

The only thing that tops that is Ninja bacon stuffed smoked Turkey day, which is reserved for special occasions.
;)
But it don't suck.

And it's real food.

And the kiddos think it's special.

I'm not ashamed to say sometimes I want food nao! and don't want to cook.

At those times, 5 guys or chic-fil-a are perfectly acceptable IMO.

I put it down on the grill, too. I even cook my meals in the truck when I'm on the road. :)

Surprised you haven't seen my grill and my Crock pot mounted yet.

Tapatyped

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I've never bought any food from there but a buddy of mine turned me onto the chic-fil-a Frosted Lemonade and I'm hooked. I can't drive by without picking one up.
Get the small fry. Unless you have 3 hungry athletes to share it with. Then maybe consider a large.

But do try 5 guys. Real. Good. Burgers.

Tapatyped

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I put it down on the grill, too. I even cook my meals in the truck when I'm on the road. :)

Surprised you haven't seen my grill and my Crock pot mounted yet.

Tapatyped

You sir, are a credit to men everywhere.
Lol
I want an on board grill now.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Get the small fry. Unless you have 3 hungry athletes to share it with. Then maybe consider a large.

But do try 5 guys. Real. Good. Burgers.

Tapatyped

Both are right by the office and 5 guys has kick azz fries, double dropped and crispy.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Nice!

Is he really a Bad Ninja or just a little naughty.
image.jpg

He has very sharp sword!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread