When to charge batteries? (ego twist)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoper50

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
I have the 1000mah and the 650mah ego-c twists. I don't know very much about these types of batteries, but I'd like to make the lifespan last as long as possible. When I talk about lifespan, I'm not talking about vaping time. I'm talking about the time from the point of purchase to the point where I have to discard them because they no longer work properly.

Like I said, I don't know much about these types of batteries, but I've read about battery "memory", and things like this. Some say that you should run a battery down until it's dead or almost dead before recharging, and others say that it's better to keep it topped off by recharging it often.

I've found that I can make it a day and a half on my 650 twist before the battery is completely out of juice. The 1000mah lasts a bit longer. Is there any harm in keeping these things on the charger every night, even if they are not completely dead when I start the charge?

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
I have always discharged my batteries fully before recharging. Once the indicator goes green, I remove them from the charger, for safety reasons. I have not had a problem with any battery either I or my girlfriend has had, and we have about 6 eGo batteries each (3 twist, 3 standard) of 350, 650 and 1000mah. I always buy genuine eGo's since I have had good luck with that brand. I got three twists when I upgraded so that I have an extra for when one fails I still have primary and backup batteries. I make sure I use them in rotation so none of them is "idle".

They say they don't have memory, but I always treat all batteries the same way. I use them all the way down to empty, and recharge them fully once I put them on a charger.

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
I've been recharging my Twists overnight for the past couple of months with no problems. I guess it boils down to how "disposable" you view your ~$25 device.

You will increase the life taking them out and in of the charger at the recommended times,but its always safer too keep and eye on the charger,sometimes they have know to ignite,just keep the charger away from flammable materials, charge mine on my stove outlet,if they malfunction nothning to burn,always play it safe,:censored: happens

JShrigley

ECF Veteran
my ego twist goes on the charger at night and comes off in the morning. As long as you are using the correct charger for your equipment there is little to nothing to worry about. Sure there is the possibility of some kind of malfunction causing a fire or whatnot but the reality is your homes electrical system is no different if there is a malfunction it could and would cause a fire. There is a much larger risk of fire by using large power bars with a bunch of items plugged into it than you will ever find from a small battery charger.

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
I just got two ego c twist 1000mah batteries on Monday (genuine joyetech) and use them till they don't work anymore. Problem is they take forever to charge. Had one plugged in using the wall adapter in a surge protector that I use for an external hard drive and a lamp, the thing is still charging from 8:30pm till now 3am. Red light on both the wall wart and where it screws on to the battery. Is this normal?

Contacts are cleaned before I place them on the charger.... this is my first setup and thought these things charged in just over 3 hours at most. I also noticed that the button for firing is tight on the stainless one and the black one makes a sound if you shake the battery lol, yeah I'm a bit .... with stuff like that. Got these from myvaporstore , like I said on Monday....brand new and acting like they are a year old already. Do I need to plug them into the wall....tried to charge one using usb on my laptop and it also took forever.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I just got two ego c twist 1000mah batteries on Monday (genuine joyetech) and use them till they don't work anymore. Problem is they take forever to charge. Had one plugged in using the wall adapter in a surge protector that I use for an external hard drive and a lamp, the thing is still charging from 8:30pm till now 3am. Red light on both the wall wart and where it screws on to the battery. Is this normal?

Contacts are cleaned before I place them on the charger.... this is my first setup and thought these things charged in just over 3 hours at most. I also noticed that the button for firing is tight on the stainless one and the black one makes a sound if you shake the battery lol, yeah I'm a bit .... with stuff like that. Got these from myvaporstore , like I said on Monday....brand new and acting like they are a year old already. Do I need to plug them into the wall....tried to charge one using usb on my laptop and it also took forever.

It shouldn't take that long to charge. What is the specs on your charger?

With the tight button and the shaking sound, I'd send them back... contact the vendor soon as there is probably a short return time.

hvac999

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I agree with the last post. I've owned a bunch of ego batteries and it has NEVER taken that long. The longest any of mine have taken to charge in the wall is 5 hours and that was a 1300 mah battery. Not even when I was charging usb. It is fine to charge a battery at any state of charge. It ,of course, will always be faster if wall charging as opposed to usb.

Susan_B

Feb 21, 2012
New York
My Twists took hours and hours to charge at first. After a while, I stopped using the wallwart I bought with them (correct specs, supposedly) and started plugging them into a 5 volt 2 Amp AC-to-4-port USB hub that I had (using no more than 2 ports at a time). They charge in a normal amount of time, using that. Takes a little under 2 hours for a 650 and a bit more for a 1000 mAh Twist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread