When will subohm and high wattage mania end? And what trend will replace ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
[QUO peTE="BlueMoods, post: 19607191, member: 42316"]Even worse is the shops like mine that do have the MTL gear, even eGo pens and T3 tanks but, noting over 6mg nicotine unless you know to special request it ahead of time and, wait 3 days to get the juice you want in higher nicotine.

6mg is not enough for many to quit on MTL, not enough for a few on cloud bank mods. Used to be they had anything 0mg to 36mg, then the top dropped to 24mg, now it's 6mg except special request which costs more.
Nothing Over 6mg??? That's why folks chain vape lol

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I would have never gotten involved in the lower ohm high juice consumption if weren't for DIY. Even at 5 to 7 ml a day of 6 mg, the cost of juice is prohibitive. When I was vaping 2 ml a day I didn't feel terrible about the high cost of commercial use. But it was access to lots of juice for little money that got me playing around with lower ohm builds. I also agree with @littlewierdo that subohm does not mean less flavor. In truth the flavor can be better in my subohm tanks/builds than a mtl factory coil.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I'm a believer in vape what you like but the one thing I dislike about the high power cloud craze is some vape shops (brick and mortar and online) no longer giving folks decent options on higher nicotine or pg/VG juice ratios. Many new vapers don't even know they have an option for MTL low power vaping that's similar to how they smoked, they just get shoved to the latest cloud chucker coil of the day.
Preach it.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I hate the IC 1.1 coils in the icare line, they have a closed bottom, NO air flow through the coil so it basically heats the juice and vaporizes and spits as you draw in air from above the coil. Mine are no longer used, worst design of a coil ever.
I'm not digging the coils either which sucks because I definitely love the design of the iCare Solo. Ergonomics of a Juul, no pod, simple fill and replace coil system and button not draw activated.

I've sent Aspire a couple of requests to copy the design but use the Nautilus coils. I think that dog would hunt!

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I would have never gotten involved in the lower ohm high juice consumption if weren't for DIY. Even at 5 to 7 ml a day of 6 mg, the cost of juice is prohibitive. When I was vaping 2 ml a day I didn't feel terrible about the high cost of commercial use. But it was access to lots of juice for little money that got me playing around with lower ohm builds. I also agree with @littlewierdo that subohm does not mean less flavor. In truth the flavor can be better in my subohm tanks/builds than a mtl factory coil.
The flavor on my Serpent and KF Monster tanks was outstanding. Of course a crap load of juice was vaporized on each draw so I would expect there to be a ton of flavor.

Reactions: Eskie

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Yes its different now when someone trying to quit and learn vaping and mostly see 2 and 3 battery mods with high wattage .
This is not how many of us learned and quit smoking.

Edit : as for flavor get very nice flavor as a DIYer @12.5 watts 1 to 1.10 ohm coil, 96.5PG as VG does not agree with body at all.Do not blow clouds but enough to be off stinkies going on 7 years.

We are all different .

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
I hate the IC 1.1 coils in the icare line, they have a closed bottom, NO air flow through the coil so it basically heats the juice and vaporizes and spits as you draw in air from above the coil. Mine are no longer used, worst design of a coil ever.
I've heard mixed reviews
Yes its a shame when someone trying to quit and learn vaping and mostly see 2 and 3 battery mods with high wattage .
This is not how many of us learned and quit smoking.
Exactly and it'd be better if they started on internal battery mods.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Most of those glowing early reviews here in the forum of the icare line with the IC 1.1 coils devolved into flavor muted and it spits comments after some time with them lol
Yeah, I still use it because it is so convenient to toss around but spits like a beast and have to mop it up all the time. Flavor is decent for me.

Reactions: David Wolf

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I switched from cigs and it seemed that that was what everyone was doing. Their were not as many options as today either, so non-smokers didn't seem to be involved. Then, options came out, a fad seemed to start.

I gotta say, the social stigma has drowned out the positives of vaping. Many other countries are ahead of the U.S. in seeing the positives.

Anyway, I got into hobbyist activities more than necessary to not smoke cigs. I don't really think that 16x18650 battery mod of mine is really necessary. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Eskie

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
I'm a believer in vape what you like but the one thing I dislike about the high power cloud craze is some vape shops (brick and mortar and online) no longer giving folks decent options on higher nicotine or pg/VG juice ratios. Many new vapers don't even know they have an option for MTL low power vaping that's similar to how they smoked, they just get shoved to the latest cloud chucker coil of the day.
And they get reccommended to use 3mg juice, which is just stupid, I've never seen any of my freinds successfully quit with that, usually I end up having to adjust the nic level for them.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
They have no idea what they should want either, they see people blowing huge clouds and think, oh cool I want to do that... my roommate last year was sold a cleito and a sigelei 213, which imo was one of the worst things I've ever tried, barely any flavor & more importantly, absolutely no throat hit, terrible mod, completely unacceptable setup for someone coming off of cigs... After a few days he was still smoking and just happened to pick up my setup (ubertoot/vapeshark) off the counter, tried it and was like "see this is what I wanted" I gave him just some old stuff I had laying around, an old kabuki clone that belonged to my gf and an old evic that had been reflashed with ArcticFox. He went out and got some nautilus coils & he hasn't had a cig since.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Exactly, best setup for a beginner, a Nautilus coil/tank and a mod that does 30 watts max.

In fact that setup can be a lifetime if someone decides.
That's exactly what kept me off cigarettes for three years. I have RBAs but the nautilus coil tanks were my go to daily vape.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
That's exactly what kept me off cigarettes for three years. I have RBAs but the nautilus coil tanks were my go to daily vape.
And that is the reason for this thread...let's work together to get the industry back to getting smokers off the stinkies!

ImThatGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
California
To each their own. Just as we have our own opinions about different flavors of juice. Taste is subjective/preference. It's our choice to use whatever setup we prefer. It's my choice to still use a Griffin on 0.24 with 3mg at 33 watts, just as it is for you to use a TFV12 on 0.15 with 6mg at 90 watts.

Don't be like the FDA and force everyone to have no options. Stop calling it a fad. It's forward progress because of time, techonology, innovation, science, etc. It's here presently; stop reflecting on the past.

I remember a few members here who were against "sub-ohming with high wattage"; and now...they're using high powered devices with subohm tanks/rba/rda and mostly all...love it.

I for one started with standard res cartomizers on provari/evic/ego at 4 volts (8-10 watts), and now I'm mostly using my griffins or dripper, that are all dual coils of 0.24-ish resistance at wattages of 33-60ish (3volts-ish). Do I want to use the previous setups? No. My new setups give me what I want at a fraction of the effort; lowered my nicotine strength down to 3mg-ish and I don't need vape sessions to be fixed - it can be accomplished with a few tokes, then put it down and continue with life.

It's for them if it's not for you. It's for you if it's not for them. It's not a fad.

Reactions: Mowgli

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Agreed, not a fad and all should be able to choose what they want to vape. Only point here is to give a good all options and not just some... My journey took me back to good old mtl vaping for several reasons but I would never disallow any adult any options they may choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread