When will subohm and high wattage mania end? And what trend will replace ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMS62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
Mesa, AZ
Exactly, best setup for a beginner, a Nautilus coil/tank and a mod that does 30 watts max.

In fact that setup can be a lifetime if someone decides.
Since everyone, including beginners, are different, there is no one single "best set-up" for beginners. What may work for some, might not work for others.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
It is possible to quit cigarettes with fairly low end devices. I managed to do it after several decades of smoking a pack a day. You just have to hang in there. First couple weeks you still crave all those chemicals in cigarettes. Once you make the transition, your health definitely improves and there is no desire to actually smoke cigs again.

Started out about 6 months ago with disposables purchased at convenience stores. First ones I got were those Vuse disposables. Satisfied the Nicotine, but had way too much nicotine at 48 mg and made me cough as well. Also not really any less expensive than purchasing cigarettes.

Switched over to V2 EX cartridges with rechargeable battery. Refillable carts that can be used for around a week before needing to change them out with a new one. Used 24mg nicotine juice. Stayed with that thru a bottle of the juice. Still too much nicotine as I vaped it up a lot.

Switched over to Istick 30w Battery with Kanger T3s carts with 1.8 ohm coils and 6 mg nicotine juice. Ran them between 7 and 8 watts. This seemed about right. Pretty good amount of vapor and a week or more per coil vaping 3 to 4 ML ml of juice a day. Stayed with that for around 3 months.. Also this was a lot cheaper than cigarettes, especially if you rebuild the Coils yourself. Also tastes better if you rebuild them and use cotton for wicking.

Finally switched over to a Kanger Subtank Mini and cut down to 3 mg juice. This came with preinstalled .5 ohm coil. Decent flavor but way too much vapor. Also included with it was a 1.2 ohm coil and the mini RBA tank. The 1.2 ohm coil had good taste and plenty of vapor.

I now use the RBA tank and build coils shooting for around 1.2 ohm. These taste really good and last quite awhile with dry burning and re-wicking about once a week. Run them around 14W and set the air control to low flow. Great for MTL for me at least. The only down side seems to be that I now vape around 5 to 6 ML juice a day. But still a lot less expensive and better than smoking.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
The next trend in the USA. I'm gonna guess more MTL and lower wattage sub ohm devices. When the FDA and the government tax the heck out of ejuice we will see how many people will still be filling up there tanks and RDAs all day long. The trend will change out of a need to save $$$. Yes many will DIY. But the reality is most people don't want to make there own eliquid. Most don't want to even rebuild a coil. That's just my guess on the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I kind of like the trend toward high nicotine pod mods and nic salts, I think that will make it a lot easier for folks to get of cigarrettes than folks directing them to high powered DL devices with 3 to 6 mg nic which won't satisfy the urge without sucking down a ton of ejuice for many smokers. I can see the trend turning back from devices like this HS500W box mod lol :rolleyes::
500W Box Mod Coming!: FastTech Forums

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
The next trend in the USA. I'm gonna guess more MTL and lower wattage sub ohm devices. When the FDA and the government tax the heck out of ejuice we will see how many people will still be filling up there tanks and RDAs all day long. The trend will change out of a need to save $$$. Yes many will DIY. But the reality is most people don't want to make there own eliquid. Most don't want to even rebuild a coil. That's just my guess on the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's very true, I don't know anyone round here who builds or does diy!

Reactions: Cosmic_Glaze

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
I kind of like the trend toward high nicotine pod mods and nic salts, I think that will make it a lot easier for folks to get of cigarrettes than folks directing them to high powered DL devices with 3 to 6 mg nic which won't satisfy the urge without sucking down a ton of ejuice for many smokers. I can see the trend turning back from devices like this HS500W box mod lol :rolleyes::
Wow I thought 350 was too much!

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Don't laugh. We are at a "REAL" 400w now. I can't imagine a 5-6x18650 500w+ fog machine being that far away.

Craziness!

mountaingal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Tennessee and ports on the East Coast
(And am I the only tootie puffed out there that likes 15 watts and high nicotine ? )

Hello, here I am!! I use 18W and 20mg/ml!! And have for about 5years. I just can't cut down on the nic. I tried 18mg/ml and needed to vape too much. At 20mg/ml I can go a few hours with out the need to vape. When I use my .5Ω coils, I just lower the wattage, not the nic. I never get nic sick, even at lower Ωs. I did try 12mg/ml when I got the.5Ω coils, but I really was not satisfied.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

numsquat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2015

I kind of see the same thing. Big tobacco will get the convenience store business with the Vuze/Blue e-cigs and the hobbiest will loose out. Big pharm will still push the nic gum/patch/anti-depressant. Those that prepped will be okay but there will be million(s) in the middle that will loose out. This is my worse case scenario in the US.

In all reality, being able to be a "hobbiest" vapor along with organic snuff got me off dipping and I guess would be similar to people getting of cigs. Not had to use the organic snuff (for the lip feel) for several years now. I'm (close to) ready for the deeming regs to keep vaping for 20ish years if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread