Whence comes the 510?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gratefulbuddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
KC MO USA
A "510" drip tip would be one which complies to the "standard" of a 510 atomizer thus allowing you to drip into it instead of using the "cartridge" that is included. This is a very real thing. Just try to insert a 801-sized drip tip into a 510 atomizer - it will be a no-go as the 801 barrel diameter is larger than that of a 510.

edit: To add - 901 and 510 drip tips are usually interchangeable due to the similar/(maybe the same) barrel diameters of those atomizers.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
I mostly use 510 threaded atomizers, but I didn't always. I have some old 808 and 901 atomizers. I have hybrid-style atomizers with 20x1 and other threading. They all take the same drip tips. It seems really odd that I was using "510 drip tips" for months before I owned a 510 threaded atomizer.

Nonetheless, I have to agree with you that at one point in time it must have important to make a distinction between 510, 901, and 306 dripping atomizers and the drip tips that fit them. However, I feel like hardly anyone uses disposable dripping atomizers these days, let alone 901 or 306 threaded atomizers.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    The term "510 drip tip" seems to have become a thing. I despise that phrase because it's nonsensical as there is no relationship between a drip tip and 510 threading. Some people believe that if enough people use a term, even if it is incorrect, that it becomes fact (something regularly employed by the PEOTUS). I do not subscribe to this.

57 States!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread