Where can you vape and not vape at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    Depends on where you live: in the US that would be City, County, State, Country. I am not supposed to vape in a Cook County, Chicago business, but if I drive 25 miles to DuPage County to a Naperville bar, the owner may allow it.

In other countries the breakdown would be totally different.

440BB

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    The safest bet is to vape wherever smoking is allowed. In bars, it's best to ask the manager or owner if it's OK. One option is to vape in the restroom at places where vaping isn't allowed or appropriate. Some of us "stealth" vape, which involves lower power and smaller vapor plumes which you can hold a bit longer and go pretty much unnoticed.

MattyVigilante

ECF Veteran
    Jan 2, 2016
    Northamptonshire
    The UK varies, mostly pubs, bar and coffee shops are fine with it (wouldn't advise blowing huge clouds though, it tends to annoy people, especially if they are eating!)
    By and large I jugde by where I am and use my common sense, if there's a no smoking sign then I tend not to vape there. That being said there aren't any no smoking signs in the maternity ward of my local hospital and I wouldn't vape there either XD

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Definitely depends on not only what type of business or building you're in, but also lately...even the city in the US can make a difference. Was suprised when a hotel desk clerk in Seattle informed me when she saw my ecig in my hand...that I could only vape in my room, nowhere else in the hotel OR outside around Seattle at all! Said I'd be ticketed just like a smoker if I did. I found that hard to understand, especially since that was only a week or 2 after Washington had legalized recreational marijuana use.

Dlmdavid

Jan 22, 2016
    Canada
    I like to only vape where smoking is permitted, I didn't start vaping to bypass the smoking laws I started so I could quit smoking, I find when people start vaping wherever they please it just fuels the outrage of people that don't understand it and they push for more and more regulation. As much as I strongly believe it should be permitted anywhere, it's easier just to please the people so hopefully they don't try to completely ban them

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2016
    USA
    I Vape at home of course, outdoors, and otherwise I ask if I feel to Vape; is Vaping permitted here and act accordingly. And if allowed I don't blow huge clouds all over either to offend anyone. As I don't want smokers blowing smoke at me either. Generally try and be respectful of others; as I wish them to be toward me.

Reactions: eebant

vlodato

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2013
    New Jersey
    The UK varies, mostly pubs, bar and coffee shops are fine with it (wouldn't advise blowing huge clouds though, it tends to annoy people, especially if they are eating!)
    By and large I jugde by where I am and use my common sense, if there's a no smoking sign then I tend not to vape there. That being said there aren't any no smoking signs in the maternity ward of my local hospital and I wouldn't vape there either XD
    Too bad this forum is filled with people without comon sence

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

UnclePsyko

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 8, 2013
    PJNY
    Thanx, is that your 'hardware'? Long live 1911..
    Nah... I'm more of a long-gun guy. But I've been told more than once I look like Otis, hence the Avatar.
    I'm usually holding this...
    10391909_1270955488727_7199478_n.jpg

But to add to the discussion, I don't vape where is is absolutely not allowed... Hospitals, school buildings, government buildings, etc.
    But... if I can get away with it were it's questionable and likely frowned upon, I can stealth with the best of them.
    My favorite hang-outs like the local breweries/taprooms or the local coffee shops don't allow smoking, but seem indifferent about vaping. I still don't draw attention to myself if and when I do take a few puffs. I don't want to be the reason they outright ban vaping in their establishments.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread