Status
Not open for further replies.

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
In my director office,in the hallways at work (hospital) in my shop (alone,3000 square feet),in the bus to and from home,anywhere and everywhere in fact... some people at work are sadened by my vaping because they used to come in my shop to smoke :)

Not that I dont permit them to do it,they just respect the fact I dont anymore...

kickitback

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2009
NC
I treat public vaping like smoking - people who do no know/understand what vaping is will think its smoke and will draw negative attention unless I have time to explain educate others. I vape because i enjoy it not cause i need to show off I just respect others and stealth vape or wait to get back to my truck .

Dad2daBone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I pretty much just vape at home or when out doors. I'll take my last puff before walking into a store, resaurant, bar etc. Then continue once I leave. I know it's not ilegal to do so in any of those establishments, health canada stated that since there are no carsonagens then it doesn't fall under the no smoking laws. e cigs are not popular at all in ontario. Yes there are a few companies located in ontario that sell proper e cig supplies, but it's not something widely known about. You can't find them in malls, gas stations and convienience stores, and if you find one that does carry them they have 1 or 2 to choose from and good luck finding anything with nic. With saying that, most people around don't know they even exist and yer gonna get harassed by some one (guaranteed) figuring your smoking where you shouldn't and yer gonna have to explain to 50 friggin people a day on what an e cig is and why its ok that your vaping. I just save myself the hassle.

therealrock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2012
Thailand
Im living in aisa where u can smoke any where
but i get some real funny looks with my pv
i still use in bars, supermarket, mini bus. But
have had a few interesting encounters with the local
police, they seam to think that im smoking some
kind of drugs. But when in thailand the land of
smiles look dumb and smile back

siampumpkin

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2011
Im living in aisa where u can smoke any where
but i get some real funny looks with my pv
i still use in bars, supermarket, mini bus. But
have had a few interesting encounters with the local
police, they seam to think that im smoking some
kind of drugs. But when in thailand the land of
smiles look dumb and smile back

I like in Bangkok also. Never tried much public vaping due to smoking bans. Taking a vacation to Pattaya so plan to vape everywhere in public there. I guess I will see what reaction I get. :confused:

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX 4G via Tapatalk 2 Beta 2

ki77en

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Ohio
Everywhere...
That being said, I don't make it obvious in stores or anyplace where I feel I would get dirty looks... unless I feel like dealing w/ questions and/or confrontations. It's not "allowed" at my work as I found out from a former vaper who took it to HR which just made the negative reaction worse, but I still do it, stealthily most times but it really depends on who else is working.

Warren D. Lockaby

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Carolina, USA
The only public places I've vaped is a bar and at work, which I hear rumors that they're trying to stop it. Looks like they wouldn't want to since it keeps me at my desk longer. In fact I forgot to take my last break tonight because i didn't feel the need to go out to smoke an analog!

I'd probably celebrate my new-found freedom (or reclaimed freedom) to take my (once-smoke) vape breaks at my desk by doing precisely that, until someone called me on it. Then I'd say, "Okay", drop my PV in my pocket, and on my way out say, "Then please excuse me, I'm on break."

It's probably a good thing I'm retired now - I never had much use for folks trying to change the rules in the middle of the game.

Happy Vaping! :vapor:

Ladypixel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
La Verne, CA
I'm not blatant about it, but I tend to vape anywhere I want to outdoors. Indoors, it really depends on the situation... I'm unlikely to vape while sitting in a restaurant eating, for instance, because I'm already accustomed to not smoking until after the meal, so why change that? Likewise with most other indoor areas. In California, indoor public places are absolutely nonsmoking zones, most businesses don't allow smoking within 20-30 feet of their entrances, and there are whole towns now that are nonsmoking zones, so I'm already somewhat familiarized with politeness.

That said, I've also not put myself in a position where a lack of vaping would stress me out. This is partially because I don't want to find out yet if it would stress me out in the way not having a cigarette used to, and partially because I don't see the harm in hitting my PV on the fly if I feel the urge.

Fun little story: my husband was suffering from a backache recently, so while I was off amusing myself running around Disneyland, he sat down on a bench on Main Street with his laptop and was watching some shows he had been meaning to get around to watching. A couple times, he visited his PV. One of those times, a Disney cast member happened to be walking by, noticed him at it, slid over, and quietly recommended he exhale into his coffee cup so that it looked like he was just blowing steam (which, in truth, was all that he was doing), and so he wouldn't get any dirty looks. It's incredibly effective, and I get the feeling that if they've become pretty accepting of polite vaping, most other places will in time, too. :)

Sure, there's going to be some places that disallow it... but if you're respectful of others, it doesn't seem to be a problem. ;)

Slim Batz

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
For me, the best is that I can vape in hotel rooms ... no more trudging down to stand outside in the cold over and over again. Of course, I would only vape non-Tobacco liquids in a hotel ... if the staff catch a whiff of anything tobacco like as they pass by you could be in for a surprise when you get the bill.

Anywhere children are not present.

If I am studying at a Starbucks or a Barnes & Noble (with friends or by myself), I'll vape there but try to be discrete about it. At one Starbucks I was told that it was not allowed, so I stopped going there.

At my schools library. Though never in class (I'd go to a restroom and in one of my classes, to the empty classroom next door).

Probably should show more restraint but forget it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread