where have u vaped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren D. Lockaby

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Carolina, USA
A pretty good rule of thumb seems to be, if you look like you're up to something, you probably are. I learned this years ago via the "open container" fiasco - in my case it was a beer can. Ten people in ten different cars can pull up to a stop light sipping a beer in front of the same cop, notice the cop, calmly lower the can as if they hadn't noticed the cop, and go on about their business unnoticed *by* the cop. But let *one* paranoid kid see the cop, panic and jerk the can down fast and that kid will be noticed! (The same applies to everything else as well: if you look guilty, you are; the only question is, of what?)

These days I just do whatever I'm going to do as if I were supposed to be doing it. Usually I am, but even if I'm not I'm careful to be sure nobody else is endangered by my actions. For most of us I figure if we don't stir anything up nothing much gets stirred up, and since I've been living like that my life has been right peaceful.

vape Peacefully & Prosper! :toast:

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
I vape while waiting for my doctors appointments - I generally try to wait until I'm shown into an exam room or his office since the waiting room for the specialty group is always packed, and I don't want to rock the boat, but I'll take a quick trip to the restroom if the wait is over an hour (it usually is!).

I've also stealth vaped in pre-op while waiting to be wheeled in to the OR :p

Sent using Tapatalk
"Being happy doesn't mean things are perfect. It means you've decided to look past the imperfections." ~ anon

Richkellett888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2012
Santa Fe Springs, Ca
I vape EVERYWHERE! Store,movies,restaraunts,the mall,I even vaped on rides at six flags magic mountain... sometimes stealth sometimes like I own the place. I even vape at work on movie/tv/commercial sets. people dont smell cigs so they are none the wiser. I get a few looks here and there and a few questions. If I have time I explain what it is.
Vape on my friends!

Richkellett888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2012
Santa Fe Springs, Ca
Plus the nonsmoking rooms smell and are so much better than the smoking rooms!
For me, the best is that I can vape in hotel rooms ... no more trudging down to stand outside in the cold over and over again. Of course, I would only vape non-Tobacco liquids in a hotel ... if the staff catch a whiff of anything tobacco like as they pass by you could be in for a surprise when you get the bill.

TigerLadyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
Garland, TX
Let's see....
So far I have vaped openly in Baylor Hospital on Lemmon Ave. in Dallas in the surgical waiting room while my best friend was there having knee replacement surgery. I did the same in her room several times once she was ensconced in it, By then, both she and her daughter were doing it, too - and no one ever said 'boo' to us. One nurse asked for info and I gave her a lot of links, including one to here.

I have vaped openly in several eateries that have smoking sections - as I sat in the smoking sections to eat. I vape in my home, my car, and any friend, or family member's home or car I may happen to be in.

I have discreetly vaped in Kroger, Walmart, Walgreens, and Fry's. I have stealth vaped at the movie theater, (while watching War Horse), at several eateries, (at the table), that do not allow smoking indoors, or within 50ft of the front door, and at the Dallas County Tax Office.

Outdoors, I openly vape anywhere that I choose.

~Tiger

jdrewry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2011
New Jersey
Not in some areas in NJ. I think we're the only state lucky enough to have that policy.:nah:

Funny thing with NJ, though. As a lifelong resident, I've seen people talking on cells while driving (against the law, right?); so I don't even think twice about vaping where I used to normally smoke at--be it public or private areas. I just don't go out of my way to draw attention to the fact that I'm vaping, not smoking.

ambition

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2012
Australia
Funny thing with NJ, though. As a lifelong resident, I've seen people talking on cells while driving (against the law, right?); so I don't even think twice about vaping where I used to normally smoke at--be it public or private areas. I just don't go out of my way to draw attention to the fact that I'm vaping, not smoking.

I think that's the best way. Vape where you want but don't draw unneeded attention or be a ......... about it.

Oriana871

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
Toronto
I pretty much just vape at home or when out doors. I'll take my last puff before walking into a store, resaurant, bar etc. Then continue once I leave. I know it's not ilegal to do so in any of those establishments, health canada stated that since there are no carsonagens then it doesn't fall under the no smoking laws. e cigs are not popular at all in ontario. Yes there are a few companies located in ontario that sell proper e cig supplies, but it's not something widely known about. You can't find them in malls, gas stations and convienience stores, and if you find one that does carry them they have 1 or 2 to choose from and good luck finding anything with nic. With saying that, most people around don't know they even exist and yer gonna get harassed by some one (guaranteed) figuring your smoking where you shouldn't and yer gonna have to explain to 50 friggin people a day on what an e cig is and why its ok that your vaping. I just save myself the hassle.

Not sure where you are in Ontario but in downtown T.O. so far I have vaped in two restaurants and a bar (just started vaping on Friday). Have a small Volt ecig which is great for stealth vaping - no one notices anything! I asked at one restaurant, they weren't busy and said sure, go ahead. I blew the vape right beside the servers face and they couldn't smell a thing, even though it was tobacco flavoured juice. Hung out over the weekend with various non-smoking friends, vaped the whole time, no one had any issue and said they couldn't smell anything. I'm sure some juices may have stronger aromas but haven't received my orders yet for other juices.

Who cares what people think is my motto, as long as I'm not bothering anyone and I will always ask first which is just common courtesy. Stealth vaping is pretty easy :)

Last edited:

DangYankee

Jan 5, 2012
Louisiana
I've vaped in lots of places where I wouldn't even think to smoke an analog. I have vaped in meetings at work. I have even vaped in a hospital room. I've vaped in airports, but not on a plane except in the bathroom.

About the only place I strictly avoid it is in church. Not a good idea there.

The only time anyone has ever said anything was in a liquor store one time. I explained to the person at the counter that it wasn't a cigarette, but if she preferred me not to use it I'd wait until I went back outside.

I have always used 100% PG, so it doesn't produce much smoke, and was smoking KR808's, black carto with black or silver batt and blue LED. So mine is pretty inconspicuous.

mactrekr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2010
Tombstone, Arizona
I've vaped on airplanes... (Had a great conversation with 3 flight attendants on a SouthWest flight once before they banned them). Mostly on airplanes I'll stealth vape, but everywhere else, I vape away. I've sat in a restaurant and vaped while conversing after a meal. I vape in my office all the time (I have my own office), I'll vape just about anywhere. I have actually had the opportunity to proselytize to several people who have asked about my.... device. I've never been a jerk about it, but I've also never been asked not to. My favorite is wandering through Walmart or Target and vaping. The looks are priceless.

sebt

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2012
Budapest, Hungary
I've vaped in bars, in clubs, in restaurants. During a theatre performance (which, ironically enough, sent forth clouds of "dry ice" moments after I'd been vaping!). In aiports. On planes and trains.

My PV isn't exactly inconspicuous. But no-one seems to mind. When in a place where people might object, I just hold the vapour in long enough so that when I exhale there's hardly anything to be seen.

SamCarter

Jan 1, 2012
PA
For me, the best is that I can vape in hotel rooms ... no more trudging down to stand outside in the cold over and over again. Of course, I would only vape non-Tobacco liquids in a hotel ... if the staff catch a whiff of anything tobacco like as they pass by you could be in for a surprise when you get the bill.

This makes me worried - my sense of smell is terrible (still smoking analogs here and there) so I don't know if you could detect a tobacco smell from cherry/strawberry e-liquid. I have a trip coming up and I was looking forward to not having to leave the hotel room constantly. But if it's that noticeable from the smell please warn me!

gumchewer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
south Jersey-in the woods
I can sometimes pick up a cherry like smell from another vapor in my office, not unpleasant but detectable. I had one person tell me they can smell a "aroma of antifreeze" when I vape in the office. also not unpleasant.
The guy that smelled the anti freeze was a smoker.
I don't believe it would mess up a hotel room. Just take an airwick or a scented candle for when you are hanging out in the room, or spritz some air freshener inthe morning if you worry about it.

Ladypixel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
La Verne, CA
My husband vaped tobacco flavors recently at a hotel where the entire premises were non-smoking. (Not even outside the rooms. Total smoke-free zone.) Nobody batted an eye, we didn't have any complaints. Of course, the fact that I was vaping cheesecake might've covered up part of it... but the smell dissipates so quickly that unless you're chain-vaping, puffing as if it were a cigar, and the vapor was just hanging in the air for hours on end, I sincerely doubt you'll have a problem.

Slim Batz

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
There was a story on the forum awhile back where a woman was using a tobacco vape in her hotel room and some hotel staff member smelled it in the hallway outside the room ... nothing was said at the time, but at checkout she was presented with a $250 additional charge ... which is part of the fine print on the room agreement on smoking in non-smoking rooms. Hotel was not interested in her explaination and would not reverse the charge ... your mileage may vary, but to me it just wouldn't be worth the potential hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread