where have u vaped

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicSound

Mar 9, 2012
Bay City MI
Pharmacies, restaurants, gov. Buildings(military), Walmart, barber shop. That's a few and I just started a week ago ;)

Jared

i was wondering about the military application, ( being a former active duty marine ) my unit would have flipped hahaha

as for me, everywhere ive asked they have said no, and it was in restaurants and 2 bars, i don't get out much, but you would think bars would have some sort of education about the situation. restaurants i can understand somewhat, but bars? like Larry The Cable Guy says " we didn't come here to talk about Jesus and eat celery sticks " lol

Ramathorn937

Jan 29, 2012
Ohio, USA
Do you really NEED to vape in public places? I mean, can you go for an hour without "having" to have a drag on something? Really? A little self discipline goes a long way.

This is exactly how i feel about vaping in public. I guess it comes naturally to me though, because i'm only 24, and for the 8 years that i smoked, you weren't allowed to smoke in restaurants or businesses. So, i guess 8 years of practice and self discipline to not smoke in those places, has led to me not really vaping in those places either. It's not necessarily that i'm uncomfortable vaping in public, it's just that i don't see the need. Seems like vaping in public would be kinda rebellious at this point, and i'm not all that much of a rebellious person.

Wolf308

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2012
NC
www.into-the-fog.com
Haven't been vaping long, but so far... I vape at work. My boss is OK with it, and I'm in retail sales. I caught myself tonight vaping in the gym locker room (it's on a campus with signs everywhere completely banning all tobacco products on the entire campus, inside and out). Walmart, BJs, Harris Teeter. My mom gets really upset with me. LOL!

The other day I was vaping while jogging. LOL! That turned a few heads. LOL!

Deblym

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2012
Sask
I was in the er today to see my brother, who is a heavy smoker (he was there for something unrelated) and while he, his wife (also a smoker) and I were sitting there waiting, I pulled out my pv and gave them a little demonstration lol. My sis in law had heard of them but had never seen one in action...her surprised look when I blew the vapor out was priceless LOL.

hulsey76

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2012
Jacksonville, Alabama
Do you really NEED to vape in public places? I mean, can you go for an hour without "having" to have a drag on something? Really? A little self discipline goes a long way. What will serve the vaping community and the acceptance is for people to have a little class and fortitude to view thier way of life in consideration of others.
First, I was like :?: then :ohmy:, and after a while, I felt like :glare: so I read it again and again, and finally settled on :mad:
Sorry dude, but.....grrrrrrrr. I AM having having a little class and considering others. My vapor harms NO ONE, unlike my smoke once did. It's MY business. Anyone who has an issue with me doing something that has NO effect on them or their health is the kind of person who NEEDS to be offended, repeatedly, on an hourly basis until they are in a ball crying and begging forgiveness from the civilized world for their "me" complex.

ambition

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2012
Australia
First, I was like :?: then :ohmy:, and after a while, I felt like :glare: so I read it again and again, and finally settled on :mad:
Sorry dude, but.....grrrrrrrr. I AM having having a little class and considering others. My vapor harms NO ONE, unlike my smoke once did. It's MY business. Anyone who has an issue with me doing something that has NO effect on them or their health is the kind of person who NEEDS to be offended, repeatedly, on an hourly basis until they are in a ball crying and begging forgiveness from the civilized world for their "me" complex.

And THAT is what will help get ecigs banned.
You'll attract more bees with honey than you ever will forcing your "habit" onto others regardless of their feelings.

In my experience, people don't like to be educated against their will, and standing there telling them "but it's not smoke, it's vapor!" once they're already offended is useless.

They've already formed an opinion of vaping based not on the facts, but on the inconsiderate vaper that is now telling them what to feel.

Logic can be flawed but but a person's feelings are never wrong....to them, and trying to overcome them with logic is futile.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oriana871

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
Toronto

I'm somewhere in the middle of both of you. Even if it doesn't harm or potentially have any effect on other people, it's the "concept" that needs to be curtailed in some situations. It's not vaping that is the problem, it's smoking. Because of the social stigma attributed to smoking, it does bother people and those managing public places on a psychological level. If I vape in an enclosed public space I do it very discretely and lightly. Some bars don't count :). JMHO.

Afterthought: Blowing willows of vape around is like blowing smoke in the face of authorities and anti-smokers. No matter how harmless, some people just won't get it. If we don't want it to be banned outright than some discretion is necessary.

Last edited:

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
Orlana you have a point. I blew vape in my mothers direction in the car yesterday, because i wanted her to smell the dessert flavor i had, it was soo nice]. Her immediate reaction was shocking,' lol., i thought she was going to jab me with her elbow. and the look on her face, only lasted a split second, before she remembered it wasnt smoke. And that was only because I had educated her to death with what vaping is and ecigs for the past year.

Its hard to just sit back and wait for the rest of the world to know and understand, what we already do.

Meems

JungleAgent007

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2011
York, PA
I vape almost everywhere I go. I have been told plenty of times "you can't smoke in here" but only 1 place ever said I couldn't vape after showing them what it was. That was a bar at Universal Orlando.

I do show some courtesy though. I don't vape in the main cabin of a plane (bathrooms are another story). I don't vape in fancy restaurants (though chains, diners and fast food are fair game). I don't vape around small children.

hulsey76

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2012
Jacksonville, Alabama
  • Deleted by johnnymaestro

hulsey76

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2012
Jacksonville, Alabama
some discretion is necessary.

I never implied a lack of discretion. I'm not saying walk up to people and shove your PV in their mouths and blow vapor in their face and demand acceptance. At the same time, don't expect me to hide in shame as if I'm doing something wrong. Like I said before, if someone sees me vaping and wants to know what I'm doing I'll kindly educate them. But if they just want to get ....-hurt about it, I'll oblige them that too.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
And THAT is what will help get ecigs banned.
You'll attract more bees with honey than you ever will forcing your "habit" onto others regardless of their feelings.

In my experience, people don't like to be educated against their will, and standing there telling them "but it's not smoke, it's vapor!" once they're already offended is useless.

They've already formed an opinion of vaping based not on the facts, but on the inconsiderate vaper that is now telling them what to feel.

Logic can be flawed but but a person's feelings are never wrong....to them, and trying to overcome them with logic is futile.

So what's your solution. Do we just hide in a corner and let them continue to think vapor is smoke because we're afraid that the might be exposed to vapor and be offended by the truth? Should we just hang around and wait for the FDA to convince them? What good does that do?

If they are exposed to a real live vaper and they refuse to listen to reason and their minds are made up and they've already formed an opinion not based on fact, then what's the loss? If they already have an ill opinion of vaping, an inconsiderate vaper isn't going to change it one way or the other, and nobody is saying to be inconsiderate anyway.

Sorry, but the whole scenario you're painting makes no sense. If they're offended because they think it's smoke then what do you do? Do you just let them continue to think it's smoke? They're going to be offended one way or the other. At least if you try to explain that it isn't smoke, you have a fighting chance.

You've describe a picture where someone has all these strong feelings and it's futile to try to do anything to change them. So, we are supposed to hide in a corner and hope they miraculously have an epiphany and change their minds? Based on what? All those "considerate" vapers hanging around in the smoking area? Either those people are going to be exposed to the truth or they're going to be supporting the next vaping ban. If they won't hear the truth, then they just won't. We haven't lost a thing in trying.

I hate to make this comparison, but that is the exact same argument that was made when they de-segregated the armed forces and later the schools and, more recently, when they allowed gays to openly serve n the military. People are emotional. You can't change feelings. They'll dig in their heels. You can't force it. They don't want their feelings challenged. You can't educate them against their will. Same old same old.

It was a bogus argument then and it's a bogus argument now.

Last edited:

Oriana871

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
Toronto
I never implied a lack of discretion. I'm not saying walk up to people and shove your PV in their mouths and blow vapor in their face and demand acceptance. At the same time, don't expect me to hide in shame as if I'm doing something wrong. Like I said before, if someone sees me vaping and wants to know what I'm doing I'll kindly educate them. But if they just want to get ....-hurt about it, I'll oblige them that too.

Well I didn't imply that you were blowing vaper in people's faces - I was saying it could be perceived as that by those who are very anti-smoking as well as certain authority figures. In other words, it could be taken as a FU, rebellious act. Not that that's what you're doing, just the way it could be perceived.

Like I said, I'm somewhere in the middle. I wouldn't go so far as to refrain from vaping in public, neither would I vape wherever the F I wanted to. It's nothing to do with shame. And I agree, if someone wants to have a hissing fit then let them. I would understand to a point, some people are vehemently against smoking and will overreact - that's not our problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread