Where in the world do you find one of those pincher tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MD_Boater

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Maryland Chesapeake Bay
You mean these? They are called the "jaws of life". Might be overkill for rebuilding a coil, but they will get you into that B&M around the corner that won't open for you...

13U675_AS01.jpg

What about the ones that stay closed and you squeeze to open them? They are just a little bigger than normal tweezers and about twice as long. Surgical stainless. Those are the best ones but I don't know what they are called. I believe they are a medical tool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Dentists also use them--a hygienist friend of mine gave me a pair of locking tweezers that's capable of holding small things without crushing or twisting them.

I haven't used them for coil building yet, I find a pair of needle nosed pliers to be entirely sufficient and easy to use, but now that I think of it they'd be good for torching wire.

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
FL 510 (Over The Top Baby)
Actually it's a malfunctioning Joye Twist clone that should have been disposed of a long time ago. With it getting warm just trying to run a regular CE5 there's no telling what the actual voltage output is.

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
FL 510 (Over The Top Baby)
You mean these? They are called the "jaws of life". Might be overkill for rebuilding a coil, but they will get you into that B&M around the corner that won't open for you...

View attachment 291755
Those might just be what one person needs. He's already swore off the one B&M in his town and the second one has never opened (there's no way it has anything to do with the fear of the owners opening up so close to someone who calls them non-stop trying to become a vaping expert while never spending a penny with them yet occupying their staff for hours).

steel bender

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Sturgeon Bay, WI, USA
All the tools listed here require too much elbow grease.

This baby will do all the work for you. I'll bet you could fit a 500 wind coil in your atty and be the envy of all and you wont even need a torch.

View attachment 291529

No no no, he should just come to where I work. I could pinch your coil with the 24' wide 1,000 ton press I run.

accell-523512-straight-sht-foll.jpg

Last edited:

TheJakeBailey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Austin,TX, USA
Actually it's a malfunctioning Joye Twist clone that should have been disposed of a long time ago. With it getting warm just trying to run a regular CE5 there's no telling what the actual voltage output is.

Let's keep this factual. It's a malfunctioning Vision Spinner, that should have been disposed of a longtime ago. As GN has scientifically stated MANY times. For you to suggest otherwise is malarkey. Either that, or you are vendor scum trying to sell malfunctioning Joye Twist clones, and using GN's good name and reputation to do it. His fans know the truth, and won't tolerate this. prepare to be reported.

TheJakeBailey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Austin,TX, USA
So to put a positive spin on all of this mess... (not this thread in particular, but the complete unabridged saga) I decided i too would try my hand at an rda. Now I am by no means cheating on my perfectly working cartos and Ibtanked(s), but I wanted to try something different, and picked up a slightly overpriced Scar at my B&M of choice over the weekend. I'm really liking it! Just using it how it was set up put of the package, but it seems to be working well, and I'm enjoying it!

So using some of the links and information provided to, and ignored by GN, I've ordered some rebuilding materials and an Igo L, and we'll see what happens!

Lemonade from Lemons kids. All of your suggestion haven't completely fallen on deaf ears, they just haven't opened the ears they were intended for!

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
So to put a positive spin on all of this mess... (not this thread in particular, but the complete unabridged saga) I decided i too would try my hand at an RDA. Now I am by no means cheating on my perfectly working cartos and Ibtanked(s), but I wanted to try something different, and picked up a slightly overpriced Scar at my B&M of choice over the weekend. I'm really liking it! Just using it how it was set up put of the package, but it seems to be working well, and I'm enjoying it!So using some of the links and information provided to, and ignored by GN, I've ordered some rebuilding materials and an Igo L, and we'll see what happens! Lemonade from Lemons kids. All of your suggestion haven't completely fallen on deaf ears, they just haven't opened the ears they were intended for!
But that's impossible?! I thought there was no way any one man could obtain both an RDA, wicking materials and coil wire within one and the same lifetime?!

Portertown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Greenville, NC, USA
I made the wick using two inches of cotton and when i put 1 or 2 drops on it i get a burnt taste.

Thrasher,
As you live down in Fla, you could slide over to the surf and catch him one of those big crabs. He would then have two of them strong "pincher" tools to use. It is always good to have a spare.

Wickeddeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
JBLM
so i have never been able to bring myself to read more than a few sentences from any GN post, however I can spend hours going through some good threads... the Post pictures of your working wick and coil setup mainly filled by xobeloot and pdib, and others... its entertaining, and informative, this... well is mostly entertaining you guys, not him...

rebuilding really is simple, hell everything related to this hobby is simple, it just requires a small amount of studying first... and hell if not, as long as you stick to the side of caution... trial and error...

So to put a positive spin on all of this mess... (not this thread in particular, but the complete unabridged saga) I decided i too would try my hand at an RDA. Now I am by no means cheating on my perfectly working cartos and Ibtanked(s), but I wanted to try something different, and picked up a slightly overpriced Scar at my B&M of choice over the weekend. I'm really liking it! Just using it how it was set up put of the package, but it seems to be working well, and I'm enjoying it!

So using some of the links and information provided to, and ignored by GN, I've ordered some rebuilding materials and an Igo L, and we'll see what happens!

Lemonade from Lemons kids. All of your suggestion haven't completely fallen on deaf ears, they just haven't opened the ears they were intended for!

Ditto. Or kind of. All of this got me interested in rebuilding my Kanger T3 heads. I really don't care for the flavor of cotton, which I had tried before, so I did choose silica.

But hey. Some torched 32 gauge Kanthal A1 later, I have a pile of functional rebuilt heads that actually work better than the factory original. I just tested one to destruction (actually, until the flavor went kind of nasty) and it works great.

Wickeddeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
JBLM
Ditto. Or kind of. All of this got me interested in rebuilding my Kanger T3 heads. I really don't care for the flavor of cotton, which I had tried before, so I did choose silica.

But hey. Some torched 32 gauge Kanthal A1 later, I have a pile of functional rebuilt heads that actually work better than the factory original. I just tested one to destruction (actually, until the flavor went kind of nasty) and it works great.

i have loved all of my own rebuilt kanger heads, i have found i prefer the cotton, but instead of arguing with you, i will leave it at to each their own...

funny story to why i ended up switching to cotton though... i was having (still do) trouble wrapping around the silica... going to try a thin needle behind the silica next time (my wife doesnt want to mess with cotton, there is one cotton coil waiting for her but she hasnt used it) my kanger rebuild of choice is the bsd vertical coil... running a vertical micro coil at 1/16th with cotton wrapped around it...

i have loved all of my own rebuilt kanger heads, i have found i prefer the cotton, but instead of arguing with you, i will leave it at to each their own...

Clearly you're working for Big Cotton.

:)

It's personal preference. Even thoroughly cleaned cotton has an unusual flavor to me. Silica tastes like nothing. Everybody's mileage varies.

funny story to why i ended up switching to cotton though... i was having (still do) trouble wrapping around the silica... going to try a thin needle behind the silica next time (my wife doesnt want to mess with cotton, there is one cotton coil waiting for her but she hasnt used it) my kanger rebuild of choice is the bsd vertical coil... running a vertical micro coil at 1/16th with cotton wrapped around it...

I stick a sewing pin through the silica to stiffen it and increase the diameter. Once you wrap and pull the pin, the wires loosen a little bit to leave some room for liquid expansion.

T3s are neither particularly large nor particularly small as these things go, so I can get a 6/5 wrap of 32 gauge Kanthal A1 in there for around 2.2 ohms or so. Occasionally I miscount and end up with a 5/4 and 1.8 ohms. As measured on my meter, or another thing the OP should purchase for $10 from Harbor Freight or something. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread