Where to buy? Direct? Ebay? help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

equazcion

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2008
New York City, USA
I'm a little lost. Here's my story.

I just had my first e-smoking experience today at the mall, one of those "Smoking Everywhere" kiosks. I was amazed and nearly plopped down $150 right there, but luckily went home and did some research first.

I've been reading through this forum for about an hour now, and am beginning to develop some basic understanding. One thing I can't figure out though is where you people are buying all this stuff from.

From the various reviews and polls, I've got a pretty good idea that I'm looking for either an M401 or a "Screwdriver", as they're consistently mentioned in glowing terms.

• My first question is really, what is a screwdriver? Is there a manufacturer name I can search for? When I put "screwdriver e cigarette" into an ebay search, mostly the "Health" brand pops up, and no mention of the word "screwdriver" in those results.

• Where do you all go to buy your supplies? Wheres the best place to get a starter kit?

• Is it generally best to buy directly from the manufacturer? The "Supplier List" seems to only (or mainly) list manufacturers rather than resellers. Are there resellers instead, that sell a wide variety of these products?

• The only such reseller I saw mentioned was electroniccigarettesales, in a beginner tutorial video. Are there any stores that inspire a bit more confidence than that, or are e-cigarettes such a new thing that all the websites selling them look as bad as that so far?

• And finally, how much do you use eBay for stuff like this? Is that where everyone goes to buy this stuff?

Okay, kind of a mouthful there, but I'm going slightly insane. I'm really eager to get started with this and I want to order a starter package, like, yesterday. I just a little direction. Thank you ever so much. :)

PS. If it helps, my smoking habit is generally about 5-8 Marlboro Light ciggs a day. I'm in New York City, USA. It's the dead of winter and I'm currently trekking outside whenever I need a cigarette. It would be great to be able to stay indoors with some vapor instead. I'd appreciate any and all recommendations. Thanks again! :)

Bond_ James Bond

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2008
USA
Hi and welcome :)
I had very good experience with:
puresmoker.com . got there the dse 901 great device very reliable
litecigusa.com sells the 401, I don't have it. it is smaller then the 901.
Jantyusa.com great products, unbeatable warranty and costumer service. the kissbox classic is fantastic. I have it.
The screwdrivr is the most "heavy duty" one .it uses the 901 atomizer with 8 times stronger long lasting battary (betwin charging)
and low cost of running (regular 901 batterys dont last long ) it. I cannot imagine someone not converting from tobacco to electronic with this thing. I have it also.
- The ScrewDriver - An electronic cigarette that simply works

Last edited:

Taelon

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2008
DE-Germany
Without such references I would test sellers first on ebay under paypal buyer protection before using their own shopsites (especially if they don't have a valid DNS-registration which provides sellers biz or private address on whois command (Linux) and/or valid SSL website-security certificates)... this has worked ok for me.

Bond_ James Bond

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2008
USA
Without such references I would test sellers first on ebay under paypal buyer protection before using their own shopsites (especially if they don't have a valid DNS-registration which provides sellers biz or private address on whois command (Linux) and/or valid SSL website-security certificates)... this has worked ok for me.
Not to worry ,
Those who were mentioned here are supremely reliable.

equazcion

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2008
New York City, USA
Thanks for the info everyone --

Litecig seems to be all out of the M401. Any other good places that sell it?

The site you guys link to for the screwdriver seems to just be a forum run by a guy who sells on ebay. He's a bit outside my price range -- about $150. I was hoping to spend around the $50 area. Same goes for the Janty. Does anyone else sell the screwdriver or is he it?

I'm a bit frustrated, as it's really hard to compare all the different products. There's really no telling how good each item is. The specs posted at these sites are extremely limited. Just knowing each product's battery capacity would be a huge help.

It seems like the only way to really tell is to experiment, which makes me nervous since this stuff isn't cheap. I'm counting on having to get another soon after my first attempt, especially since everyone here seems to use a variety of products rather than just one.

Thanks again everyone!

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
You can get the M401 here, direct from the manufacturer if you want...

Welcome to Absolutely eCigs! Buy e-Cigarettes/ Electronic Cigarettes Online Direct from Manufacturer! - Home

They also carry the M201 and M402. Their price is cheaper. You might want to take advantage of the flat fee shipping to order more supplies. This will save you quite a bit but you must be prepared to wait a little. I got my first order in exactly 7 days but it might take a little longer towards the holiday season as many have commented around here.

Hope this helps.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
equaz,

As a general rule, the smaller the device, the more times you have to fill the cartridges and swap the batteries.

The peewee looks most like a cigarette but it is small....but some people like that, especially if they are not very heavy smokers.

The mini cigarette (also called the DSE901 or 901) is bigger but instead of a round cigarette like mouthpiece, it is more shaped like a whistle (that's what others call it anyway).

The penstyle, or 801, is the biggest of the 3. It is longer and has a mouthpiece like the 901. Because it is bigger, it has a bigger cartridge and longer battery life than the other 2 above. Some people prefer this size....while others prefer the smaller 901. That's all up to you.

You can go to www.puresmoker.com and see all three of them....maybe watch the video there. Of course, this is just one suggestion.....but it may be a place to start.

Good luck!

Lu

TxTrouble

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Near Dallas, Texas
  • Where do you all go to buy your supplies? Wheres the best place to get a starter kit?

Hi and welcome. :)

I would say the best place/person to buy is www.thesmokelessshop.com. I purchased the 901 deluxe kit. I feel its a really good deal. Then I dealt with KatyS. She has EXCELLENT customer service, and extremely fast shipping. She even charges the batteries for you. So, once you get your kit you get to start vapping immediately. My atomizer died 29 days later and she has put one in the mail with a self addressed stamped envelope for me to return the dead one.

I did buy the Johnsons Creek sample liquid. I wanted to get a taste of several different flavors. I felt it was a pretty good deal because you wont be stuck with a big bottle of stuff you dont like.

I hope that helps. Good Luck and Happy Vapping.
D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread