• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Where to buy Glycerin (VG) in Klang Valley?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacktan12

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Malaysia
tried googling for it and i found theres a shop (Bake and Yen) in Puchong with phone number,

however when i tried calling "nombor yg anda panggil ....bla bla bla"

anyone can confirm if the shop available in puchong?

and i am desperately looking for lorann oils...anyone know where to get it here?

You may want to avoid the Lorann oils....I mean the flavorings with oil in it......I'm sure you don't want to get a load of oil in your lungs.

mafig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2011
malaysia
I've got a few bottles of PG which I really like, but would love to thicken it up a bit with some VG and get better vapor while thinning out the nicotine level. Anybody know of any places in Klang Valley to buy bottles of food grade vegetable glycerine?

how much VG U want?...i give U,FOC..just email me yr address..regards mafig

You may want to avoid the Lorann oils....I mean the flavorings with oil in it......I'm sure you don't want to get a load of oil in your lungs.

ok, good thinking. well, i thought about that too but since i also consume oils from my daily foods, i thought, heck why not...but you got a point there mate.

hence, what do you recommend for DIY purposes...? am a wee bit skeptical to use "perisa cap bintang" for my own blend.

mahfudz_mn

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
tried googling for it and i found theres a shop (Bake and Yen) in Puchong with phone number,

however when i tried calling "nombor yg anda panggil ....bla bla bla"

anyone can confirm if the shop available in puchong?

and i am desperately looking for lorann oils...anyone know where to get it here?

Bake with Yen Puchong is there. Near to Giant Bandar Puteri Puchong or something, opposite the main road of Tesco. If you're in Seri Petaling, there is also a cake shop same row with KK 24hr store in Seri Petaling.

jacktan12

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Malaysia
ok, good thinking. well, i thought about that too but since i also consume oils from my daily foods, i thought, heck why not...but you got a point there mate.

hence, what do you recommend for DIY purposes...? am a wee bit skeptical to use "perisa cap bintang" for my own blend.

Make sure it's USP grade (in other words, food grade) and it's not oil based. Oil sucked into the lungs is something that MUST BE AVOIDED. This can cause a lot of health problems. There are some flavors that are specifically designed for e-cigs, which are PG or VG based. These are preferred, as you know that it's right for mixing juice. You can't be absolutely sure with other types of flavors like Lorann. Check out china online retailers like healthcabin.net for their selection of flavors at

Flavour : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail--

mafig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2011
malaysia
hi jack..Pharmacy is the best place to get the right VG(they understand the chemical compound as in drug)..staff or owner will assist U to get yr order,VG is not prohibited product nor the syringes & needles..i dont hide the facts i needed it for my e-cig & accessory..it helps yr cause if U deal with the pharmacy be4..as future purchases of any items from the pharmacy,i would buy from..if the pharmacy dont or cannot be bother with yr request..i will definately boycott the shop..regards mafig ps i paid 15rm for 500ml of VG..if U order this from China..the postage easily will be US$15,i checked..now i am trying to source for mint or spearmint flavour(water or alcohol based) locally..any1 knows where i can find it?

mahfudz_mn

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
hi jack..Pharmacy is the best place to get the right VG(they understand the chemical compound as in drug)..staff or owner will assist U to get yr order,VG is not prohibited product nor the syringes & needles..i dont hide the facts i needed it for my e-cig & accessory..it helps yr cause if U deal with the pharmacy be4..as future purchases of any items from the pharmacy,i would buy from..if the pharmacy dont or cannot be bother with yr request..i will definately boycott the shop..regards mafig ps i paid 15rm for 500ml of VG..if U order this from China..the postage easily will be US$15,i checked..now i am trying to source for mint or spearmint flavour(water or alcohol based) locally..any1 knows where i can find it?

Cake shops sells them RM9 per kg, that's just under a liter I'm sure, glycerin is heavier than water. You're in Penang eh Mafig? Try find a cake shop somewhere, there has to be one who knows they have suitable flavorings as well. Even Sri Petaling has one hehe

mahfudz_mn

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I don't know if it's just me but I got myself glycerin from a nearby cake shop but it didnt mix well with vape juice... It just didn't click... So be careful guys. might wanna test on a small amount first before mixing a lot of them... :(

The one I got from Bake with Yen doesn't mix readily, you have to shake the bottle for about 30 secs but it has never 'not mix well'. I've used them to dilute it before but it was just like 10 drops glycerin per 10ml 16mg liquid to soften them a bit. I've tried it at higher dilution rate before (20-30 drops per 10ml) but I find that it doesn't take much of em to affect the flavor. A bit of glycerin goes a long way to affect the flavor strength...I don't have any experience of mixing my own so I can't say anything on that...

If anyone wants small sample from bake with yen I still have the smaller bottles. Just send me a pm. I'm around Sri Petaling area.

mafig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2011
malaysia
Cake shops sells them RM9 per kg, that's just under a liter I'm sure, glycerin is heavier than water. You're in Penang eh Mafig? Try find a cake shop somewhere, there has to be one who knows they have suitable flavorings as well. Even Sri Petaling has one hehe

yes i am from Pg..i checked with local cake shops..all the flavors but not mint..i also checked with soap maker shop..they only sell soap not the ingredient..even tried shops that sells home-made perfume..they also decline to sell the raw ingredient(mostly oil base)..tesco has food flavoring but mostly oil base & additives added..i am looking for pure mint/menthol/spearmint in water base or alcohol base flavors..its ok will get from healthcabin..they sells flavors in small quantity(30ml to 110 ml) if i fail to find it,locally..thanks for yr reference..regards mafig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread