Status
Not open for further replies.

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
Well if the problem is handling of pure nicotine, then ask the lab it they can make a special formula, 36% nicotine 64% PG.

If you're looking to replicate our commercial 36mg liquid that way, it would be 3.6% nicotine, 96.4% PG (although our liquid usually has 90% or less PG, because it has a little water, etc).

I STRONGLY recommend you not peruse your current course in acquiring nicotine without AT LEAST a little research. Let's say for example, you got that 98% nicotine mentioned earlier, you followed the standard of 1mg/ml, and then vaped it.

I'd say chances are you'd be dead soon.

The actually strengths listed on e-juice a deceiving, they are actually weaker then what is listed. I'm not going to provide more then that at the moment as I do not wish to encourage your actions. I have actually been working on several recipes of unique flavors. Originally I was planning on marketing E-juice in 30 flavors, with various STRs of nicotine. It appears now I will continue with R&D only should all our fears come to life, preparing a longer list of flavors, and making my own nic juice. I am manufacturing here in the states, I just will not be able to market a product as expected.

If you end up killing yourself, or worse, others AND yourself, you will be bringing the ecig ignorant's fears to life. So please, keep all this in mind.

Yet another account of how dangerous this stuff can be to work with. As stated, you simply can't buy nicotine alkaloid. Besides being dangerous, I don't think it could be cost-effective to attempt to extract it either when compared to currently available prepared smoking liquids. My conclusion is that, in the full sense of the concept, there is never going to be an acceptable method to make the liquid at home in a form that is compatible with vaporizing devices. Apparently, the only real possible antidote to accidental poisoning is not readily available outside of the labs at Phillip Morris.

Strange Death From Liquid Nicotine [06/07-2]
EXCERPTS FROM:Why did a Philip Morris scientist kill herself by drinking nicotine?
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]By Dan Zegart[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]June 6, 2000 | [/FONT][FONT=times new roman, times, serif]It had snowed, an event rare enough in Richmond that it seemed to put a strain on everybody and everything. Diana Dollinger had been holed up in her apartment virtually all weekend, scribbling notes, worried she was getting fat. These were neurotic obsessions. She was in fact an attractive, svelte twenty-eight-year-old, an entry-level researcher well thought of by other chemists at Philip Morris. She left behind a few relatives in the Richmond area when she died very early one Monday in January 1982, but no one claimed to know why she had drunk liquid nicotine, 100 percent pure, straight out of a brown bottle she'd smuggled home from the Philip Morris Research Center. She died a death experienced by several rats at the research center, but few people anywhere in the world. The victim loses control of its limbs and collapses as the bowels and bladder discharge, and the end comes in a wrenching, gasping convulsion. [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman, times, serif][FONT=times new roman, times, serif]Diana Dollinger would have had to go to some trouble to get the brown bottle, because nicotine wasn't used in the Physical Research Division building where she was part of a unit that analyzed how tobacco burns, an essential but unglamorous branch of the company's product research. It got William Farone, then-director of applied research at Philip Morris, who supervised Dollinger's unit and others, wondering whether there was a message in her method. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman, times, serif]"If you've got a choice, why pick that particular chemical?" he said to another scientist. Indeed, a chemist at Philip Morris would have been among a select few in the country who could appreciate just how nasty nicotine really is. Many at the research center learned the hard way that merely leaving a bottle of the clear liquid open in a warm room brings on a wave of coughing and gagging, followed in short order by dizziness and nausea. A few drops on a small cut on the skin are fatal within minutes unless the victim gets a shot of mecamylamine, which blocks nicotine's effect and is another thing that would be found at Philip Morris and very few other places. [/FONT]

[/FONT]
A good thing that I live in a town with a Philip Morris Plant. (for real)

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Does anyone know if liquid nicotine for e ciggs can be purchased at any local retailers (stores)? If so, is there a list available?

First off welcome! It looks like you are pretty new here. Hope you learn a lot about vaping...mountains of info is available here, in addition to really great folks to answer questions.

Highly unlikely you will find e-liquid on the shelves of a store. Generally if it is a store, or mall kiosk, you will only find cartomizers prefilled or prefilled carts for whatever model they are selling. This is probably due to two things: selling a product that forces you to use only their carts to make more money (e-liquid is way to economical and flexible for them), and e-liquid is in fact a poison, and stocking bottles of it for the masses is, while not technically illegal, probably viewed as too risky.

The only situation I can think of that allows you to physically buy e-liquid at a store would be if you happen to live near one of the online vendors, and they allow you to actually come to them to buy it.

But buying online is very easy and shipping for most vendors is very fast. This is unless you are a minor and do not have paypal, cc, or atm card. On the other hand, if you do find a store that stocks it, that would be good info to post for others in your area.

Vape on!

I know you can get 36mg and fraction it out, but where can you get just nicotine to add to the juice?

Ill-advised, nicotine is a extremely dangerous substance in pure form. The LD50 of nicotine is 60MG, It wouldn't take a drop or two to kill you.(which can be adsorbed by the skin) Not to mention pure nicotine is considered pharmaceutical grade which requires a license. There are ways to extract pure nicotine from various sources but dealing with it in it's pure form is just out right dangerous.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
This thread could well be a good candidate for the new Not Advisable sub-forum.

There will always be new members with these thoughts of wanting pure nicotine, threads such as this offer the means to educate as to the reasons why they don't want straight nicotine.

I do hope it is NOT locked though. The new practice of locking threads is somewhat questionable...

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
This thread could well be a good candidate for the new Not Advisable sub-forum.

There will always be new members with these thoughts of wanting pure nicotine, threads such as this offer the means to educate as to the reasons why they don't want straight nicotine.

I do hope it is NOT locked though. The new practice of locking threads is somewhat questionable...

I agree, OTD. There's a large divide between staight nic and 60-75mg we get from vendors. Straight nic is absolutely lethal, period. Would maybe be clearer to all vapers to understand that "high strength 60mg" contains 6% of straight nic. 100% is off the scale and not suiteable outside a lab :p.

nowhereman

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
Alabama
gallery.tarantulas.us
I would agree that vendors should self regulate fixing a reasonable limit on unflavored nic juices.
Otherwise someone else will and we all know who !

As long as mixing instructions, proper handling warnings and health advisements are understood we should have no issues.
If the LD50 is 60mg that should be the stopping point, IMO.

But it makes cutting and mixing easier if you want nic in your juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread