Where to buy organic cotton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fretplayer20

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Mobile, AL
I know there is a huge division among those who use organic cotton and those who say it doesn't matter. I have zero interest in rayon or silica at this time and am looking to continue using what I was gifted by a friend, which is organic cotton. This cotton was purchased at Walgreens some time ago. I went to Walgreens, CVS, WalMart, Fresh Market, Rite Aid, assorted beauty shops, etc. I have tried everywhere I can think of and cannot find anyone who still sells organic cotton balls. Just as well, note that I have been to multiple of each of the stores listed above to no avail. I don't mind ordering them online per se, but I do mind paying $3 for cotton balls and an additional $6 for shipping those cotton balls to my house.

Does anyone have any stores they use for this material that they may be able to suggest so that I may be able to track some down. It's very aggravating that I can't find these in stores anywhere. Looking for all of your help! :)

Any information is much appreciated.

fretplayer20

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Mobile, AL
Sephora at both addresses. You will be looking for either KoGenDo Cotton or Shiesido Cotton.

Bel Air Mall
3400 Bel Air Mall
Mobile, AL 36606-3411

Phone: (251) 476-4560

Spanish Fort Twn Center
22500 Town Center Ave
Spanish Fort, AL 36527-9414

Phone: (251) 625-4930

I hadn't even considered Sephora. Thanks for the A+ effort RWClark!

Also, @Susan, we have a Whole Foods on the way in 2015. We're a little behind the times down here, so someday that will be a good option. lol

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
Organic cotton balls are hard to find locally, last I got were purchased on-line at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Organic-Cotto...16857233&sr=8-5&keywords=organic+cotton+balls 100 for $4.70 shipping included. I ended up switching over to cotton pads, MUCH easier to use (no unrolling), and the fibers all run in one direction, they wick better. Each "pad" is equal to several unrolled cotton balls in the number of wicks it makes Amazon.com: Cotton Labo ORGANIC Cotton Puff Size M (200pc): Health & Personal Care so this package of 200 pads is equivalent to 400 - 600 cotton balls.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
CVS does. They are sold out a lot of times. My wife and daughters go through them like crazy. I still am using the 6 I snagged. You go into CVS and there are thousands of the regular cotton balls. There will be just one or two packs of the organic.

Put your zip in to see if any local stores have them in stock. (Mobile, AL has quite a few stores with them in stock. Unless their website is crap)

CVS 100% Cotton Organic Large Facial Cleansing Pads - CVS.com

Last edited:

fretplayer20

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Mobile, AL
Organic cotton balls are hard to find locally, last I got were purchased on-line at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Organic-Cotto...16857233&sr=8-5&keywords=organic+cotton+balls 100 for $4.70 shipping included. I ended up switching over to cotton pads, MUCH easier to use (no unrolling), and the fibers all run in one direction, they wick better. Each "pad" is equal to several unrolled cotton balls in the number of wicks it makes Amazon.com: Cotton Labo ORGANIC Cotton Puff Size M (200pc): Health & Personal Care so this package of 200 pads is equivalent to 400 - 600 cotton balls.

Thanks Str8vision, I have been seeing these but hadn't really put much thought into using them. Your comment about them already running the same direction makes a lot of sense and seems in thought that it would be much easier to roll up, thread, etc. I think I am going to bite the bullet and pay for shipping. I will likely order balls and pads to try out on your recommendation. I will let you know my experience for sure. Thanks again!

fretplayer20

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Mobile, AL
Although I snagged a bag at a Walgreen's, I've seen it at WalMart, Walgreen's, CVS, Rite Aid, and one of my local grocery stores.

Check on line to see who carries what and if it's in stock.

@K_Tech and @Bluecat, I looked up a few of those stores online that say In Stock and got there to them being sold out also. There are a few on there that I wouldn't go to even I called first and knew they had them. There are some bad areas in town and a lot of those showing In Stock are in those areas. lol. Not the kind of places I want to venture to for some cotton balls, ya know? Thanks for the info and research though! It's much appreciated.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Where to buy organic cotton?

You go to the flea market and find the white hippy chick with rastafarian dreadlocks who smells like patchouli oil and moth balls selling her homemade jewelry. You'll know its her when you look behind her tent and see a new 2014 Volkswagen Beetle with Grateful Dead stickers on it that her parents bought her with the money they got when their all natural yogurt company went public. They are supporting her while she finds herself. She has the best organic cotton. The code words are "Give pea's a chance"

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
@K_Tech and @Bluecat, I looked up a few of those stores online that say In Stock and got there to them being sold out also. There are a few on there that I wouldn't go to even I called first and knew they had them. There are some bad areas in town and a lot of those showing In Stock are in those areas. lol. Not the kind of places I want to venture to for some cotton balls, ya know? Thanks for the info and research though! It's much appreciated.

I can understand that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread