Which coil ohm is best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike36609

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2012
Mobile, AL
What is the best running combo for the ego t 1100mah bat?

Too subjective, only you can answer what works for you. When I first started I used 2.5 ohm cartos on a cig-a-like, and the vape was more than enough to satisfy my cravings. With those parameters I was vaping around 6.4 watts. Now, with a little time and vaping experience working for me, I like to run around 8 watts.

Also, remember that the lower the resistance of your atty/carto, the sooner your battery will need to be recharged.

E_DeCastro

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
SOCAL, USA
Too subjective, only you can answer what works for you. When I first started I used 2.5 ohm cartos on a cig-a-like, and the vape was more than enough to satisfy my cravings. With those parameters I was vaping around 6.4 watts. Now, with a little time and vaping experience working for me, I like to run around 8 watts.

Also, remember that the lower the resistance of your atty/carto, the sooner your battery will need to be recharged.

I don't think you can vari the voltage on an ego t.

Mike36609

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2012
Mobile, AL
I don't think you can vari the voltage on an ego t.

Yes, I believe that you correct, though I've never owned or vaped on one. But my post made no reference to adjusting the voltage to change the wattage of the vape, and only referenced how my tastes have changed. With fixed voltage you adjust the wattage of the vape by the selection of the resistance of the atty/carto - a 2 ohm carto gives you a warmer vape than a 2.5 ohm. Lower resistance applied across a fixed voltage power source produces higher current flow than does higher resistance, so therefore lower resistance means that the battery will be deplenished more quickly and require recharging sooner than with a higher resistance.

This is the chart from Kranger. Comments are mine. Note that the 1.5 ohm is not recommended [1] to hot for even 3.2 V and the juice will taste burned [2] will burn out quickly.

Kanger Recommended Resistance
1.7-1.9 (1.8 ohm) - 3.1-3.4 volts--- standard li ion battery
2.1-2.3 (2.2 ohm) - 3.5-3.8 volts--- variable volt or standard li ion battery
2.4-2.6 (2.5 ohm) - 3.9 -4.2 volts--- variable volt li ion battery
2.6-3.0 (2.8 ohm) - 4.3-4.7 volts--- variable volt li ion battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread