Which countries have outlawed and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bennylava

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2013
Texas
Hi all. I was just curious which countries have outlawed vaping devices, and why. Here in the US, I think its going to be tough to outlaw vaping. Sure, they can outlaw the sale and production of the devices, but the cat is already out of the bag, and you can't put it back in. Its easy to make your own vaping device, and its easy to make your own vaping fluid. So while it will be a thorn in our side if they outlaw sales, they probably aren't going to do anything but create another black market, and generally fail at stopping people from vaping, just like they fail at stopping people from smoking marywanna.

So what reasons have other countries cited for outlawing vaping?

ParaGrunt

Verified Member
Jul 8, 2013
Greenville, OH
All of the GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) States which are Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar and UAE have outlawed vaping because it is "bad" for you. But, all tobacco products to include shisha are okay. Go figure. That being said, we have been able to get our supplies through the post. That might change in the future with local customs cracking down. There has been some anecdotal reports of devices being confiscated through the mail and at airports. I myself have had no problems. This might be due to me using devices that do not "look" the part....Box mods, Provari etc.

Bennylava

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2013
Texas
Thank you sir. If that report is any indicator, things aren't looking good. Best to stock up on mech mods and VV's and tanks too. They can't ban the batteries or the wire or the wick cause they're all used for way too many other things already. VG and PG juice will always be available. As for nicotine, lets just say I'm glad I weened myself down to 0mg, and I suggest the rest of you people do the same if you know what's good for you. Sad but true.

But at the same time, realistically, it looks like any real attempt to "ban" vaping isn't going to be possible. Mech mods are too easy to make. You could easily ban ecigs, but I don't see it to be within their power to prohibit the production and use of mech mods. It would be like trying to prohibit the making and use of gardening tools. They just don't have the power to ever be able to enforce it. So I don't really think they can kill vaping. At least, not for us people who are already vapers. What they can kill, is smokers converting to vaping. Which may be all they need to do. Then again, you have so many vapers already, and so many more by the time they finally get everything banned, that you'd still have home-made vapers being able to make a mod for a smoker and convert them too. Those vapers will also be able to create their own juice, albeit at 0mg. I guess its hard to say what will happen. We may very well be looking at the permanent death of big tobacco. Industries come and go, none are immune to market forces. Just look at how many companies the internet laid low. But it was coming, by hook or by crook and there was nothing that was going to be able to stop it.

Will the government realize this and simply give up trying to ban as a lost cause? You see how well the drugs ban worked out for them. They can't stop anyone from going and getting some drugs anytime they damn well please.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread