Which E-cig model is worth or not worth it's retail price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingus

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2011
Belgium
The Bloogs are great but a little overpriced (especially the shipping to Europe). I don't regret buying it though, since I'm happy with it, but now I just buy SmokelessImage Volt stuff instead for my small PV needs.
Other than that, I'm happy with what I paid for everything (Riva, Krimson Kustoms mod, 2xAA box mod, VaporLuxe and Boge Revolution V2.1, plus some Joye510 and KR808D-1 batts way back when).

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
My husband and I also purchased Volt six weeks during their Labor Day Sale. I don't regret it but we have since purchased some Krimson Kustom box mods and ar waiting for those to be made. I think Volt is a good starting place, particularly if you get the usb pass through. I think with any of the analog style e cig's you find out very quickly it can get tiresome constantly recharging batteries. Still, I don't regret it as its a good item to take out and about and not stick out because its sleek and easy to hide.

dotma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
Spokane, WA
My first e cig was a pen style from a mall kiosk. It was $90 some dollars for a kit that made one complete set up. I went back later and got another battery for $40. Their 15 ml nicotine juices are about $32 each. I think i WAYYYY overpaid for all of that stuff. My Joye Ego kit was about $70 and it makes 2 complete set ups. And the juices online are way cheaper. I think mall kiosks are definitely overpriced. On the other hand, if i had never found that place, I would have never had the opportunity to actually try an e cig in the first place and would probably have never bought one without trying it first.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    That $130.00 value "free offer" you see on TV is grossly over priced. In fact the more it looks like a real cigarette the more likely it is to be over priced.

The reality is that you can make a 2xAA box mod for about $5.00 + batteries, and buy cartos for about $1.25 each.
    You will have to decide for yourself what "image" is worth.

My SB cost $85.00 .. can't do a thing that my $5.00 box mod can't, but it sure is nice. So "worth it" is purely subjective.

hairball

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 17, 2010
    Other Places
    PV's are like juices...it's all subjective. I love all the mods I own and sold the ones I didn't. I started with a Joye 510..did I regret it?...no but it wasn't long before I discovered an eGo and bought it. The eGo was cheaper for a kit than the Joye 510 but it still got me off the smokes.

Whatever you buy, if it works to keep you from smoking, than it is money well spent. I don't care if someone paid $200 for a kit, if you quit smoking with it, it was money well spent...a person's health doesn't have a price tag. All ecigs (or almost all) can always be found cheaper if you do your homework.

kabonk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 1, 2010
    NW Detroit Burbs
    when I first started I ordered different 3 kits a 510 manual xl kit a t-rex and a E9 from china I regret the E9 purchase I only used it for a couple hours untill the mailman came with my other 2 PVs I ordered 48mg carto with it they where way to strong and one of the batteries was DOA. I didn't get much use out of the 510 ether but I watched those videos that used to be stickied in the new member forums they must have been out of date because she didn't say anything about a ego or a riva I'm glad I saw a review on youtube for the t-rex it got me to quit smoking and I gave the 510 kit to my brother

washvap

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2011
    wa
    I want to get different opinions on what people think was worth the price of an ecig they bought, or if you had any experiences buying an ecig and feeling like "man I wish I wouldve just gotten an "XX" Model instead".

Please be elaborate and give price examples as well as model names. Thank you :]

Well, when I bought a Smoke 51TRIO. It was amazingly overpriced (110 for a kit). The carts were always leaking and I would get juice everywhere. The performance and battery life was terrible.

Overall, it was the worst purchase that I've made and not worth the money. Everything I own now is worth every cent and performs great. No regrets now on anything.

For example,

My REO Grand cost me 141 bucks. It's made out of aircraft aluminum which is pretty light weight and will last a lifetime. It's easy to use and able to utilize the various assortments of 510 atomizers/cartomizers. The battery life will easily last me a day as well as the 6ml bottle that it holds. Performance is unmatched as well since it made me realize that I liked vaping more than smoking.

If all else fails, my REO Grand can be used as a weapon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread