Which flavours tend to be less harsh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monty359

Nov 28, 2016
hi,

i am new to vaping and first off i got some fruit flavours but found them a little harsh (i know other things come into it such as nicotine content, VG/PG ratio, type of vaporiser, etc etc

but just in general.. i emailed a vendor to say that i found the fruit eliquds a little harsh and he said to try flavours like, vanilla, and caramel

can anyone list some other flavours which might fall into the same category as vanilla and caramel (would bubblegum and candy floss fall into the same category.. ie. non-fruits) ?

also, i know banana is a fruit but does that flavour tend to not be as harsh as the citrus/other fruits?

thanks!

Reactions: smacuser

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
Cookie flavors (especially something like sugar cookie), cupcake flavors, other cakes, pudding, custard, ice cream, milk shake, and probably ice creams (I've tried one that wasn't though, because of way too much "cooling" flavor) -- these should all be pretty soft / creamy.

In my experience, caramel can sometimes be a bit harsh, and I usually like it better blended with something else. I'm not sure I would recommend banana. There are some great banana e liquids, but banana can often have a weird taste. If you try a banana flavor, I'd say try it in something creamy, like maybe a banana cream pie flavor, and check out the ratings on various sites that include customer ratings. Once you find a few things you like, you can get more recommendations here.

But don't throw away your fruit flavors yet! You may find you like them mixed with something else later!

If you want to give us more info about the brands you tried, what you're vaping with, what level of nic, etc., people might have some good specific suggestions. I'll mention one thing I tried that struck me as very mild, a nice mixer with other things, and something that worked well when nothing else was really tasting good (because of tastebud blowout or whatever): Outbreak's PT-Zero. I got it because I wanted a juicy, tart lemony dessert sort of thing, and it was much too mild for that. But I found it was quite a soothing vape (this was at 6 mg nic, higher than I usually use), and I also like to mix it with a bit of some other fruit flavors. (It's kind of funny, really, because the brand uses for some reason some kind of zombie logo / naming motif, so it seems like everything is going to GRAR ARGH SUPERCHARGED SCARY BIG DANGEROUS TASTE, and here's this very, very mild kind of comforting flavor.

monty359

Nov 28, 2016
thanks for the replies guys

i am using an endura T18E
i was using 12mg nicotine in the past, but to be honest im thinking i would suit 18mg more.. which would probably be a disaster as i guess that would be even more harsh

hmm.. if i did get some 'creamy' types of juice like milkshake etc, could i actually mix them with fruit flavours like blueberry etc, or would that also just end up as a disaster? :)

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    You might want to try the juices after a week or 2 more. They might need to steep for a bit. You might find a 70VG 30PG not as harsh. Try the 18, it might not be as bad as you think. Yes, if you mix equal amounts of your 12 and 18, you end up at 15mg. Totally fine to blend your own, try to imagine what a mix of the 2 would be like.

monty359

Nov 28, 2016
    thanks, i think im gonna go with the 18mg, 3 x 100ml ... vanilla, caramel, and candy floss

i figure i can just mix them up and get some combination of the 3 which suits me

i have to order all of them at the same strength so i wont be able to experiment with mixing nicotine strengths, but i heard u can reduce nicotine by leaving your cap off the bottle for eg. 12 hours or longer (any truth to that do u think?)
    thanks again everyone for the help

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    ..... i wont be able to experiment with mixing nicotine strengths, but i heard u can reduce nicotine by leaving your cap off the bottle for eg. 12 hours or longer (any truth to that do u think?)
    thanks again everyone for the help
    I thought you still had harsh fruits you could mix in. Either way, no thats not going to reduce your nic any meaningful amount, and while that cap is off, your flavor's leaving as well.

Your single flavor choices sound like store mixed product. If that's how you got your harsh fruits, give 'em a good shake daily (20 seconds or so), and try them every 3 days

monty359

Nov 28, 2016
    quote: "Cookie flavors (especially something like sugar cookie), cupcake flavors, other cakes, pudding, custard, ice cream, milk shake, and probably ice creams"

Str8vision

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 26, 2013
    Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
    Nic is the major source of harshness and "throat hit" in juice. The brand of nic used makes a -big- difference, some are considerably less harsh than others but they're also more expensive to use. It could be the juice you bought uses one of the harsher nics, you might consider trying a different brand of juice. I strongly recommend avoiding juice sold in convenience stores, truck stops and tobacco shops. High ratios of PG tends to enhance nic's harshness while high ratios of VG helps tame it, you might consider trying juice with a higher VG ratio like 70/30 VG/PG.

Reactions: daviedog

monty359

Nov 28, 2016
    i previously ordered from: juicyvapes.co.uk (im in UK)
    after trying out their ejuice i have decided they suck and im not going anywhere near them again
    .... also lots of the people on their forum complain about their harsh eliquid (and blame the nicotine they use)
    i think the next company i use will use better nicotine, i should be ok from here so thanks a lot for the advice guys.. i will try another vendor and read reviews carefully first
    smiley20.gif

Reactions: Str8vision
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread