Status
Not open for further replies.

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
I tried to order ths Ives. Wants a tax id number required. So I put in my ss number with one number wrong. When choosing how to pay it gave me somebody else's payment info ! Acct etc...i could have charged it i do believe. I was shooting for a paypal payment in the beginning. So....dunno. I closed it up. It had a resistance option too. Too weird

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Wow, the ones without prebuilt coils were still in stock when I checked yesterday.

I just ordered two without the prebuilt coil. Cost of two including shipping is $76 US.

mc ARB senza resistenza

NOTE.... To set up account you do not have to put a number in vat/cf. use N/A

Feisty Alice

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
I tried to order ths Ives. Wants a tax id number required. So I put in my ss number with one number wrong. When choosing how to pay it gave me somebody else's payment info ! Acct etc...i could have charged it i do believe. I was shooting for a paypal payment in the beginning. So....dunno. I closed it up. It had a resistance option too. Too weird

I sent an email yesterday about the Vat/CF. Received reply that said just to use N/A. The vat/CF is for some other countries but not needed for US or others.

Feisty Alice

Blix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Stabekk, Norway
I just ordered two without the prebuilt coil. Cost of two including shipping is $76 US.

mc ARB senza resistenza

NOTE.... To set up account you do not have to put a number in vat/cf. use N/A

Feisty Alice

Woa, not bad at all, came out at 31 Euro for me with shipping for one. Thanks for the tip! :)

Blix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Stabekk, Norway
My mcARB finally arrived today. Mondosvapo doesn't get high points for quick handling, took them a week just to send it out..

Setting up the nr/r-wires is a bit of a PIA, but other than that it was easy to set up. Smart with those little pieces of tubing at the ceramic base, they made for a much more secure connection point for the negative wire than on the Dripper Spiral.
I don't like the non-threaded cap, it's a bit wobbly, but we'll see when the o-ring swells a bit coming in contact with the juice.

Other than that it vapes just great! Not a super airy draw, I like it. Blind squonks fine.
It's slim so I think this one can fit any Reo with ease.
All in all a great little atomiser at a great price. :)

Gioajack

Resting In Peace
Jul 20, 2012
Conifer, Colorado
Blix:

Using silver, crimping beads make splicing R/NR wire much, much easier... at least for me. Put the two ends of the wire into the bead, crimp togeter with the little crimping tool a and BANG, you're done. (You can actually use a pair of needle nose pliers but the crimping tool make the splice a little more secure.)

You probably already know that they make a nifty little welding machine over on your side of the pond. Battery operated, very small and works like a champ. A little pricy but not outrageous. (Google TSAF, for videos, etc.) I have the bad feeling that I'm going to give in and end up ordering one.

This place, Rio Grande jewelry making supplies, jewelry tools and jewellery supply has good prices on crimping beads, (various sizes), and excellent on silver, (.999), wire. They actually sell it by the foot so you can buy as little or as much as you want. (International shipping may negate their prices though.)

I really want that little welder!

Jack

Blix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Stabekk, Norway
Blix:

Using silver, crimping beads make splicing R/NR wire much, much easier... at least for me. Put the two ends of the wire into the bead, crimp togeter with the little crimping tool a and BANG, you're done. (You can actually use a pair of needle nose pliers but the crimping tool make the splice a little more secure.)

You probably already know that they make a nifty little welding machine over on your side of the pond. Battery operated, very small and works like a champ. A little pricy but not outrageous. (Google TSAF, for videos, etc.) I have the bad feeling that I'm going to give in and end up ordering one.

This place, Rio Grande jewelry making supplies, jewelry tools and jewellery supply has good prices on crimping beads, (various sizes), and excellent on silver, (.999), wire. They actually sell it by the foot so you can buy as little or as much as you want. (International shipping may negate their prices though.)

I really want that little welder!

Jack

Ah crimping beads, haven't thought about that. Which size do you use? I'd imagine the smallest you can find.

But yeah, I'm really eyeing a wire welder for sure. :)

Thank you!

Gioajack

Resting In Peace
Jul 20, 2012
Conifer, Colorado
Blix, I use 30 gauge Kanthal and the equivalent of 30 gauge silver so the 1mm x .025 (hole) work well. (My hands just can't handle twisting the wires, even with tweezers or anything else I've tried. Once you get the hang of it the crimp beads are much, much easier. (I found that putting the ends of both wires into the same end of the bead holds the splice more securely, then I just run the NR wire back over the bead and down.

I'd love to have the TSAF but right now I only have two Killers that require NR wire so it's kinda hard to justify it. (I guess I could forget about one of the grand kid's birthday and treat myself.)

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread