• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Which stereotypes fit you and which do not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stereotypical - I have a very good sense of design, interior or otherwise. Just had a house built and am having fun decorating it. Enjoy cooking.

Astereotypical - Not a clothes horse at all. I just wear what's comfy. Ride motorcycles. Am a tech ..... - love high-tech gadgetry. Don't mind getting my hands dirty (to a degree) working on my bikes or gardening. Have a dog (Italian Greyhound).

frogbmth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Dorset, UK
www.jantyclub.com
I don't fit the stereotype too well. My main hobbies are flying radio controlled helicopters & freediving, I dress comfortably, don't disco my friday nights away, don't shave daily and don't throw my head back when I laugh. I have a dog (5 stone basset hound), two snakes and a tarantula. I don't clean the house every day and until a bad crash, used to love motorbikes.

I am the youngest of four children though. Right handed. I dont drink or do drugs (apart from the nicotine). Hate poppers.

If you didnt know I liked willy, you wouldnt think I was a ... at all ;)

DCrist721

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
Long Island, NY
Also, I'm curious what traits everyone exhibits. Biologists have been linking some predominant physical traits to us homosexuals including left-handedness, counterclockwise hair whorls, and being a younger sibling. I'm sure there's more but those are the ones I can remember.

I'm left handed when it comes to writing/drawing but I can use both for everything. I have both counterclockwise and clockwise hair whorls, and I'm both a younger and an older sibling. It make sense that I'm bisexual then.

Stereotypical:I don't like sports, there may be slight undertone of gayness in my voice, I'm a very artistic person and have a god sense of design, thinking about going into interior design. I have a bounce in my step apparently, not sure what that means though. I have long hair, although not by aesthetic choice, just because it makes me feel good to grow it out for Locks of Love. Probably more things that I can't think of. I used to dress really well and match everything, but now I dress like a bum, although my bandannas always match my outfit. I used to do a lot of drugs, and I still do some, but I've never heard of that stereotype before this thread.

Astereotypical: I love beer so much more then those wimpy cocktails, I'm not afraid to get dirty, love the outdoors. I never shave, I can't be bothered. Not into pop culture at all. That's about all I can think of.

Surprisingly I have a very low sexual drive. Most bi people I know have like twice the sexual drive as most people, they're running at like 200% (100% for males and 100% for females) but I feel like I'm running at 50/50, if that makes sense. I'm more interested in love and a compassionate relationship then sex. My girlfriend is so sex-driven though, she gets annoyed with me a lot because of that. Normally it's the girl who's not in the mood not the guy. She's very androgynous though, I like that about her a lot.

Tribalmasters: You just reminded me about poppers. I forgot that I had a bottle of "Rush" in my desk and I just took a whiff, mmmmm. This can't be good for the braincells, I'm sure this could be classified as solvent abuse, but whatever, I have a high enough IQ that I have some brain cells to spare. Although I've been telling myself that for the last decade, things might be catching up to me.

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

to answer the above questions:

I'm right handed, I'm my parents only child so can't really comment on the younger sibling thing

I dont know what a hair whorl is.

Astereotypical behaviour:

I hate dancing / singing
Drink beer not cocktails / alcopops
I wear clothes that are comfy or that I like, not necessarily whats at the hight of fashion today.
I think that the game of association football is sacred (Soccer if you really must) :grr: (play up pompey!)

Stereotypical behaviour:

I prefer cats to dogs
I bought a couple of 901 batteries with pink LED's

Greetings everyone - so glad I found out about this group. I suddenly feel at home now on this forum!

I read thru the thread and was waiting for GF to come running in to see what I was laughing about.

So I guess this is a good place to introduce myself. hmmmm...

I am the oldest - 4 younger brothers. Did sports in high school and college - actually went to college on scholarship. I love the outdoors, camping, kayaking, biking, yada yada. I have a dog and GF has a dog. Most of my girl friends have dogs, but a few are cat folks. Most of my guy friends have cats. My middle fingers are longer than my index finger. My hair whirl depends on how I slept. I am a computer engineer for almost 30 years now - so that kinda gives away that I am getting to be an OLD .... haha. Will be turning 49 soon.

Stereotypical behaviour:
-Sporty, and outdoorsy (sporty in that I like to do but dont really care to watch it)
-Like to work with my hands - wood working, tinkering
-Love to dance and love dance music
-Not much into fashion but rather comfort
-Would rather live in my house than clean it

Astereotypical behaviour:
-I dont do uhauls - not sure if you have that in UK but here in US, lez's are famous for dating for a night and bringing the uhaul the 2nd "date" haha

Well thats enough for now - you will get to know my sick sense of humor in time ;)

Brenda

PS - almost forgot... I just started vaping about a week and half ago. I have several DSE-901's platinum and black and a DSE-084. And am now anxiously awaiting orders of juice from 3 diff places. My fav so far is Pure Menthol and Pina Colada. And I am now hooked on vaping :)

poeticwomyn

Mar 10, 2009
Missouri
Guess not many of the stereotypes fit me. Most people (even those that know me) look at me as someone's mother/grandmother (ok, so now I hate that age conotation) am very femme with some sports like attributes. I love my bicycle. But for the most part when people meet me they do not think "lesbian" although after they realize my life partner is a woman there are many repercussions sometimes. My Dad raised me as the son he wished the boys had been, because I was interested and they were not, so I can do all these things for myself, but I prefer not to. So I present very femme, and that is the way society views me, and my life partner takes care of those things I don't find tasteful or to my liking............LOL the best of both worlds....... I can but I don't have to.

ozrick

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Chicago, IL
First of all- Howdy :)

Second of all- none of the stereotypes fit me, my husband on the other hand is a poster child for gay-dom.

I think when I first came out I developed a lispy / swishy persona but after I was comfortable with who I was and my place in the community that faded away. My husband on the other had is a flaming queen and pretty damned funny about it too.

We've made an interesting pair for the last 14 years !:shock:

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
First of all- Howdy :)

Second of all- none of the stereotypes fit me, my husband on the other hand is a poster child for gay-dom.

I think when I first came out I developed a lispy / swishy persona but after I was comfortable with who I was and my place in the community that faded away. My husband on the other had is a flaming queen and pretty damned funny about it too.

We've made an interesting pair for the last 14 years !:shock:

Wow! Congrats on the 14 years. That's a milestone achievement in itself.:thumbs:

For record of the topic - no real domineering stereotypes with me. I can be a little sarcastic. Sometimes I throw in an "oh no you didn't, girl!" But that's usually only if I'm talking to an actual girl. That's about as *gay* as I get, lol.

hepkath

Mar 27, 2009
Midwest USA
Well, have two whorls...one at crown=counter clockwise...one at front of part at forehead=clockwise, and yes ambidextrious, can do something only w/a specific hand (but not tellin' what). Ring finger on left hand longer than index....was a butch like my avitar in my younger days (can you believe that is a pic of Katherine Hepburn) hence my moniker, now just a soft old lez, am a computer nerd (a total wirehead)

RedBullHighBride

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
OUTSIDE
The only way I can tell whether a woman is a lesbian by her fingers is when I can feel them but not actually see them, if you catch my drift. Usually by then, other attributes will have given me a clue.

I'm trying to think of what lesbian stereotypes I exhibit, and apart from being averse to frocks and 'the walk' I can't think of many. I've had cats in the past, but not now. I like beer, but I like wines and spirits too. I like sport and I used to play rugby, but I don't think that's a total giveaway, as most of my team were straight (dammit). I do fix up/tinker with things, I soldered my charger back together rather than waiting for a replacement. I like The L Word, but it's not 'the way that we live'. I cant buy into the whole rainbow gay brand. The most important stereotype - the sleeping with women thing - doesn't fit at all cos I'm horribly single!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread