• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Which stereotypes fit you and which do not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
Aloha Fellow Gaypers,

Here I recently join the group, ready to have a little fun spilling guts and answering the interesting questions, and now there is nothing but deafening silence around here... or just the crickets chirping as Rexa noted... :confused:

Is one F word gonna spoil the whole gay pot??? Hey, I am all for the free-est of speech and personal rights, especially in these fairly oppressive times, but if the Forum rules won't be slackened enough, can't we just use the old ****'s to get our meaning across? Like f**k, or s**t, etc?

Would hate lose the group over semantics...

Just a thought...

Hi Kona. There is still plenty of fun to be had here. I am refraining from posting here right now - until I get past this feeling like someone just wrote their commentary in my diary. I am still processing that. I don't want you all to think I am angry at you. I am just feeling like there is a video camera in the one little area where I thought I could scratch myself and pick my nose in peace.

Cuss words in code usually pass. ;)

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
I was expecting the F bomb to be moderated and I would've been surprised if it weren't (I curse like a sailor too but I'm aware of the rules) but I just don't think the extra mod commentary needed to happen to scare everyone off. If people have issues or cause issues they could be notified in pm's if further clarification is needed. I read the edited expletive post and I saw the reason for the edit already which was sufficient enough.

The computer automaticly changes the F bomb and others to code. I have seen too much mod over-reaction lately and it is all building up to a cuss word explosion for me at the moment.

Kona

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Kona, Hawai'i
www.gpmkona.com
I am just feeling like there is a video camera in the one little area where I thought I could scratch myself and pick my nose in peace.

On a similar note, I noticed, before joining this group, that anyone can see who the members of this group are, just by clicking on the group name. I almost didn't join for this reason, then thought, screw it, privacy is one thing, going back into the closet is another...

I remember though, someone saying that they were talking to the mods about making the membership list private or not viewable. I bet it would help shyer people to take advantage of the comraderie here...

Aloha,
GP

deeptrout

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2009
Utah
sorry for causing all the bull excrement i should have read the rules i just generally find that if i observe the rules of common sense im safe this has been a learning experience for me i guess my idea of common sense isnt universal. dont let my downer kill ur forum ill behave from now on i promise :(

EDIT: I do want to say though that in a private group like this one the rules could stand to be bent a little since we pretty much understand what we are getting into especially since its invite only the invite could include a disclaimer and then maybe we could get the Forking mods off our backs.

Last edited:

Rexa

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
New York City
It's not your fault deeptrout. As much as I like being apart of this little haven here I think we are also reminded of the (sad) reality of things which is we don't own nor have anything really private on these boards as they are primarily for ecig discussions rather than personal ones. Being able to have a personal subforum just makes thing more fun. I probably wouldn't be visiting the forums so much if it weren't for these sub-forums anyway. The fun itself is still restricted so to speak.

Kona

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Kona, Hawai'i
www.gpmkona.com
ok so i got my blu yesterday finally. and this made me think of another stereotype i suppose i do conform to.......i can suck a cue ball through a garden hose.

:D:D:D!!!
So, it sounds like that may be necessary with the Blu?

Actually, a friend of mine over here, and the only smoker that I showed my 901 to, went ahead (without my knowledge) and ordered the Blu from one of their spam type promotions.

He is now soured on e-cigs and continues to smoke. Too much hassle, not enough vapor, proprietary everything (you must order everything from Blu and only Blu), no easy way to top off, etc.

So I gave his a try and got virtually nothing. Granted, I think it was a cart he had been using for quite some time, but.... Yeah, it gave my sucking chops a workout, without the reward!

Beautiful packaging, yes. But much ado about nothing, even with the little portable charging pack, IMO. Maybe your more experienced testing will come to a different conclusion, Deeptrout?

I told this story to a supplier that gave me a great deal on an extra souped up 901 kit, and he was cool enough to make the same offer to my friend, at any time, should he ever decide to try e-cigs again, even though the sale had ended... Very cool.

My friend is still smoking, which brings another thing to mind regarding the fact that vapers are indeed a different breed, in a way, as the conversion to (or addition of) vaping does require some time, education, and effort, especially as the tech is so new and quite inconsistant. I hope and think that this will change and improve with time, making it easier to get into and stick with, ban be damned. It's just that not everyone wants to make vaping a time-consuming hobby, no matter the health advantages...

But God knows I am hooked now on this new pleasure, concocting my special juices and vowing never to return to the analoque death sticks... Cross fingers always, of course!

Sorry for going so far off topic. Guess that is a stereotype that applies to me: talk talk talk, blah blah blah bah... :rolleyes:

deeptrout

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2009
Utah
:D:D:D!!!
So, it sounds like that may be necessary with the Blu?

Actually, a friend of mine over here, and the only smoker that I showed my 901 to, went ahead (without my knowledge) and ordered the Blu from one of their spam type promotions.

He is now soured on e-cigs and continues to smoke. Too much hassle, not enough vapor, proprietary everything (you must order everything from Blu and only Blu), no easy way to top off, etc.

So I gave his a try and got virtually nothing. Granted, I think it was a cart he had been using for quite some time, but.... Yeah, it gave my sucking chops a workout, without the reward!

Beautiful packaging, yes. But much ado about nothing, even with the little portable charging pack, IMO. Maybe your more experienced testing will come to a different conclusion, Deeptrout?

I told this story to a supplier that gave me a great deal on an extra souped up 901 kit, and he was cool enough to make the same offer to my friend, at any time, should he ever decide to try e-cigs again, even though the sale had ended... Very cool.

My friend is still smoking, which brings another thing to mind regarding the fact that vapers are indeed a different breed, in a way, as the conversion to (or addition of) vaping does require some time, education, and effort, especially as the tech is so new and quite inconsistant. I hope and think that this will change and improve with time, making it easier to get into and stick with, ban be damned. It's just that not everyone wants to make vaping a time-consuming hobby, no matter the health advantages...

But God knows I am hooked now on this new pleasure, concocting my special juices and vowing never to return to the analoque death sticks... Cross fingers always, of course!

Sorry for going so far off topic. Guess that is a stereotype that applies to me: talk talk talk, blah blah blah bah... :rolleyes:

actually im quite enjoying my blu though i look forward to trying other juices and the draw isn't too bad but you do need to pull the foil off the cart instead of puncturing it im guessing this will turn into my going out drinking cig and i will get something else for more regular use

Kona

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Kona, Hawai'i
www.gpmkona.com
actually im quite enjoying my blu though i look forward to trying other juices and the draw isn't too bad but you do need to pull the foil off the cart instead of puncturing it im guessing this will turn into my going out drinking cig and i will get something else for more regular use

Hmmm, maybe I should go back to my friends and check it out more. I hated that foil idea, especially as it can heat up. Nothing like smoking aluminum to counteract the good effects nic has with Alzheimers! ;~)

So, if you pull off the foil, can you then top off easily as needed? Gotta remove atty, I think? Thanks for any info, Deep...

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
128733474822403354.jpg

;)

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
"Damn" & "....."

Just testing if those two words still remain uncensored. I've used them before with no problems. Just curious if there's been any changes I wasn't aware of. Seriously, just testing. Don't spank me, please.

Now, back to the regular programming...

Nah, we'll save spanking for the fun and games portion of the show:evil:. For most around here a simple tsk tsk:rolleyes: will suffice. I, for one have spent too many years trying to figure out why damn is a banned word and n*gger is not. I think the latter of the two is soooooo much worse. I don't get angry when I hear profanity, but I do get irate when I hear derrogatory language.

I self-edited the above word. It was not the mod police or the computer. I just hate that word and many others like it and don't want to see it in my posts.

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
Nah, we'll save spanking for the fun and games portion of the show:evil:. For most around here a simple tsk tsk:rolleyes: will suffice. I, for one have spent too many years trying to figure out why damn is a banned word and n*gger is not. I think the latter of the two is soooooo much worse. I don't get angry when I hear profanity, but I do get irate when I hear derrogatory language.

I self-edited the above word. It was not the mod police or the computer. I just hate that word and many others like it and don't want to see it in my posts.

Right on, Nico! There are much worse words that totally and purposely demean another person. In that case it's just stupid on the person's part that speaks them and they should be virtually hanged out to dry for a while. I say to those people, "You're ignorance is showing."

But in everyday non-abrasive convos it just doesn't make sense. A lot of it depends on how some words are used in context. There are so many variables. I'm not talking about hate motivated words like in your example. However, in the example I used above there is no way to tell what someone means by using word "....." without knowing the context in which it is said. It can mean just about anything from the highest praise to aiding in the lowest derogatory statement.

I do understand from a moderator's perspective it's difficult to police every convo. But there are system tools in place to at least help with the simplicities of it. That's why the system automatically blocks out certain words. We also have community tools like the flag system. If it's deemed inappropriate by the community it will be flagged. Even the "Iambetterthanyou" peeps will flag things that others think shouldn't be flagged. I'm even okay with that as long as it's not someone just being an ... because they don't like someone. We need moderators to help keep the peace. Fighting, bashing, slander, etc should not be tolerated. IMO, that is when the main mod-squad should come in especially on a sub-forum. They need to realize that social groups are just that, social groups - we have a certain commonality and know each other so-to-speak.

Btw, Nico, I think you have done a wonderful job at moderating this forum. It's a shame it couldn't be left well enough alone.

Oh and about the fun and games... I'm game :pervy: (that smiley is just soooo wrong, lol)

End of rant - I apologize for jacking the thread. I guess my reasoning it's a scene of the crime sort-of-thing. ;)

Last edited:

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
Thank you for the kind words, Lika. In most cases, if the community is upset by a post, they will admonish the poster, then report. A mod can then edit the post or ask the OP to edit themselves. I guess I have just seen too much lately of the "rookie cop" scenario. I am over it now and ready to carry on, but it has not been forgotten. I will be better prepared for it the next time.;)

As mod of the sub-forum, I could go back and delete those posts, but I think it best to leave it as is so all can see that this is possible.

CZEdwards

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Republic of Boulder
Stereotypical: Mathematical mind -- my fields are historical demography and neurochemical psychology... but in my off hours, I'm great with power tools, a drafting pad, and home reno. Gadget-head, tech fiend. I'm a little bit of a mad scientist -- anything that lets me play with chemicals makes me happy. I tinker, build, deconstruct and reassemble. Cats -- 2; we lost one in 2004 and the others are 17 and 18 (though still healthy and happy) so we're not going to stress them. I don't drive a truck, but mostly because I'm a greenie -- couldn't justify 22 mpg for a truck back when I bought my hyundai hatchback that could haul as much stuff and get 40 to the gallon. I don't suffer fools gladly, I can be both blunt and cutting in the same sentence and I'm a flat-out, don't **** with me feminist and equal rights advocate. (Equal rights for EVERYBODY...and right bloody da*n NOW!!)

Anti-stereotypical: I can be very femme -- I own heels, have pedis (and manis when my hands get wrecked by the power tools), have long hair that I keep colored (usually just compensating for the effects of high altitude on its natural red -- it bleaches in the sun to brass really fast up here -- but sometimes pink, purple, blue or other...). I grow homicidal at the sound of country music (though this may be a regional thing - the Phoenix .... scene was all about the country); give me hard industrial and techno. I wear skirts, makeup, I even shop (though reluctantly usually; I have a very limited color palate which makes shopping easier and harder.) I sew, I make perfume, I cook...

And there's the big one. I identify as Queer, not L/G/B. I was widowed 14 years ago -- or would have been if CA had civilized marriage laws. I still miss her, every day. But A's chromosomal profile didn't catch my mind, and thus my heart. Nor has any partner's -- I'm a far more selective, monogamous XX version of Cptn Jack Harkness (Dr Who and Torchwood). In that, I'm almost... colorblind about gender and sexual shame (no kids, no critters, no corpses, no non-consent, no adult babies and the last is just squick factor...) I have to consciously think about the differences between XY and XX to get that there's a difference.

Sooo... I've kinda been passing as hetero (with all of the straight privilege that entails) for 9 years. (You can kick me out of the club now if you need to. I do understand. There's a reason I call myself Queer -- I don't fit. That I didn't marry an XY for that fact, or for anything but heart, mind... and mouth (take that as you will) sometimes doesn't make much difference.)

Traits: I'm my mother's oldest child, but I don't know on the other side. Heather may have two mommies, but CZ's pretty sure she has two daddies. Definitely left handed, whorls go counter-clockwise, ring-fingers are somewhat longer.

Odd as two left shoes, that's me.

hotwheelz31

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2009
Northwestern PA
Hey everybody, thanks for letting me join your little group.

Stereotype: I guess i am more on the butch side. Short hair, jeep wrangler and love the jeans and t-shirts. Haven't worn a dress since early 90's when I was forced(yes forced) into being in my sisters wedding. What a traumatic day that was for me. I cant even tell you, I should be in therapy over that one.

I have 2 cats, 1 old GSD, and 2 large fish tanks.

I have lots of tools and can fix just about anything. I love video games, have a 360, ps3, gamecube, psp, and DS. I can sit and read for hours. I am currently ready the twilight series... however haven't picked up the 3rd book since I became obsessed with vaping.

I have spent hours reading on this site and others learning everything there is to know about the subject. I started with a DSE 901, and moved on to a SD. Love my SD but now I am interested in the prodigy and gg.

Still in search for the ever elusive perfect juice. have tried several, but haven't found true love yet.

Oh well, thats a little bit of me in a tiny box. Glad I found your forum.

Thanks again for letting me join up.

Jenn

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread