Status
Not open for further replies.

GoBigGuy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
United States
Hi All,

Pulling the trigger tomorrow and will be ordering my istick Pico but after reading some reviews I don't think I'll be going with the Melo 3 mini because people are saying the flavor is meh.

I think I've narrowed down my search down to the Atlantis 2, Triton Mini and nautilus Mini.

Wanted to get some feedback from people who have had or tried these to see which has the best flavor?

Thanks!

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
I would say its between the Nautilus mini and Triton mini.
I have the Nautilus mini and its real good for flavor
I had the Atlantis 2 but ended up selling them on here. I was using the .5 ohm coils and didnt find the flavor that great with them, at least not compared to MTL tanks like the Nautilus. Even the sub tank mini gets better flavor than the Atlantis 2. Vapor production was good, but if your going for flavor I cant recommend it. Another thing I didnt like about the Atlantis 2 is the wide bore drip tip. I like mouth to lung not direct lung hits. There is an adapter you can buy so you can use regular or small bore tips on it.

The Triton mini supposedly has better airflow than the Nautilus mini and sense it takes nautilus coils I have no doubt it has better flavor than the Atlantis 2

GoBigGuy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
United States
Thank for the great info!

I think I'll start with the Triton mini because of the top load and see how I like it or if I feel like my wife won't kill me I'll get the Triton mini and the Nautilus mini and see which I like better lol

I would say its between the Nautilus mini and Triton mini.
I have the Nautilus mini and its real good for flavor
I had the Atlantis 2 but ended up selling them on here. I was using the .5 ohm coils and didnt find the flavor that great with them, at least not compared to MTL tanks like the Nautilus. Even the sub tank mini gets better flavor than the Atlantis 2. Vapor production was good, but if your going for flavor I cant recommend it. Another thing I didnt like about the Atlantis 2 is the wide bore drip tip. I like mouth to lung not direct lung hits. There is an adapter you can buy so you can use regular or small bore tips on it.

The Triton mini supposedly has better airflow than the Nautilus mini and sense it takes nautilus coils I have no doubt it has better flavor than the Atlantis 2

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
Thank for the great info!

I think I'll start with the Triton mini because of the top load and see how I like it or if I feel like my wife won't kill me I'll get the Triton mini and the Nautilus mini and see which I like better lol
Thats what Id go with. I dont have the Triton mini, but most that have it see it as an upgrade over the Nautilus mini due to increased airflow and top fill. You can use the nautilus coils or triton mini coils in it.

Dont even consider the Atlantis sense your going for flavor.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
I have the full size Triton 2, the full size Nautilus, several Nautilus Minis and several GS Airs ( the ones with the silicone ring for airflow control.

IMHO the Triton is great for that first thing in the morning nicotine hit whereas the Nautis are tops for flavour and even better if you use the Triton Mini Clapton 1.8 coils in them.

The GS Airs are great little tanks which come at bargain basement prices and the 0.78 coils just seem to last forever but purely on flavour I still think the Nauti wins by a nose.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
I'll disagree with just about everyone else here, and here's why.

We've been vaping for over 8 years now and followed it's evolution quite a bit.

I mainly use the Melo 2 and my Lemo at this time and love them, but also have the Atlantis and my daughter just got the Melo 3 (with her Pico, which she absolutely loves). I have a OBS Ace coming (waiting eagerly for it, to use with the RTA, but does take pre-built coils) and I've heard nothing but good about the OBS Crius (RTA only).

I have other types too, including the Lemo (RTA) and a couple of drippers (RBA), so my knowledge is from trying the three types of tanks variants. Including my wife and daughter's Nautilus (standard and the mini).

And the verdict is... the Melo 3, the 2, and the Atlantis can all use the same coils, and they are ALL FINE... what it comes down to is choosing the right coil type for you... I tried the Kanthal, Titanium and Nickel from Eleaf, then tried the Vaperasso ceramic. But there is a HUGE selection for other coils available that are compatible.

Between those I've tried, the Vaperasso had better flavour, but from coil to coil, depending on liquids, they can clog up fairly fast.

So I started rebuilding them with Nickel and cotton and they are great, even better than the pre-made ones.

The Nautilus is a bottom choice, gotten on "recommendations" and used for quite a while, but the truth is, once my wife and daughter switched (first with a Kanger Aerotank, then the Melo 2), their Nautilus have ended up in a drawer and never used since. And I'll even say that whenever I would use their kits with the Nautilus, I NEVER enjoyed it, always weird taste, didn't like the airflow (found it poor). Heck, I got mine (Melo 2) first, and both of them would constantly "steal" it and pout about being stuck with the Nautilus until they got their own.

Your Melo 3 tank will be just fine, just make sure that you set the settings correctly, and I do recommend using temp. control (which once I started using it, loved it and wouldn't go back to Wattage mode). I prefer Nickel to Titanium as it taste metallic to me and I find it very temperamental. I have yet to try Stainless Steel though, but I only just got a mod that has SS capacity.

Last edited:

GoBigGuy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
United States
So I pulled the trigger this morning and ordered from Rocky Mountain Vapor the iStick Pico full kit which included the Melo 3 mini, (figured for that price it's worth giving it a try). I also ordered the Triton mini because I really like the idea of top loading my ejuice. And of course I picked up some spare coils, (Aspire Clapton Coils 1.8ohm & Melo TC Ni .15ohm).

Now to go buy some ejuice :)

Reactions: DingerCPA

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I love my Pico/Melo combo. I also have Nauti minis and fulls. Recently grabbed an Atlantis2 that was <$10 because of coil compatibility.

I don't care for the wide-bore tip on A2, but an adapter is on its way to make it compatible with 510 drip tips.

Don't have the Triton's, but I'm using the Clapton coils in my Nautis.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
So I pulled the trigger this morning and ordered from Rocky Mountain Vapor the iStick Pico full kit which included the Melo 3 mini, (figured for that price it's worth giving it a try). I also ordered the Triton mini because I really like the idea of top loading my ejuice. And of course I picked up some spare coils, (Aspire Clapton Coils 1.8ohm & Melo TC Ni .15ohm).

Now to go buy some ejuice :)

Just a quick note that the Melo 3 is also top fill, and honestly, once you go top fill, you won't go back to the savage ways of taking a tank apart to refill it. But between the Melo 3 and the Melo2, I prefer the Melo2's sliding side door a lot more... I tend to hate multiple pieces that needs to be put down or juggled.

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
Hi All,

Pulling the trigger tomorrow and will be ordering my iStick Pico but after reading some reviews I don't think I'll be going with the Melo 3 mini because people are saying the flavor is meh...

There's nothing wrong with the Melo 3 Mini. It's actually a great little tank. The "meh" part is the flavor from the Eleaf EC coils. Luckily, the M3M can use a variety of different coils, including Vaporesso ccells, which I highly recommend.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
There's nothing wrong with the Melo 3 Mini. It's actually a great little tank. The "meh" part is the flavor from the Eleaf EC coils. Luckily, the M3M can use a variety of different coils, including Vaporesso ccells, which I highly recommend.

Yup... I've used the Eleaf coils, wasn't impressed, read multiple feedback that the Aspire ones are even worse. I've used the Vaperasso and really liked them for a while, but found that they gummed up way too fast and don't last long. I've taken to taking them apart and rebuilding with NI200 28 Gauge and my rebuilds are 100x better. (and the Vaperasso coils shells are fantastic shells to use for rebuilds)

Reactions: LeeLee26
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread