White Cloud Flings - Fast Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
four2109, White Cloud customer support tells me Flings use Lithium Ion batteries, "which contain no acid", and that this substance is most likely just adhesive used to attach the plastic cover over the battery. I'm honestly not entirely convinced. I've saved the Fling in question and will test some of the substance with a pH strip. If it's near neutral pH maybe I'll relax, but if it is acid I plan to investigate further. It is definitely a powder that has hardened, but it's easily broken apart. I absolutely believe I could have inhaled whatever it is if I'd puffed harder. And I am VERY suspicious of the other Fling that draws very hard. I may disassemble it to see if it's similar.

Customer service gave me a 10% off coupon. (I had requested a replacement of this one and the one hard-to-draw, which would have been 20% of a 10 Fling order.) They encouraged me to return any that don't draw easily, and they'd replace those, too. They wouldn't pay the postage to do that, of course. I'm more inclined to do some testing on them, just to satisfy my own fears/curiosity. I think that's worth the $3 minus postage that a replacement Fling would cost.
(update: they did mail me free replacements for both Flings, so I didn't have to pay any shipping.)

Here is a picture of the one that wouldn't draw, along with a "normal" one for comparison. You all can be the judge.... I'll post results from the pH test when I find my test strips.

Attachments

• WC3.jpg
    WC3.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

keithwhat

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2013
Long Island, NY
Just got my 10 pack this weekend. Cant complain at all, I broke open 8 of the ten to try the flavors, no issues with any. I'm loving the Banana.

All have great vapor IMO. I ordered extra strength for all except Banana, and it definitely hits me. The Banana is full strength, and I think I would step down to that if I order again.

Throat Hit is pretty strong on the extra strength, and a bit smoother on the Banana (full). I'm a noob, so I'm Not sure it nic content is supposed dictate TH or not.

Espresso was nice, Iced Berry was as well. Zero K had strong menthol flavor. Bad Apple seemed weak on the flavor content.
Regular was my least favorite.

Overall, I am happy with the purchase.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Throat Hit is pretty strong on the extra strength, and a bit smoother on the Banana (full). I'm a noob, so I'm Not sure it nic content is supposed dictate TH or not.

I ordered the Double Extra Strength the first time, the first few hits were almost painful, burnt my tongue. Since then I stick to the Extra ...

Rdizl

Jul 13, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Never tried the flings or mini flings, but the Mini Flings are on sale for $.99 each when you buy 10 or more.

I ordered about 35 in various flavors to try as well as a case. At under $50 for 35 minis (a 25 order and a 10 order) with a case it was too good of a deal to pass up. After I find the flavors I like I will probably order more because of the convenience of using and tossing while out and about, but keep my Mod for at home.

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
Never tried the flings or mini flings, but the Mini Flings are on sale for $.99 each when you buy 10 or more.

I ordered about 35 in various flavors to try as well as a case. At under $50 for 35 minis (a 25 order and a 10 order) with a case it was too good of a deal to pass up. After I find the flavors I like I will probably order more because of the convenience of using and tossing while out and about, but keep my Mod for at home.

Thanks for the heads up, I've been meaning to try these so I bit and ordered 10. W/ shipping they're $1.50/ea. I'm a fan of Njoy Kings (minus their price) and will be curious to compare the two against each other. I ordered XX and X strength as that's the closest level to the Njoy Kings they offer. I found the 3.0% Kings were too weak in the mini form and use their 4.5%. Now if I vaped these levels on my Genisis mod it'd blow my head off!

I also like disposables for certain occasions where taking my mod isn't practical. If these are as good as the Kings I'll be happy. I've tried the Krave Kings and they were not near as good as Njoy's.

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
Turbo, Don't be too disappointed if they don't last as long as a King. Apparently they are rejects that WC is unloading at a discount. 500,000 of them. The site says "50 puff Trial Size", compared to the packaging that says 100-200 puffs. I guess they were either made with a smaller battery, or maybe not fully charged. I think I got one in my last regular mini order, because it had a noticeably shorter life.
I also got another email from them polling whether to keep the minis or not. I like them but would prefer a midi, like a standard 510 size if it would increase the battery life. I find the regular Flings to be to big, and a harder draw.
Still for $1.50, they are a good deal for the times you want a disposable.

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
Turbo, Don't be too disappointed if they don't last as long as a King. Apparently they are rejects that WC is unloading at a discount. 500,000 of them. The site says "50 puff Trial Size", compared to the packaging that says 100-200 puffs. I guess they were either made with a smaller battery, or maybe not fully charged. I think I got one in my last regular mini order, because it had a noticeably shorter life.
I also got another email from them polling whether to keep the minis or not. I like them but would prefer a midi, like a standard 510 size if it would increase the battery life. I find the regular Flings to be to big, and a harder draw.
Still for $1.50, they are a good deal for the times you want a disposable.

Thanks for the info, that would probably explain why they're so cheap... It'd be nice if Njoy or White Cloud would make these more affordable all the time. I'm ok w/ shorter batt life in a disposable that mimics an analog but to pass off undercharged or the like isn't quite kosher, but as you said, they're still a good deal for occasional use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread