SilverBear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
Beyond the "flavour change thing"...

Reuters:

White House weakened draft of FDA's proposed tobacco regulations

Interesting:
"In its draft, the FDA had proposed "prohibition of non-face-to-face sales (e.g. vending
machines)." That would have opened the door to a ban on online sales. But OMB edited the
sentence so that the prohibition refers only to vending machines."

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Beyond the "flavour change thing"...

Reuters:

White House weakened draft of FDA's proposed tobacco regulations

Interesting:
"In its draft, the FDA had proposed "prohibition of non-face-to-face sales (e.g. vending
machines)." That would have opened the door to a ban on online sales. But OMB edited the
sentence so that the prohibition refers only to vending machines."
I don't really care what the OMB did, it wasn't enough. They let the regulations pass as we've seen them, which is enough to kill the industry if unchallenged. They didn't do us any favors.

I also believe that the states are who control online sales/shipping, and they're not giving us a free pass either.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
I don't really care what the OMB did, it wasn't enough. They let the regulations pass as we've seen them, which is enough to kill the industry if unchallenged. They didn't do us any favors.

I also believe that the states are who control online sales/shipping, and they're not giving us a free pass either.
Well, I'm glad they made the changes, but, yeah, not nearly enough, and the OMB certainly did not do their mandatory job.

They let phony science through, ignored proper science, and looked the other way regarding dishonest economic impact analysis, massively burdensome and vague requirements for PMTA, and the insane grandfather date's consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread