Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
But doesn't it decline as the battery drains?

Yes... Yes it does.

(3.7v x 3.7v) / 1.2 Ohms = 11.4 Watts

Set your Regulated mod at 11.4 Watts for your 1.2 Ohm Coil to get an idea of what a Mech would be like at the Tail End of it's Battery Life.

Reactions: Marc411

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
Yes... Yes it does.

(3.7v x 3.7v) / 1.2 Ohms = 11.4 Watts

Set your Regulated mod at 11.4 Watts for your 1.2 Ohm Coil to get an idea of what a Mech would be like at the Tail End of it's Battery Life.
Lol seeing all these pictures of people needing plastic surgery on their faces after mechs have blown up i doubt I'd ever let a mech get anywhere near its tail end of battery life

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Lol seeing all these pictures of people needing plastic surgery on their faces after mechs have blown up i doubt I'd ever let a mech get anywhere near its tail end of battery life

A Mechanical mod has the Potential to cause Serious Injury. But so does a Automobile, or a Chainsaw, or even a Kitchen Knife.

So much comes down to Proper Use, Choice of Battery, User Understanding, and in many cases the Design of the Mechanical Mod.

I do Not Fear my Mechanical Mods. But I have a Very Healthy Respect for what can happen if Mechanical Mod is used Incorrectly. And have a Heightened sense of Attention to Details when I use one verses when I use a Regulated Mod.

:)

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
zoiDman great posts.

Like anything else education is key so do some research.

I was a little intimated before I went to my first mech. I researched, read and I still meter all my builds, make sure that my batteries are all wrapped properly and when the vape starts getting weak I swap my battery out. When it come's to e-pipes going unregulated will offer a ton more selection.

If your not a chain vaper a 18500 or 18650 will last most of the day.

Don't cut corners, build, meter and just be smart. Any regulated mod will allow you to meter and tweak your builds. Once your set up on a regulated switch it over to your pipe. I use the coil master meter which works pretty well.

And Ken will build you a beautiful pipe.

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
30459180265_f992494511_z.jpg

This is my Gandalf style from EPM.

I also have a Smok Guardian 2 and Guardian 3 (pic below). The Guardian 3 is my out and about pipe.

25347582269_b15baf60a7_z.jpg

I am definitely thinking of picking up the Elitar. $42 from fasttech? Definitely a good buy.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA

That's not a bad looking pipe to tell the truth. It looks like (to me) that they didn't use the adaptor that was a PITA on their first one.

There is one really good discussion on it with some real world pics from someone who has it.
What a nice little e-pipe.: FastTech Forums

The writer states it looks better in person and has a very nice finish. He does have a picture with it next to a Guardian III and this pipe is small compared to that.

The week point on this is the internal battery. Not sure I want to wait for it to come through customs.

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That's not a bad looking pipe to tell the truth. It looks like (to me) that they didn't use the adaptor that was a PITA on their first one.

There is one really good discussion on it with some real world pics from someone who has it.
What a nice little e-pipe.: FastTech Forums

The writer states it looks better in person and has a very nice finish. He does have a picture with it next to a Guardian III and this pipe is small compared to that.

The week point on this is the internal battery. Not sure I want to wait for it to come through customs.

I did think that it had Quite a Bit of Style.

And you are Right. If I was to get one, I would try to find it State Side. Verses having to go something like Netherlands Post to get it from China.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Actually mechs are least dangerous with a weak battery. It's with regulated mods where the tail end is the risky side of the charge cycle.

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
How do i block members on here?
So I found this at My Vapor Store this morning - Joye Elitar Pipe Kit $49.95 if anyone wanted to get this from a US vendor. Looks like they only have the Black and Silver in stock.
i decided to trade my pipe for the mod you see in my pic, but i miss it already... think ill get a 18490 poker...

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I recently got one of the elitar pipes from FT in wood(brown). I was never a pipe smoker but for some time have really been wanting to try an epipe. It seems a little awkard to me. I'm wondering if it wouldn't seem more natural with a curved tip? I don't want to buy a high end tip to start out with so I wonder where would be the best place to get a couple inexpensive ones to try?

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 6, 2016
    I recently got one of the elitar pipes from FT in wood(brown). I was never a pipe smoker but for some time have really been wanting to try an epipe. It seems a little awkard to me. I'm wondering if it wouldn't seem more natural with a curved tip? I don't want to buy a high end tip to start out with so I wonder where would be the best place to get a couple inexpensive ones to try?
    Freighttrainmods

Attachments

• IMG_2719.JPG
      IMG_2719.JPG
      301.3 KB · Views: 39
    Reactions: hittman

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 6, 2016
    Oh sorry i completely misread your question, I'd reccomend ebay/fasttech

Reactions: hittman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread