Who is reading the Electronic Cigarette News and Campaigning subforum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I read more than I post, but here nonetheless. I'm getting more and more updates on facebook because its easier on my phone to check throughout the day. Coming into the forum is more of a time commitment.

I mention that as a reminder about how things work now; ECF is more like a portal and one viewer will take a story from here, post to their page and send out to a few hundred or thousand others. The ones I'm connected to elsewhere I trust are passing on what I need to know since I can't stay up on everything.

I also have to restrain myself because running into the same bs becomes disheartening. Adding a "filter" keeps me from burning out. Kudos to those that can keep at it. Sincerely. Many, like me, owe you much.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
I have to wonder how many people read this section of the forum but very rarely post.

It always concerns me how few posters (outside of a core group) post around these parts.
So I was hoping maybe some of you lurkers could let us know you're out there.

Maybe if you could take a moment to just post a "Hello" in this thread?
I think many of us would really like to know you're out there.
:)

Hello DC2 and the fellow vapers out there!! Been vaping for about 9 months now and lovin every aspect. Found ECF about 2 months in. The experience and knowledge here has been vital to the vape journey. That said, there is so much going on in the vape world it was overwhelming for me at first but consumed me when I figured it out (still learning of course ;) ).
There is so much hype around vaping right now, a lot of it negative, it is hard not to wonder: from all that is being said, what is being done? Led me here.
I can read stuff on this site for hours. I'll certainly chime in with anything relevant. I'll try to keep the sarcasm to a minimum. Vape on.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
So based on the replies here, and various other investigations I have done...

It appears that the majority of electronic cigarette advocacy efforts have moved to Facebook.
That's probably for the best, although it leaves me out the loop.

I'd rather eat roasted ANTZ than use Facebook for anything.
:laugh:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com

It appears that the majority of electronic cigarette advocacy efforts have moved to Facebook.

I don't use it much, but it's handy for logins. If I want to give something attention, I prefer Twitter. It's funny, I got a Twitter acct in 2010, but had "ONE" follower... until I started using it for e-cig stuff, in early 2014; now I have 219. :D So anything I tweet, I know at least 219 people will see it. :D

Andria

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Oh I agree so much I couldn't agree more. It's unfortunate that I have to use that Facebook thing at all, but some people I want to stay in electronic contact with don't even use email anymore.. Between that and the anti-vape thing, what is this world coming to? :blink:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    I don't Facebook, I don't Twit, I don't Instagram, I don't text, or any of those other thingies.
    If someone can't email me, or use the telephone, I have no use for them.

I'm not willing to provide "instant access" to those around me, other than my wife.
    And that's what my cell phone number is for.

I give it out sparingly.
    Very sparingly.

I prefer to use my time the way I see fit...
    Not how others want to force me to use my time...
    :shrug:

Lessifer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 5, 2013
    Sacramento, California

I dislike talking to people with the attention span of a mayfly, I dislike using software designed for those people even more. That said, I use fb when I have to, like for vape advocacy. It appears that most of the heavy hitters have moved there and Twitter. Sad, but forums aren't for everyone.

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 30, 2011
    Behind you
    It appears that the majority of electronic cigarette advocacy efforts have moved to Facebook. That's probably for the best, although it leaves me out the loop.

I came back to ECF because Facebook's tendency to devolve into vapid meaningless snips was worse than anything I've ever seen at ECF. And, to be frank, that's saying a lot ..

One of the first things I did on my return was enjoy the relative levity of advocacy, health, etc. discussions here versus what I saw on Facebook.

I'd go so far as saying the current XenForo ECF makes ECF a lot easier to 'make less noisy' than the old ECF when I left some three years ago.

Cheers, -Mags

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    angryvaper.crypticsites.com
    I dislike talking to people with the attention span of a mayfly, I dislike using software designed for those people even more. That said, I use fb when I have to, like for vape advocacy. It appears that most of the heavy hitters have moved there and Twitter. Sad, but forums aren't for everyone.

I use those social media gadgets strictly for publicizing great articles on vaping -- or if ECF is down, then I'll use twitter as a (very lacking!) substitute -- it got me thru back in April when ECF was down for the software conversion.

Andria

Reactions: Lessifer

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    I don't Facebook, I don't Twit, I don't Instagram, I don't text, or any of those other thingies.
    If someone can't email me, or use the telephone, I have no use for them.

I'm not willing to provide "instant access" to those around me, other than my wife.
    And that's what my cell phone number is for.

I give it out sparingly.
    Very sparingly.

I prefer to use my time the way I see fit...
    Not how others want to force me to use my time...
    :shrug:

:D

I do text, though. I have two kids in college--I have no choice. :lol:

Reactions: Lessifer

philoshop

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2014
    geneva, ny, usa
    Social media is about being speaking your mind. A discussion forum is about, well, discussion of what's on your mind. Profess vs discuss.
    Most everyone has an opinion, but very few are capable of intelligently discussing what's on their mind.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread