Who is still smoking that analog in the morning and can't break the habit (me for 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
Hey,

so I can get through most of the day with just vaping and not smoking. I used to be a 1.5 - 2 pack a day smoker. I'm down to about 5-7 analogs a day, and they are mostly habitual.

I'm not really enjoying the analogs, and sometimes i don't even finish them, but the habit is there, and in the morning i have tried and tried again to just vape instead of smoke, but I always go to the morning analog, and i must admit, nothing can replace that as of this moment in time. I think in the future, i'll be able to cut down on the analog to work, analog after dinner and analog before bed. That is 4 analogs down from 2 packs, but mind you - i'm vaping all day at 36mg, i take about 10-12 big tokes every 45 minutes at my desk at work and i've seriously been able to stop the analogs. My only issue is i think my daily intake is higher than normaly. A normal analog containts 8mg of nicotine in each cancer stick, after burning, decomposition due to heat, evaporation due to heat, and ash, we only end up with 1mg-2mg of nicotine per analog, so 36mg x 12 draws is extremely high in terms of nicotine. I should probably lower my intake and see if i get any withdrawal symptoms, but i wont do that yet because i like the fact that i don't "need" a real cigarette at this point, i will stay like this until I lower the nic level and then see how i feel then.

I'm derailing from the point, so are there still people out there that find that analogs cannot be replaced in the morning, during coffee, after dinner and before bed? and if you did break these few last habitual smokes, what did you do to help, because i try to vape in the morning right when i wake, but honestly, all it does is make me crave an analog even more because if feels like i'm just getting a tease when compared to smoking an analog.

What do you guys think ?

DarKm4773r

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
Washington State
Hey,

so I can get through most of the day with just vaping and not smoking. I used to be a 1.5 - 2 pack a day smoker. I'm down to about 5-7 analogs a day, and they are mostly habitual.

I'm not really enjoying the analogs, and sometimes i don't even finish them, but the habit is there, and in the morning i have tried and tried again to just vape instead of smoke, but I always go to the morning analog, and i must admit, nothing can replace that as of this moment in time. I think in the future, i'll be able to cut down on the analog to work, analog after dinner and analog before bed. That is 4 analogs down from 2 packs, but mind you - i'm vaping all day at 36mg, i take about 10-12 big tokes every 45 minutes at my desk at work and i've seriously been able to stop the analogs. My only issue is i think my daily intake is higher than normaly. A normal analog containts 8mg of nicotine in each cancer stick, after burning, decomposition due to heat, evaporation due to heat, and ash, we only end up with 1mg-2mg of nicotine per analog, so 36mg x 12 draws is extremely high in terms of nicotine. I should probably lower my intake and see if i get any withdrawal symptoms, but i wont do that yet because i like the fact that i don't "need" a real cigarette at this point, i will stay like this until I lower the nic level and then see how i feel then.

I'm derailing from the point, so are there still people out there that find that analogs cannot be replaced in the morning, during coffee, after dinner and before bed? and if you did break these few last habitual smokes, what did you do to help, because i try to vape in the morning right when i wake, but honestly, all it does is make me crave an analog even more because if feels like i'm just getting a tease when compared to smoking an analog.

What do you guys think ?

I suggest that you change your morning ritual. eg. Switch to tea, instead of coffee. Just change it up and it'll trick your brain.

bornagainst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
www.villagermt.com
I only have one a day...and its that dreaded morning analog.

When I first started vaping, I suffered strange bouts of depression and mood swings, which is NOT my style.

I find that I have the morning analog, and don't even want one the rest of the day....and no mood swings.

Belletrist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2009
Virginia
that one was the killer for me but i just... went ahead and had it. i typically vaped first, then if i still wanted it (i did, lol), i'd smoke, and then i'd vape a bit after. but they just got nastier and nastier and less worth it to me. i'm not sure when the last one i had was, really, cause for a while i was basically just lighting one every morning and then putting it out.

i really suggest not stressing too much right now; think of all the cigs you're not smoking, you know? keep building your vaping habit, and it'll overshadow those last few cravings. ;)

Valhalla1

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2009
USA
bitvapes.com
we only end up with 1mg-2mg of nicotine per analog, so 36mg x 12 draws is extremely high in terms of nicotine

I hope you aren't thinking you are getting 36mg of nicotine in every drag of vape... also as I understand it you absorb the nic less efficiently from vapor than you do with analog smoke, also analogs contain other chemicals which enhance the absorption speed of nicotine, which were added to boost the effects of the nic since the cig makers weren't allowed to simply jack up the nicotine content of the cigs

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
that one was the killer for me but i just... went ahead and had it. i typically vaped first, then if i still wanted it (i did, lol), i'd smoke, and then i'd vape a bit after. but they just got nastier and nastier and less worth it to me. i'm not sure when the last one i had was, really, cause for a while i was basically just lighting one every morning and then putting it out.

i really suggest not stressing too much right now; think of all the cigs you're not smoking, you know? keep building your vaping habit, and it'll overshadow those last few cravings. ;)

I agree Belletrist, its definitely a hard one to break away from. Especially when i've been smoking since i was 14 and i'm not 28, and the last 16 years as soon as my feet hit the floor from the bed, i'm going outside to smoke a cig, or going to the garage to smoke a cig. so its' very hard to break that coffee/cig/foxnews habit, but i should change it up a bit and see how that goes. I've tried many times to just vape in morning, and i've done it, and it has worked, but only for about 30 minutes, lol. Then i just really can't stop thinking about it and end up having the analog. I've already saved so much money that I really should be thinking positively, i'm just getting depressed because i really dont see myself NOT smoking that morning analog, but i guess in time it could go away. I went from 2 packs a day 8$ a pack in jersey, to 5-6 cigs a day, so i'm really saving money, although i'm spending more on this whole new compulsive ecig gadget itch that i have, but i'm sure that will blow over and soon it will just be battery, atty, cart, liquid and thats it, and i'll be saving lots of money once i've found the right combo. just gotta stop buying stuff :)

I purchased a tornado battery to simplify my life and it has so far, i'm getting a whole day out of it, vs. a pcc with a 510 and constantly rotating batteries, so thats one way i simplified the ecig. I think once i make it simple, it will be a better way for me to enjoy it.

Ajaxus

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
South Bend, IN
I cheated and had one after work tonight, noticed right away that I worked through it slower than I usually do..and tossed it sooner than I usually do. Typically I have 3 on my way home from work, tonight was just the one..vaping got me through the drive just fine after the one.

I'll probably allow myself one a day until my current pack is finished..while I'm still adjusting, then go straight to vaping after that. We'll see tomorrow morning if I stick to my PV or not..

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
I hope you aren't thinking you are getting 36mg of nicotine in every drag of vape... also as I understand it you absorb the nic less efficiently from vapor than you do with analog smoke, also analogs contain other chemicals which enhance the absorption speed of nicotine, which were added to boost the effects of the nic since the cig makers weren't allowed to simply jack up the nicotine content of the cigs

i totally agree with you there, i know i'm not getting 36mg for each vape, but after 10-12 vapes, i'd like to think i'm getting more than the allotted 1mg of nicotine that an analog comes with. Plus during the beginning phase, when you have tons of flavor, you're suckin on that thing all day, so ive been giving myself headaches and buzzes for the past 4 weeks, lol. So i'm definitely taking in more nicotine than I should, but i have to come up with a formula to match a regular pack of cigarette nicotine intake, vs. vaping intake to see how my body reacts when i match it or come close to matching the MG per day of absorption.

DarKm4773r

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
Washington State
I do have to congratulate you on your cutting down smoking. You're doing a great job... Just keep telling yourself that. Don't force yourself to quit, otherwise, you'll smoke more due to stressing about not smoking. Just go about your daily life and one day, you'll just notice, "Hey... This is my first cig since two days ago." It'll all work out in due time.

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
Actually a normal analog only has 1 mg of nicotine, not 8mg.

Hi, yes, that is exactly what I wrote in the OP. Thank you for confirming.

A normal analog containts 8mg of nicotine in each cancer stick, after burning, decomposition due to heat, evaporation due to heat, and ash, we only end up with 1mg-2mg of nicotine per analog

Valhalla1

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2009
USA
bitvapes.com
i totally agree with you there, i know i'm not getting 36mg for each vape, but after 10-12 vapes, i'd like to think i'm getting more than the allotted 1mg of nicotine that an analog comes with.

yeah I agree 12 big drags of 36mg and you should be getting more nic than 1 cig. I wish there were more/better lab studies done on bloodstream nicotine content during vaping to give us solid numbers to work with

debook

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
CO
Give it time...if you are down from 2 packs a day to a only few and vaping it won't be long before you are ready to move to all vaping. Its a process and a mindset along with a change in habit, just be happy that you have already drastically reduced the amount of crap you put in your body and push it further a little each day.

I had to find the flavor that I looked forward to in the morning, surprisingly its not a tobacco flavor but a french vanilla coffee that goes well with my morning cuppa and has a good throat hit. Plus, since I don't have to get up early for the morning cigs before showering (like I used to - minimize the stink) I can sleep an extra 20 minutes and vape in the car.

Good luck, keep us posted.

catlvr

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
Kern County California
I had the same problem when I first started. Wanted that first morning ciggy real bad. What got me through it was bumping up the mgs. I started using 48mg when the cravings were bad and it got me right through them. Now that I no longer have any cravings I'm back down to 36mg pretty much all day and 24mg during stress free days and at night. Only took about a week of using 48 mg to get rid of all cravings. Don't be too hard on yourself it takes some of us more time than others to quit.

Vapinginjapan

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
I'd be willing to bet that even if you have huge drags, you're getting as much as an analog.

Normally I've heard 1ml = 300 drags. So about 1/10th of a mg per drag. So 12 drags of 36 will get you about 1.5mg of nicotine. Nasal bioavilibility is about 65%, i'd imagine oral would be similar. so that'd put you straight at 1mg.

So 36mg is probably about right.

billo

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Wesley Chapel, FL
JuniorNA--

You must be my twin. Exactly the same with me. 4-7 cigs a day, and must have one in morning and before sleeping. Except it has taken over 6 months after starting vaping to get here.

My attitude is that it really beats my old 30 a day. Also, I was at 5 a day several months ago and it crept up to 10-12. (It came back down when I found a better flavor for me, and getting a 510 also helped. I was using, and still also use an 801.)

So, I'd suggest that you count your glass mostly full and try to stay at that level
for several months, at least, before worrying too much ! That's what I plan to do.

I fell SO much better at 5 than at 30 a day.

Best of luck !

P.S. I'm using 26 mg juice and I've got to try stronger in the morning as suggested above and by MANY other people. Also, I agree that I don't think I'm getting as much nicotine as the calculations seem to show, probably because not as much is absorbed.

Last edited:

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
yeah i will def. change it up once the weather gets warm again. Right now as soon as i get up i have to bundle up to take the dog out and that warm cig in the cold, morning walk is very hard to beat while having coffee in my hand, and leash in the other. So like you guys said, i'm not going to worry about it and enjoy the fact that i cut down my analog intake by 75-80%, EVEN THOUGH i attribute that to inhaling copious amounts of nicotine during this early testing phase, i'm hoping to maintain the 5-7 analogs even when i settle in and find my juice and stick with one thing and get over the initial toy stage of it.

shadowcptn

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
Northern Illinois
Hello forum readers!

My name is Liz and I live in Northern Illinois; this is my first post. I have smoked 2-packs of Marlboro reds/Marlboro Menthol (I switch due to inhalation problems) for a full 28 years. I've cut back to roughly 1/2 pack of analog ciggies per day for the last 5 years due to (once again) inhalation issues. The "inhalation issue" that I speak of is that it just plain old hurts to smoke more than 1/2 pack - that major heavy chested feeling that some of us are no doubt familiar with.

I have been trying to quit smoking for at least 10 years. I've never been able to give up that morning analog cigarette... Until now!

Today is day five of not smoking first thing in the morning. I feel wonderful. I'm already down to a maximum of five analog (Marlboro) ciggies, while using two different e-ciggies. The Joye 510 and the "Health e-cigarette." I use and enjoy them both.

I feel so free not having to light up, especially first thing in the morning!

I would like to thank my friends for helping me to discover the e-cigarette, and for helping me to find this forum. Breaking the habit of that first morning analog ciggie is the best feeing in the world.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post,

Liz

First e-ciggie use: 2-15-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread