Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceegary

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Phoenix
I highly doubt WTA is on their screen yet, but E-cigs are. Apparently Reynolds already ran a test market in Australia and many smart people believe that BT will be in the market eventually.

I have a question... WTA is made in the US with US tobacco plants, right? Does this means we can see Big tobacco interested on the ecig business any time in the foreseeable future? Or is this like a small tobacco group doing this?

brittanyNI

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2011
New England
... you will not become more attractive. ...

Speak for yourself! I become more attractive every day! If you don't believe it, just ask me! :)

Seriously, I'd like to try a 5ml bottle. I still smoke 5 analogs or so a day. That's a lot better than the 25 a day I used to smoke, but it would be better to smoke zero.

Carmiol

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2011
Costa Rica
There are two vendors selling this product from my research.

Ok, but my question is, this guys need to get the tobacco from somewhere. Its not like the are making this from tobacco plants planted in their backyard. On a post before they said they use 1% of the tobacco plant and the other 99% gets thrown away. Just wondering if they were getting it from BT or a BT supplier or something similar. Sounded like the first steps of BT getting in the game... (instead of just attacking or ignoring it)

LMP

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
SLC Utah
TB, is a legend. However a pint would only get him by for the day.

For those who don't know about TB (Tropical Bob) look him up. Watch one of his videos, sit back, and enjoy.

Are you guys making this WTA nicotine or buying it somewhere? If you are making it do you plan on selling unflavored for DIY in the future?

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Ok, got a question for the experts... I currently DIY at 6mg/ml nicotine strength. Would I want to (and could I) dilute the WTA nicquid to an equivalent level, or leave it as is and only use it occasionally? Would it make more sense to use it as an additive to my existing tobacco-flavored DIY mixes?
I'm no expert, but I plan to use it as an additive for when the need strikes.
Being a dripper makes it much easier because I can add a drop whenever needed.

For those using cartomizers, tanks, or juice feeders, it seems you need to figure out how to handle it.
I suggest dripping until you learn what your real needs might be.
:)

DVap

Nicotiana Alchemia
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
Ok, got a question for the experts... I currently DIY at 6mg/ml nicotine strength. Would I want to (and could I) dilute the WTA nicquid to an equivalent level, or leave it as is and only use it occasionally? Would it make more sense to use it as an additive to my existing tobacco-flavored DIY mixes?

(Just a quick parenthetical, I'm not here to answer many of the questions... those are best left for Jerry. I'm the geeky technical minded guy).

Randy,

First I should ask you a question. Since you're vaping at 6 mg, a comparatively low level, do you have any problems with analog cravings? If that 6 mg is doing good for you, and you're happy with it, ask yourself if you really want to add WTA to your regimen.

One could, presumably, dilute a WTA down to any low level desired.

radiokaos

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
www.aromaejuice.com
Ok gang....

Some of the same questions keep coming up and I feel weird quoting myself. It reminds me when people talk about themselves in third person. :)

I will make a FAQ so others can reference. I will also answer the questions posted above or try to give my own insight.

One quick note....the search feature on this forum is very helpful. If you give it a try you will most likely see the answers you are looking for. If the search feature does not answer your questions please take a look at the WTA FAQ. I will make the FAQ into a "Sticky" so its there for easy reference. Please give me a little bit to put something together. I will have a FAQ up sometime tonight.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
radiokaos was kind enough to send me a sample of the F-82 Special Blend 22MG Ver 3.2 it seems to be an all VG very thick Nic liquid. I have to say what others are saying about it when it comes to TH,flavor, and the overall sensation using this liquid, and I do like the way it performs. So to radiokaos I say thank you and I also have to say YUP ENJOYED THE PRODUCT !

I have serious question HOWEVER on "PRICING" why in the world would this cost so much more than say a good 100mg high quality Nic. The extraction process must be easier I would think then the extracting 99.7-99.9 MG Nic extraction process. Seeing you have to worry about extracting the other Alkaloids I would think the extraction process would be simplified. There is also another vendor extracting Nic here in the states now and he has the best pricing going on Nic juice and its extracted right in NC from NC grown Flu Cured Tobacco leaf and when I compare his pricing to this WAT Nic it just doesn't add up to me. So I need to ask some questions here and to more than just radiokaos but for right now I have to ask him since he is marketing this product.

So my question stands Why So Expensive for this process ? and I'm not trying to derail the thread or hurt anyone's business here. I do like this product but the price I'm seeing turns me off from it Big Time. Heck I could throw some snus in my Nic if I wanted some of the Alkaloids that didn't come in my 99.9 clear Nic I currently use then DIY my juice. personally I would never pay $15 -5ML OR $28 -10ML of this product ( that's just me and I understand some may ). It just doesn't make much sense for me unless it is explained why there would be such a massive mark up. You can buy 100% USA Nic from NC grown Flu Cured tobacco leaf and extracted right here in the USA for $13.75 60ml's of 100MG for .25 per ML @ 60mls or so...so that's what something around $.25 per ml and this Nic will be 5ml for $15 that's $3 per ML compared to $0.25 per ML this would be approx 12X more expensive, either there is a great marketing system in place here to get people to buy this at 12X the price of some very good extracted 100mg clear Nic or your telling me the Extraction process is 12X more expensive here, when we know this just cant be, especially having to extract less of the plant rather than more leaving more of these Alkaloids in the extraction process would seem cheaper to do to me rather than more expensive than having to Extract a 99.9 pure Nic you extracting say a 90-95% Nic with this process of leaving the other Alkaloids in the extraction process or however it is done but it cant be 12X more expensive. I would stick with using some snus in my Nic myself but that's just me unless there could be a really really detailed explanation to me of why this WTA process is 12X more expensive which I think is blowing some creative marketing smoke.

So School me here radiokaos on why the 12X price difference and why this would be so much more expensive than say a really good all USA grown & Extracted clear 99.9 100 mg Nic juice if you could and again this is just what I see in front of me, I liked this product very much and thought it worked exceptionally well but I just dont see a lot of people or myself understanding the $3 per ml price tag that cost is as much as it would be to get a real smoke of not more ! Also if your not sure why the approx 12X difference in the extraction process maybe you can find out for me and the others that may want to know, or maybe Dvap could educate me also.

Thanks
MWA

Last edited:

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
OK have to admit I'm a little confused by this...arn't those extra chems, part of what we are trying to avoid with switching to ecigs?

Not really, no actually.. the WTAs aren't what you're trying to avoid. Mostly it's the other chemicals and the ~combustion~ that you're trying to avoid. The combustion being the biggest single overall factor. -Magnus

radiokaos

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
www.aromaejuice.com
Magnus you are correct. Take a look at Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs). That’s the real nasty stuff and it relates to the tar content when burning a analog cigarette. If others would like to start a "Harm reduction" thread I would be more than happy to discuss and be active in that thread.

I'm not a chemist but I can offer some citations of worthy journals which published extensive information regarding this topic at hand. When people ask me is it safe to vape regular ejuice I tell them no. Then they ask is it safer to vape then to smoke analogs. I also suggest that this is an unknown as well. Nicotine itself can lead to a slew of health issues after long term use. Nonetheless there can be trace carcinogens in Ejuice, NRT's, snus, chew, WTA and tobacco. Some of these products might have more harmful properties then others. If its a product derived or extracted from tobacco there is always a chance ingesting, absorbing, or inhaling these toxins. The extent of these harmful chemicals vary from substance.

If you have concerns about your health, my first suggestion would be...is to stop vaping and stop all consumption of nicotine products. While you are at it you might as well adjust your sodium, sugar, caffeine and fat intake as well. After you kicked the nic habit and switched your diet you might want to move high up in the mountains where the air is clean. Even then there are still pitfalls of with potential carcinogens in your beautiful mountain town. However since you are up there make sure to exercise daily, get plenty of sleep and maybe you will live a long and healthy life. One last note, while you are living the dream in the Mountain High Utopia please make sure you wear reflective clothes while jogging or walking, I would hate to read about someone who worked so hard to live a better life only for it to be taken from them when a drunk driver comes around a corner at 65 MPH. I lost a friend who's story is very similar to this. I know that sounds extreme and a little over the top....but I'm just trying to illustrate a point.

As I said earlier If others would like to talk about harm reduction just say the word and we can discuss options for a healthier lifestyle in a different sub forum. I'm not sure which one it is but I'm more then willing to partake in the discussions.

Last edited:

JustMeAgain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Springfield, MO
I really can't stress enough my belief that if you're content vaping traditional e-liquid, and you're not suffering from frequent analog cravings such that you find yourself backsliding into smoking, then WTA is something you really don't need (and Jerry will be happy to sell you the traditional liquids too!). WTA definitely "scratches the itch", but if you've not got the analog itch, then no need to be scratching at it!!

Backsliding? I wish I could have a chance to worry about falling off the wagon.

Despite the fact that I'm an 'old-timer' around here and have acquired quite a collection of equipment/liquids, I have yet to get even close to giving up cigarettes.

And the thing is I love, love, love vaping.

I don't have an itch...I have poison ivy. :p

I can't wait to try this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread