Status
Not open for further replies.

Guzz

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2014
Tempe, AZ
That overlay is a recent addition to the video, it wasn't there previously.

There are 4 major alkaloids in tobacco:
Anatabine
Anabasine
Nornicotine
Nicotine

Anatabine is being looked at for helping people with Alzheimer's.

Anabasine can be lethal in large doses. But the concentration in tobacco is really low (0.008 - 0.030 milligrams per gram of tobacco). You would suffer nicotine poisoning before being killed by Anabasine.

Nornicotine on it's own, isn't bad, but when tobacco is cured Nornicotine turns into N-Nitrosonornicotine, which is a carcinogen in lab animals, but no studies have related N-Nitrosonornicotine to cancer in humans for some reason.

Nicotine, there are books and books, about it and it's effects.

The big question is which of these alkaloids, or combination of, are the rest of us addicted to? No one knows, yet. Since nicotine accounts for 90% of the alkaloids in tobacco, everyone assumed that is what EVERYONE is addicted to. But obviously, there are those of us who don't fall into that category, since we can vape just nicotine and never get satisfied (personally I've accidently vaped to much to get nicotine poisoning a couple of times). Also we are also the small percentage of people who nicotine replacement therapies (NRT) (patches, gum, lozenges) have no effect.

The odd one is Chantix. For some reason, they have found that Chantix works on some of us who don't respond to conventional NRT. Mainly because it blocks several different receptors in the brain (not just nicotine). It's just that the side effects can be really bad (suicidal tendencies). Which is why there has been a renewed effort to look more deeply into tobacco addiction and try to find out which other alkaloids are addictive.

Last edited:

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
I mentioned Aroma's WTA on another thread. A poster said he found the website "very informative" but that the first video has a "very worrying overlay" and it scared him off.

I hadn't viewed the video before I purchased the WTA ejuice. And...now that I've experienced how it lifted my mental fog...it won't deter me from vaping WTA.

However...wondering if anybody here has any thoughts about the truth/validity of the somewhat dire overlay (header) on that video???

Video Reviews
I've noticed you reading about Aroma WTA from *way* back, from you "liking" my posts from ancient times.

I haven't been posting about it too much for awhile, but make no mistake it's all I vape. In fact I still and probably always will vape 24mg G.I. Joe WTA 99% of the time. Over three years of WTA all day every day. Me strong like bull and happy as clam.

That's about all I have to say. :)

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I've noticed you reading about Aroma WTA from *way* back, from you "liking" my posts from ancient times.

If one Googles WTA on ECF there are very few (non-Aroma) WTA threads...and they're ALL closed.

Dvap's quite informative blog was put up in 2010. But he states "WTA liquid is not commercially available, nor can it be extracted by DIY methods."

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/dvap/642-madame-psychosis-summary-pt-1.html

The http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-liquid-discussion/553603-my-experience-wta.html thread was what really piqued my interest in, at least, trying WTA. But the thread was CLOSED after the last post dated 7-14-2014.

Last edited:

radiokaos

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
www.aromaejuice.com
I see the video is gone from the Aroma site. Maybe a little birdie had something to do with it.

Jerry, set us all straight when you get a chance. ��

Hey Snork,

Sure thing. What questions do you have?

To start off anyone can make claims but if they don't have any evidence to support those claims it only makes them look irresponsible. I know that person doing that video overlay and hope to speak with him soon. However, anyone can make claims with no support or evidence to support those claims.

Alkaloids have not been considered the culprit to cause cancer when it comes to tobacco products. Its the Nitrosomines aka TSNA's which are linked to cancer. I have a post here in this thread discussing TSNA's, and possible concerns. Give me some time to dig it up. Nitrosamines occur in several things, including tobacco and meats. The curing process of tobacco is where TSNA's develop. However if you select a tobacco that does not use the traditional curing methods the chance for high levels of TSNA's to develop is negligible. I'm not a chemist but maybe DVAP might chime in to better explain this. Our chemist Dr. Fred, used a real good example illustrating that I should be more concerned on how I consume my meat because that also has Nitrosamines.

Last edited:

radiokaos

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
www.aromaejuice.com
That overlay is a recent addition to the video, it wasn't there previously.

There are 4 major alkaloids in tobacco:
Anatabine
Anabasine
Nornicotine
Nicotine

Anatabine is being looked at for helping people with Alzheimer's.

Anabasine can be lethal in large doses. But the concentration in tobacco is really low (0.008 - 0.030 milligrams per gram of tobacco). You would suffer nicotine poisoning before being killed by Anabasine.

Nornicotine on it's own, isn't bad, but when tobacco is cured Nornicotine turns into N-Nitrosonornicotine, which is a carcinogen in lab animals, but no studies have related N-Nitrosonornicotine to cancer in humans for some reason.

Nicotine, there are books and books, about it and it's effects.

The big question is which of these alkaloids, or combination of, are the rest of us addicted to? No one knows, yet. Since nicotine accounts for 90% of the alkaloids in tobacco, everyone assumed that is what EVERYONE is addicted to. But obviously, there are those of us who don't fall into that category, since we can vape just nicotine and never get satisfied (personally I've accidently vaped to much to get nicotine poisoning a couple of times). Also we are also the small percentage of people who nicotine replacement therapies (NRT) (patches, gum, lozenges) have no effect.

The odd one is Chantix. For some reason, they have found that Chantix works on some of us who don't respond to conventional NRT. Mainly because it blocks several different receptors in the brain (not just nicotine). It's just that the side effects can be really bad (suicidal tendencies). Which is why there has been a renewed effort to look more deeply into tobacco addiction and try to find out which other alkaloids are addictive.

Well said...

There has been some research on the nicotine receptors in the brain and how they "turn on". Their are 2 receptors in the brain that have been identified and linked with nicotine addiction. Guzz if you want... maybe you can help me write my thesis so I can be on my way to a PhD. :)

Last edited:

radiokaos

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
www.aromaejuice.com
I don't have any questions about WTA, you and DVap have answered them all. My questions would be like "I wonder why a guy would edit some old video just to have it include erroneous material?"

LOL...I don't know.

What do you think?

What does your gut tell you?

Heck someone said I was lying about when I started Aroma back in 2009. I referenced them to ECF and told them to LOOK at the Aroma Sub Forum and our first post.

Maybe we should invite him over here and ask him directly?

Last edited:

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
tumblr_inline_nl4g76OuVp1qfycud.jpg

Me...after 21 months of vaping nicotine-ejuice...then trying Aroma WTA-ejuice for the first time...

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
We were discussing the (non)availability of "Unflavored DIY Whole Tobacco Alkaloid (WTA)" in another thread and someone suggested:

They should have a pre-order. Then people could pay and they could make it and send it to people in the order that they ordered it.

Has this been considered?

(I've bought a number of my mods by...Pre-Order => Pay => Shipped when received from supplier...)

radiokaos

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
www.aromaejuice.com
We were discussing the (non)availability of "Unflavored DIY Whole Tobacco Alkaloid (WTA)" in another thread and someone suggested:

They should have a pre-order. Then people could pay and they could make it and send it to people in the order that they ordered it.

Has this been considered?

(I've bought a number of my mods by...Pre-Order => Pay => Shipped when received from supplier...)

It could be done....but we would rather have a constant supply and be able to meet the needs. My main concern is letting customers down if they don't get it right away. I'm pretty sure we had Unflavored WTA in stock most days this month. I think we had about 4-5 days of no DIY Unflavored WTA available. Let me get with the Aroma crew and try to brainstorm. I want to make a few changes and I"m open to other suggestions as well. So if you have a requests please let us know. Our main goal is to provide a excellent product in a fast and efficient way to fine people here on ECF.

Johntodd

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
USA
@radiokaos;

I know this isn't the type of idea you'd be disposed to consider, but consider it anyway.

We'd rather have the WTA than go back to smoking. I, for one, would purchase a "less than awesome" product if it were available all the time. Perhaps less filtering, or less chemical refinement would speed up the process?

As it is, your DIY is exceptionally well-made, but unavailable at times. I would purchase a less well-made product. I'd rather have the ability to buy anytime than wait for the better stuff. WTA is the difference between vaping and smoking, for me.

I guess you got me by the "short and curly" neurons. LMBO!

radiokaos

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
www.aromaejuice.com
@radiokaos;

I know this isn't the type of idea you'd be disposed to consider, but consider it anyway.

We'd rather have the WTA than go back to smoking. I, for one, would purchase a "less than awesome" product if it were available all the time. Perhaps less filtering, or less chemical refinement would speed up the process?

As it is, your DIY is exceptionally well-made, but unavailable at times. I would purchase a less well-made product. I'd rather have the ability to buy anytime than wait for the better stuff. WTA is the difference between vaping and smoking, for me.

I guess you got me by the "short and curly" neurons. LMBO!

You know that has been brought up before and I struggle with that.

I have a lot of batches that did not meet my expectations, but I just cant bring myself to putting it out on the market.

Dvap has set standards for me to uphold and I agree with him regarding those requirements.

If I cut corners than product quality could suffer which is something I'm not willing to sacrifice.

Would pre ordering help? Our batches are usually ready about every 5-7 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread