Status
Not open for further replies.

It's Only Me

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
On a cold wind to Valhalla
This is a review of WholeCigs 100% Unflavored W.T.A. E-Liquid.
Web site is at wholecig.com

I’ve been vaping this e-liquid for many months now and felt compelled to give a review. While WholeCig has flavors to offer, I will concentrate this review on WholeCig 100% VG Unflavored WTA which seems to be their premier (base) e-liquid. I’d like to comment on the WTA element and the unflavored aspect.

After reading numerous threads and articles (thanks to DVap, Mr.Mann and others) on WTA (Whole Tobacco Alkaloids), it made sense to me to try some e-liquid that contained the whole spread of tobacco alkaloids not just the nicotine alkaloid as in most e-liquid. It is said that vaping the whole spread of alkaloids from tobacco in their natural concentrations (95% nicotine/5% minor alkaloids) is extremely satisfying and I want to attest that this is a true statement. vaping just the nicotine alkaloid did very little to satisfy the ‘itch’ I used to quell with smoking regular cigarettes. While now vaping WTA, I found a real replacement for cigarettes and can now say that I will never smoke a ‘stinky’ again. The real difference for me between nic only e-liquid and WTA e-liquid is that instead of just getting very wired from vaping nic only, I now get my nic and also a calming effect, hence my use of the term satisfying.

I’ve read that some recommend WTA for those having a real problem quitting smoking which indeed I would also recommend, but my opinion differs in that I would recommend it for anyone who wants a more satisfying experience vaping.

I’d also like to comment on WholeCigs WTA unflavored e-liquid. I first started vaping WTA from a very well known (and friendly) vendor who has some very fine e-liquids. I still vape some of them today and probably always will. Unfortunately unflavored WTA liquid is not available from them, which I desire to add to other flavors from many other vendors. A surprising notion hit me though as I vaped unflavored. I really liked it. It’s clean and very neutral in flavor. Truly unflavored. I’ve read that some people posted that they taste various things in it, but I think it might be more their equipment that they are tasting. I’ve noticed that new hardware (wicks, etc.) should be used to vape unflavored. The only ‘taste’ I get is a very slight sweetness which is pleasurable. I should also mention that it appears to not need steeping (kind of makes sense to me) and it vapes so clean that my wicks and so forth stay really clean and last a whole lot longer even though it’s VG. The vapor is truly outstanding (100% VG) and the throat hit is very surprising. Substantial to say the least.

WholeCig sells their e-liquid in 30ml bottles which is what I buy but they also offer it in 10ml bottles where you can order a flavor ‘on the side’. You choose your flavor and, as a surprise to me, it comes in a little bottle that you can add how much you want to your unflavored. This is perfect for me as I don’t like my flavored e-liquid too strong. I started out adding 5 drops, then 10 and so on to about 5ml’s unflavored till I got what I wanted. It doesn’t get better than that for me. But I do find myself vaping the unflavored probably 90% or so of the time. Also, the unflavored seems to cleanse the palate while switching between flavors very well.

In conclusion, we buy and try e-liquid from hundreds of vendors. This is one that I would strongly recommend. WholeCig and WTA has a lot to offer.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Can recommend some of their flavors?

Have you tried the "WC" tobacco or the Chocolate Malt flavors?

I used to like WC until I tried it unflavored and their Professor Fresh tastes just like Dr. Pepper. Personally, I think that just adding your favorite eliquid is best (but adding the concentrated flavors will boost the flavor faster and without diluting the WTA too much at all). How much or how little will be determined by how much you can dilute the WTA and still get its benefits. There is another poster around here that adds the unflavored to all of her other flavors. How much, I don't know, but that's what she says she does.

p.s. I like the term "benefits" better than "effects," or maybe the "benefits of the effects"? Yeah! That's the ticket. :laugh:

So does anyone know how to mix these with the flavors?
Can it be vaped raw?

I know WTA is more for experts, but there's many newbies that will need it and just the mention of mixing things yourself will stop newbies like me from purchasing.

I vape it straight. Though I do DIY with it, I generally only do it with very small bottles (3 mL) as I really hate to adulterate the neutrality of the unflavored taste. Some people love it, some don't mind it, some people don't like it on its own (I happen to love the taste). It's like anything else regarding taste. Pick up a small bottle of concentrated flavoring and see whether you want it flavored or unflavored (test it both ways), or just add it to preexisting juices you have that you like the flavor of.

It's Only Me

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Can recommend some of their flavors?

Have you tried the "WC" tobacco or the Chocolate Malt flavors?
I have to admit that I'm not a fruity, dessert kind of person, so I haven't tried any of those. Since I've been vaping it's only been tobacco or unflavored. The first one I tried was WC. Didn't like it at first but it grew on me. It was a pre-mixed 30ml bottle, but as I mentioned in the review I like my flavors somewhat on the light side. So then I tried 0007 and Nor'Easter in the 10ml size. This is where you get the flavoring on the side. I like both very much and they are pretty much my other 10% vaping e-liquid. I put about 20 drops in about 5ml of unflavored.
Can it be vaped raw?

I know WTA is more for experts, but there's many newbies that will need it and just the mention of mixing things yourself will stop newbies like me from purchasing.
I vape it unflavored right out of the bottle. Perfectly fine that way. I think the way WholeCig sells their e-liquid, you don't have to be an expert. You can either vape it unflavored or add as many drops of flavor as you want till you get the amount of flavor you want. Believe me, I'm not a DIY'er. I know nothing about that stuff. But I can add drops of flavoring till I like it. Try it.:)

Reactions: Tinka1

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
$1+/ml??? Um, nope. No thank you. It better have pixie dust or some unicorn breath in it for that kind of price! I can extract tobacco just fine, thank you

I'm glad you enjoy the joose. I got into this with cost savings in mind. At that price, I'd be spending the same as stinkies @ 6ml/day (my average).

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
$1+/ml??? Um, nope. No thank you. It better have pixie dust or some unicorn breath in it for that kind of price! I can extract tobacco just fine, thank you

I'm glad you enjoy the joose. I got into this with cost savings in mind. At that price, I'd be spending the same as stinkies @ 6ml/day (my average).

That's cool too. Many people know I love my natural tobacco liquid. :thumbs:

I am sure you can extract tobacco by what, soaking in PG? Maybe PG/VG? Maybe alcohol? Crock pot? Yeah, I've done some of that DIY stuff too (with Virginia tobacco), and you're implication is correct--anyone can do that. This is not that, but soaking tobacco is awesome and a fun type of Martha Stewart-ish at-home project (but for vapers). It's like making tobacco tea. A true steep.

This is science. Not a DIY project (unless you are a chemist, or know one knowledgeable enough and willing to work with you). What WTA provides for those that use it, is not necessarily monetary savings, but the saving of themselves from a deadly habit (among other reasons). Though, you can still save plenty by using it, as many report a lessening of the need to "chase the vape" because they actually get satisfied with WTA, where nic-only liquid caused incessant vaping with results akin to drinking too much coffee, or just being teased. Nic-only liquid works for some, but sometimes people need the other minor alkaloids to satisfy. WTA works for some, and not for others. NRTs work for some, and not others. Snus works for some, and not others. Hell, cold turkey works for some, and not others (and that's the cheapest route if savings is the biggest issue). We're all different, and the pathway to achieve our goals will, ultimately, be different too.

WTA is more than nic-only, it is the full spread of alkaloids (major and minor) from tobacco in its original composition.

flowerpots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
my desk

But it does have unicorn breath in it; it's good stuff!

It's Only Me

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013

Ok. I can fully appreciate you looking at the cost issue, but which isn't as much as an issue for me because my Camels were $11 a pack in my state and I don't vape near 6ml's a day. So it's cost is relative.

You should try a little 10ml bottle though, it's different than the rest.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Ok. I can fully appreciate you looking at the cost issue, but which isn't as much as an issue for me because my Camels were $11 a pack in my state and I don't vape near 6ml's a day. So it's cost is relative.

You should try a little 10ml bottle though, it's different than the rest.

Hell, I have one PV (ProV) with about 40-50 attys (Joyes) and I got those at a good price. I don't chase mods. No. I don't chase RDAs or anything else (I do have a bit of an issue with liquid though, LOL). Yes, DIYing some types of liquid can save money, but it will still get spent elsewhere. Yes it will.

My savings with cigarettes goes much deeper than the cost of a pack of American Spirits (blue) or Nat Shermans. For me, smoking came with the price of a never ending bottle of alcohol and, well, a lot of other wasted money (don't ask). Once I stopped smoking, I saved probably 2 Provaris a week. The problem I was having and struggled with before WTA was that nic-only liquid got me racy, unsteady, jumpy, and uncomfortable if I vaped too much. How much is/was too much? It changes like Michigan weather. WTA provideds me an opportunity to have my spirit level send it's bubble to the center!

Bubble-Vial-LXBR043-.jpg

First time I ever said that was here: Metaphors, Similes and Analogies (that was in reference to Aroma's WTA). That was an old thread of mine--that thread was the time when I truly began to feel at home on ECF.

Last edited:

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there

Yeah, cost is a big issue for me too. But there really is something different about the feel of vaping when the 5% other alkaloids are left in the mix.

If this stuff was the same cost as regular nic, I'd use it all the time. As it is, I'm trying to see how little I can use per day to keep the satisfied feeling vs. the gotta keep vaping more-more-more that I sometimes get caught up in.

flowerpots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
my desk
I know cost is becoming an issue for me. I started out wanting to save money as well as my health by switching to vaping, but you have start-up costs of equipment and collecting enough juices to both steep and vape, so the cost savings doesn't happen right away for most. I stopped tallying my spreadsheet on what I've spent thus far because it really doesn't matter one way or the other. It is what it is. But, I get that people can't spend their mortgage payment on vaping. I know that since I started using WTA this week, and it's only been a week, so this is preliminary, I vape less nic-only liquid. So, I think it balances out - the cost of the WTA over not using 2-3 times as much nic-only liquid.

It's Only Me

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
I just come to realize another aspect of unflavored WTA that I wish I included in my review. That's stealth.
I can not vape at work. At least not be seen vaping at work. They have a pretty tough policy.

I was vaping light flavors in the past but I know a few people suspected (or at least smelled something) when I did.
With unflavored I vape whenever someone isn't watching and no one is the wiser.

I know this isn't a major issue for most people but must be for more than me.
Anyone else in the same boat?

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I just come to realize another aspect of unflavored WTA that I wish I included in my review. That's stealth.
I can not vape at work. At least not be seen vaping at work. They have a pretty tough policy.

I was vaping light flavors in the past but I know a few people suspected (or at least smelled something) when I did.
With unflavored I vape whenever someone isn't watching and no one is the wiser.

I know this isn't a major issue for most people but must be for more than me.
Anyone else in the same boat?

Sort of, but different altogether.

For me, being home with the baby all day, I can't vape, or better yet, I won't vape around her, or I have to wait for her nap. Now, on a day like today, she was up and fighting sleep. If I get a few seconds, I need a brief vape to be more than an in and out--I need to feel it. My "stealth" vaping of WTA results in a hit that has a feeling, and it echos. Two quick hits and it resonates beyond the exhale. Perfect. Back to Mr. Mommin' it.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Thanks for writing this review IOM:)
I agree and couldn't have said it better myself lol, except the part about the flavors. I've been vaping the unflavored 25mg WTA and love it. I am satisfied after vaping wholecig's unflavored WTA 25mg DIY all by itself. However, when I added some of the WC and 0007 to a few ml in separate bottles, it was ruined for me. (Thank god I only wasted a few mls.) There's something about some PG based flavors that I can't get past. I get a chemical perfumey smell and taste that is profoundly awful... [sort of like taking a deep sniff from a jug of vinegar, so nasty and quite a gagging reflex happens, for me anyway!] Same thing happened when I tried another vendor's flavored WTA eliquids but when I mentioned it to Ethan he said he never heard of that before and was so shocked at my analogy. (I didn't want money back and was in no way trying to disparage his product, I just wanted help in understanding my reaction. As it turns out, I can only assume that PG causes some flavors to react that way with me and so for the most part now, I try to stay away from them. Easy solution lol.)

Anyway, as stated in the OP, I too am glad I tried wholecig unflavored VG WTA eliquid. It's awesome! ( I bought 5 bottles back in June, and now just ordered the 50 ml of 36mg DIY unflavored. I'm going to experiment with adding it to some N-E-Ts that I have ordered recently. I'm so thankful that we have a few vendors out there doing all the work and research and we just get to sit back and enjoy the fruits of their labors!
:toast:

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Can it be vaped raw?

It can be vaped raw. Not sure why you would think WTA is more for experts? I went and bought some DIY bottles mostly 10ml sizes. Put a few mls of the WTA eliquid in one and add a drop or so of some other flavor(s). Shake and vape. Or in some cases, let it sit on the shelf for months hoping the flavors meld in the bottle and taste better at a later date lol. DIY is usually fun but can get frustrating at times:facepalm: Some people need 5, 10 or 20 drops of flavors etc. For me, just a drop or up to 3 drops in a 3 to 5ml of liquid is plenty to notice the change:) An interesting thing for me is that when I buy premaid eliquids from assorted vendors I usually order 18 mg nic because higher % gave me too much throat hit and/or feels to sharp or "bites" my tongue and throat. With this 25 mg unflavored WTA from wholecig I don't get that at all. No sting. Just a nice, very nice, vape!

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Lately I've been enjoying my simple DIY mix of my 100% VG unflavored 18mg nic base mixed with the Wholecig WTAs. (Actually the mg ratio varies but not important to the point I'm trying to make here.) No added DIY flavors.

I'm going to save a bundle from here on out...just wishing now that I didn't have hundreds$$$ tied up in trying so many kinds of different fruits, bakery and some god awful perfumey/chemical tasting/smelling so called tobacco flavors lol Live and learn! I'll continue to make some of the flavored stuff for change of pace now and then though. DIY is fun after all :)

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I like dark gunky VG eliquids like coffee/chocolate/vanillas, et. When I get down to about 1/4 left, I top it off with WC WTA. Before I'm finished the atty looks clean as new. I don't know if that works for everyone. I also like the change of pace with a lighter flavor, yet I still feel I'm getting the main benefit from vaping WTA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread