Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Thank you. I don't see many stores offering unflavored nic as a ready to vape liquid, I guess. That makes a lot more sense. Cheers :toast:.

The highest for vaping I have ever ordered (from an ECF registered vendor) is 36 mg. It was okay, but 32 mg was just right form me regarding high(er) nic vaping.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Mr. Mann, just curious what kind of clearo, carto or tank you use? I find when I change types, the flavor changes. I use Bauway SS clearos, i16s and plain ole C4s. Got away from the T3s because they were too much hassle but the best flavor and vapor yet.

I either use Joyetech 510/2.2Ω (standard res) attys at 4.8-5.0v, Empire Mods 510/1.5Ω attys at 3.7v, or an eBaron Dripper Pro at any number of resistances and voltages. I get the most usage out of my trust Joyetech attys--they're old school, but when they work (sometimes it's hit or miss), they work.

SouthernBliss

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Athens, Ga, USA
There must be two of us Dwalla people. I just put more money in my Dwalla account tonight because I am down to half a bottle and want to be plan ahead.

I also did a search on Anatabine and the suplament, Anatabloc, is really expensive! This is way cheaper if thyrod is an issue. Which sometimes happens when people stop smoking by the way.

Mostly I just want to say thank you. My life was seriously off track before I got my WTA in the mail. I'm a work at home artist type and had a pretty good work ethic till I quit smoking and took up vaping. About a week after I quit it all started to go off the rails though. I could not make myself work and that went on for months. Yes months. I blamed it on a bad year, bad projects, bad stress, getting old..you name it. I drank teas and took vitamins and on and on. I even tried limited smoking but it was yucky and I wasn't regular enough (go figure). The change after getting my WTA was not instant mind you. It took a couple of weeks to get my brain back. But now I'm working again and feel just worlds better. Anyway, thank you.

jfresh

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Gulfport, MS
www.wholecig.com
There must be two of us Dwalla people. I just put more money in my Dwalla account tonight because I am down to half a bottle and want to be plan ahead.

I also did a search on Anatabine and the suplament, Anatabloc, is really expensive! This is way cheaper if thyrod is an issue. Which sometimes happens when people stop smoking by the way.

Mostly I just want to say thank you. My life was seriously off track before I got my WTA in the mail. I'm a work at home artist type and had a pretty good work ethic till I quit smoking and took up vaping. About a week after I quit it all started to go off the rails though. I could not make myself work and that went on for months. Yes months. I blamed it on a bad year, bad projects, bad stress, getting old..you name it. I drank teas and took vitamins and on and on. I even tried limited smoking but it was yucky and I wasn't regular enough (go figure). The change after getting my WTA was not instant mind you. It took a couple of weeks to get my brain back. But now I'm working again and feel just worlds better. Anyway, thank you.

You're very welcome! Thank you for the testimonial.

From what I've read, (and experienced myself) your experience isn't uncommon. It seems it takes 1-2 weeks for the minor alkaloids to completely leave one's system...in that time, it may seem that nic-only e-liquid is doing the trick...and then, wham...for me it was a whirlwind of ADD...so, it also makes sense that these compounds take a similar time to build up again, though the sense of relief would probably come first...1-2 weeks probably is what it takes to get 'normal' again.

Yay, normal! :)

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Thanks, JF, for the conversation we had this morning.

For those interested, I called him to ask him some questions about his process and he had no issues with the questions or answering them.

The main questions I wanted to know was is there anything at all (chemical or otherwise) added to the liquid and is it solely extracted by WC from tobacco? JF answered definitively (but not in a rehearsed way): WholeCig's WTA is extracted from tobacco, by WholeCig, with nothing added (save for vegetable glycerin).

My line of questions came from something I saw on the internet from last year where WholeCig was pricing out chemicals. One of these chemicals would seem to be something that could be added to a liquid to make it "act" as if it was WTA. JF said, unprompted, that he agrees with Dvap (the original creator of WTA) that WTA is not a collection of separate chemicals (as stated here), but, as we should know by now, whole tobacco alkaloids extracted from, well, whole tobacco. Once again, he reiterated that what I saw was simply from his research and that his WTA is only from tobacco and not pieced together by the addition of any chemicals or substances.

JF told me that it wasn't until February of this year that he succeeded in extracting WTA from tobacco. He said since early last year he had looked into any number of things (tobacco/chemical/solvent related), because that's what you do when you research something from every angle.

p.s. If I have stated anything wrong, or veered off track from the conversation we had, JF, I ask that you correct me.

Last edited:

jfresh

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Gulfport, MS
www.wholecig.com
Thanks, JF, for the conversation we had this morning.

For those interested, I called him to ask him some questions about his process and he had no issues with the questions or answering them.

The main questions I wanted to know was is there anything at all (chemical or otherwise) added to the liquid and is it solely extracted by WC from tobacco? JF answered definitively (but not in a rehearsed way): WholeCig's WTA is extracted from tobacco, by WholeCig, with nothing added (save for vegetable glycerin).

My line of questions came from something I saw on the internet from last year where WholeCig was pricing out chemicals. One of these chemicals would seem to be something that could be added to a liquid to make it "act" as if it was WTA. JF said, unprompted, that he agrees with Dvap (the original creator of WTA) that WTA is not a collection of separate chemicals (as stated here), but, as we should know by now, whole tobacco alkaloids extracted from, well, whole tobacco. Once again, he reiterated that what I saw was simply from his research and that his WTA is only from tobacco and not pieced together by the addition of any chemicals or substances.

JF told me that it wasn't until February of this year that he succeeded in extracting WTA from tobacco. He said since early last year he had looked into any number of things (tobacco/chemical/solvent related), because that's what you do when you research something from every angle.

p.s. If I have stated anything wrong, or veered off track from the conversation we had, JF, I ask that you correct me.

No, you've summarized it perfectly.

I've seriously spent hundreds of hours researching everything I could get my hands on...and didn't settle on a process, find a chemist to work with and begin the R&D till early this year...but I spent nearly a year researching the topic before that...everything from extraction processes (there are many) to the particular effects of the various alkaloids, and their individual costs and availability, (yes, the possibility of a "formulation" was an avenue of investigation, one that was immediately obviously a dead end, both in complexity and expense) before developing our process. I am currently quite pleased with our process, its scalability and relative simplicity, but I have ideas for down the road, for other methods. Frankly, I'd drop 150k on a super-critical CO2 pilot plant extraction unit...tomorrow, if I could. Who wouldn't? Not that the end result would necessarily be any different than our final product is today (I think it wouldn't) but the time one would save, process cost effectiveness, as well as the quantities that could be produced daily make it a no-brainer.

So, yeah everybody, buy more...:laugh: Let's do this! lol.

Last edited:

SouthernBliss

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Athens, Ga, USA
for me it was a whirlwind of ADD

Exactly, there were days when anything could divert me from even the simplest of goals. At times I couldn't even make it through a simple post about something without wandering away. Looking at work I've been doing for over 7 years and simply not be able to do it was driving me nuts. I'm really thankful to have my "normal" brain back again. And to be really honest I seem to be less stressed and overall more upbeat than I was when I smoked 2 packs a day. I would guess because I am far less toxic than when I smoked.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Last edited:

jfresh

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Gulfport, MS
www.wholecig.com
Congrats, JF!

How long has this been in the making? How long ago did you first decide to do this. Can you give us a quick time line of your history with juice making and such?

I know bits and pieces from what you've told me, but I don't really know the answers to any of those questions.

I discovered the thread "nicotine, are we getting it?" or somesuch thing...can't find the link now...anyway the thread that WTA is first postulated and discussed, in late December of 2011. A little late to the party, yes. But I was mesmerized. I read the entire thing (and more) in about a weekend. By January of the next year I had a website (bought not built) and the research was underway. By March I had a partner, an LLC, and the basic website built and more research was done throughout the year. Pennies were pinched. Contacts were made, most importantly our R&D chemist was on board before the end of the year, and discussions of approaches were many and more pennies were pinched, etc....

Late this January we began experiments which were almost immediately successful. That's what you apparently get with a Phd chemist who specializes in R&D and an ADD hyper-focused entrepreneur. What we got, anyway. We chose chemicals and solvents with low toxicity and relative workroom safety and believe we have a process quite unique, considering it is essentially simple, well known chemistry.

By late February we were sending out a few samplers to folks who got in touch with us through our site...early enthusiasts I admire and appreciate! (Hulamoon...thanks so much!)

They were well received. We also beta-tested it among ourselves and our friends extensively. It was a hit. The rest is an evolving history you are all a part of, and have participated in to my delight and beyond any expectation I had. You all rock!

Oh and yes, Rick joined the team in March, bringing so much expertise in so many areas. Penny started in July. Time flies when you're working hard. We are a small company, but can hustle. Expect us to.

Before that I made my own e-liquids DIY style most of 2011. That's really about it...but of course that's a sketch...it's been a long road. But worth it.

(I'm terrible at timelines, but I think that's all pretty accurate. :) )

Thanks for asking.

Last edited:

jfresh

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Gulfport, MS
www.wholecig.com

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
It is utterly fascinating. Caused me to learn basic chemistry. It's like a evolving science mystery novel. Really, a great read.

You know, I've posted links from that thread (all Dvap), but I've never actually posted a link to the thread. I think I have been sort of feeling like if anyone wanted to find it, they could. Either which way, the bottom line is Dvap, Kurt, Kinabaloo, Vocalek, Stubby, Hittman and many others (whose names escapes me at the moment), are always posts I stop to read. Some for their knowledge, some for their questions, some for their overall good nature and some for being simply solid. Mostly, when I read that thread, I feel rather remedial about my own understanding--like when I was a kid and was accidentally put into the flying fish class as opposed to the pollywog--but like then, I just jump in and trust that I am smart enough to find the surface.

Last edited:

FL Lori

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2012
Port St Lucie, Florida
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread