Status
Not open for further replies.

GrapeVap

Forum Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Maryland USA
www.thevaporroom.net
We just got the current issue of VAPE magazine here at the shop. It's a great read, and a great way to keep up on the vape world.

I noticed in this issue, there was an ad promoting Vapecation, the first vape convention on a cruise ship! With the proliferation of themed cruises, I'm not surprised at all to find that the vapers have finally put one together.

The cruise is one week long, with mini-conventions and sponsored vape lounges throughout, traveling to Miami, the Bahamas, and Key West. It seems like it could be a great way to combine your love of vaping and need for a decent vacation!

I've never been on a cruise myself, but this one has my interest piqued. What do you guys think? Do you like the idea of a vape cruise? What other vape themed events would you be interested in?

Check out the full details of Vapecation here: Welcome - Vapecation

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
It's really hard to say, based on the website. So little info is given, it's pretty hard to figure out what the "vape" angle is.

What is the "Convention" listed so often in the "events" section? Is it just booths for the (as of now, 4 - Correction, 3 and Vaping Militia) vendors that are supporting it?
I didn't see any mention of a juice-tasting bar, cloud competition, DIY lab (where you could mix liquids with guidance using their flavorings, nic, pg/vg, etc and a contest for best/worst)
Coiling Lab (Where folks could show off their coils, and demo how they made them)
What's their smoking policy (for the dual-users)? For that matter, what's their vaping policy? (Can you vape in your stateroom, in the onboard bars, etc.?)

However, the statement:
"They have agreed to allow vaping aboard the ship throughout the duration of the event." makes me think, "Why would I support a cruise line that DOESN'T support vaping for their regular cruises?" (And "aboard the ship" does not necessarily mean "Anywhere on the ship").

It's all in the details. As it looks at the moment, not much thought has gone into "things that vapers might be interested in", seems more like just throwing together some standard cruise features with a tiny bit of vape-related focus (and it's not a particularly cheap cruise.....)

And I just can't see supporting a vape-friendly event on a normally vape-hostile cruise line.

GrapeVap

Forum Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Maryland USA
www.thevaporroom.net
Hi twgbonehead!

Wow - thanks for your input. Definitely a lot to consider there.

I agree, it does seem like the sponsors are pretty limited at this point. I am thinking that as the event gets nearer they will pick up a lot more sponsors. At least I hope so! With enough vendors represented at the event, I think 2 or 3 days of vape convention could be very entertaining. Your ideas for juice tasting bar, coiling lab, DIY lab, and cloud comps are all great! You should definitely get in touch via their contact page and submit your ideas. When I checked out the contact page they said they were still looking for suggestions.

I suppose Royal Caribbean could be considered unfriendly to vapers. Although they haven't banned vaping, vapers must observe the same restrictions as smokers aboard the ship. Smokers do have designated areas on Royal Caribbean ships.

You raise a good question, I wonder if that same policy will be applied during the Vapecation cruise. Maybe a great experience with vapers during the cruise could change their minds about the policy. It seems like many cruise lines have similar policies about vaping. According to my research, Princess Cruise Line is the most friendly to vapers, allowing folks to vape pretty much everywhere on the ship. (Hear that, Vapecation? Maybe next time go with Princess.)

Overall, I agree with you that a lot of details need to be worked out for this cruise. I'm still holding out hope that this is a great event for folks, should they choose to spend their vacation dollar that way. I personally will be following this event as it develops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread