Why all the hate for cloud chasers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allison Cloud

Feb 8, 2016
So I am rather new to vaping. I started about 6 months ago to quit smoking, it worked. But I recently got into cloud chasing. Because I like it and my friends do it. But It seems like every where I go, every video I watch, every website I go to is full of utter hatred toward cloud chasers? I know the internet is a very toxic place. But some groups of people seem to be "cool" to hate. And cloud chasers are on that list. And they seem to get the hate from non vapers and vapers alike. Can anyone tell me why this is? I mean, do the clouds in some way hurt people? Or is it more un-founded hate that has no real basis other than "It's cool to hate on them!" Such as most hate is.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I don't hate cloud chasers, whatever works for you. I do dislike any vapers that aren't considerate of others as far as where they blow their clouds. I do think it's silly to see how big a cloud you can blow, reminds me of bubble blowers haha :D
I vape only to quit smoking, that's it.
Let the fun begin. ;)
:pop:

bulldog63h

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Elizabethton Tennessee
The main complaint always seems to be about people blowing clouds in public, fearing it will put a bad taste in the non vaping populations mouths so to speak. I figure if you're going around blowing vapor in peoples faces, the size of the cloud is irrelevant. The solution to that problem is to just be courtious.

Allison Cloud

Feb 8, 2016
I don't hate cloud chasers, whatever works for you. I do dislike any vapers that aren't considerate of others as far as where they blow their clouds. I do think it's silly to see how big a cloud you can blow, reminds me of bubble blowers haha :D
I vape only to quit smoking, that's it.
Let the fun begin. ;)
:pop:
I get that. I like to blow big clouds, not so much "see how big of a cloud I can get." I do every now and then. But not often. But the reason I started smoking in the first place was because I like smoke. When I was a kid I would sit and light/blow out matches. Just to watch the smoke, lol.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Strictly *my* opinion, but I think there is frustration out there that some cloud-chasers don't take any time to understand what's going on and just want to fire a 0.05Ω coil on a TrustFire battery and fill a room....

Vaping has not only allowed me to quit smoking, but has offered me a hobby of sorts (building coils, making juice....)

Just as when I smoked, I sure don't want a cumulonimbus blown in my face. However, with a modicum of respect and a little bit of education, vape 'em if you got 'em!

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I get that. I like to blow big clouds, not so much "see how big of a cloud I can get." I do every now and then. But not often. But the reason I started smoking in the first place was because I like smoke. When I was a kid I would sit and light/blow out matches. Just to watch the smoke, lol.
Haha well that's a funny and honest response :D

Reactions: DingerCPA

Allison Cloud

Feb 8, 2016
I agree with the respect thing that keeps coming up. But I do not know any cloud chasers who vape in public other than at the shop. But granted I know 3 other than myself. So that does not say much. But we do not really go many places. And we leave them in the car when we do. We do not really do public interactions. Not our thing.

Reactions: DingerCPA

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
It's not the clouds.
It's the "do you even cloud bro?" Attitude that turns people off.

I'm almost 50 and while I'm not a "clown chaser" I would probably fall into that category due to the gear in use.
My daily vape is a brass mechancial with a .3 ohm dripper sporting dual parallel coils. Interestingly enough, the build is for flavor,... Thick rich flavor comes with thick rich clouds.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    i-wonder-if-clouds-ever-look-down-on-us-and-say.jpg

Allison Cloud

Feb 8, 2016
    It's not the clouds.
    It's the "do you even cloud bro?" Attitude that turns people off.

I'm almost 50 and while I'm not a "clown chaser" I would probably fall into that category due to the gear in use.
    My daily vape is a brass mechancial with a .3 ohm dripper sporting dual parallel coils. Interestingly enough, the build is for flavor,... Thick rich flavor comes with thick rich clouds.
    See, that is one thing I see a lot. But I only ever see anything about that from people hating on cloud chasewrs. I have yet to actually see an actual cloud chaser act that way. In fact my best friend is the biggest person into it I know and he is the type of person that EVERYONE likes. It can be annoying at times. Everyone wanting to be around. As I have bad social anixity, lol.

Reactions: Lessifer

WattWick

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2013
    Cold Norway
    I can only speak for my own "hate". Not really hate. More like a lack of respect. Usually not aimed at groups, but at 'some people'. Which, one could argue, is grouping in disguise. :rolleyes:

It's most often not about what people do, but how they go about doing it. I tend to have more respect for those with a level of knowledge beyond simply knowing when to go "Broooo!" and when to go "Bro?!".

Like it or not - that's "how I roll". :2cool:

Reactions: Bad Ninja

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 18, 2013
    Chicago
    Why does anyone hate anyone? It's a mystery. Maybe it's based in insecurities, stereotypes, bad experience or stigma. I used to have a neighbor in our condo. She hated me. She had a big Great Dane. She put up a fence between our shared porch and would leave the dog out there. The problem was she wouldn't walk the dog or even let it out in the backyard - literally 5 feet away from the porch. So the dog would pee and poop on the porch. On the wood porch. It was disgusting. So I asked her to not to let the dog do that. Did she hate me for asking her not to let her dog do that? It seemed like a perfectly reasonable request the first time. It seem perfectly reasonable the second and third time I asked. Did she hate me because I got feed up and put lots of liquid laxative in the dogs water bowl and he crapped all over her condo that night? It's hard to tell, these things are often a mystery. Me? I try to love all people. All people a special treasures. Until it's laxative time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread