Why Am I Finding It So Hard To Screw Down My Coils Properly on Russian 91% / Kayfuns Lites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBox

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2013
United Kingdom
Is there some kind of technique I'm missing with the kayfun? The slightest move of the coil and it comes off the screw. Also when I turn the screw it just seems to push the wire out away from it. Am I doing something wrong or is it just a total pain in the ....? Do you wrap the coil around the screw or make a u-shape? Anything I've tried doesn't seem to be successful. Doesn't help that the deck moves either. It's much easier on those atties where you poke the wire through a hole and screw down. I thought these were supposed to be easy to do?

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
Try wrapping the piece of Kanthal CLOCKWISE around the screw post (or are you already doing that?). That way when you tighten the screw, it will have a tendency to keep the wire underneath the screw head...I usually wrap mine like 3/4 the way around the post and sinch in down....

Yep, only adding to keep a little tension by pulling on the excess wire while tightening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread