Why Am I Finding It So Hard To Screw Down My Coils Properly on Russian 91% / Kayfuns Lites?

Discussion in 'Coil Builds' started by ModBox, May 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ModBox

ModBox Senior Member ECF Veteran

Is there some kind of technique I'm missing with the kayfun? The slightest move of the coil and it comes off the screw. Also when I turn the screw it just seems to push the wire out away from it. Am I doing something wrong or is it just a total pain in the ....? Do you wrap the coil around the screw or make a u-shape? Anything I've tried doesn't seem to be successful. Doesn't help that the deck moves either. It's much easier on those atties where you poke the wire through a hole and screw down. I thought these were supposed to be easy to do?

2. jpcwon

jpcwon Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Try wrapping the piece of Kanthal CLOCKWISE around the screw post (or are you already doing that?). That way when you tighten the screw, it will have a tendency to keep the wire underneath the screw head...I usually wrap mine like 3/4 the way around the post and sinch in down....

3. ModBox

ModBox Senior Member ECF Veteran

So kind of like an S shape with the coil in the middle?

4. distortoblotto

distortoblotto Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Yep, only adding to keep a little tension by pulling on the excess wire while tightening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.